2024 Phillies Thread

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Someone, I don't know, maybe a commissioner or someone, should probably explain that literally no one is there to see the umps, and given the Rockies record, hardly anyone was there to see them. But a lot of people probably paid to see Harper and the Phillies tonight.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Well that sucked, on multiple levels. I had forgotten what a L felt like. ;)
The check swing call appeal that the 1st base ump called a strike on JT was pretty bad, and changed the dynamics (went from 3-1 to 2-2, with bases loaded in the top of the 10th)

Oh well

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Hated to see it, but Bravos MVP Acuna went down with a leg injury this afternoon on the basepaths vs. Pirates. Didn't look good.

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
They lost two out of three but unlike many Phillies fans I don’t blame losses on theimpires.
Superstars typically don’t get ejected after three pitches. Can’t stand umps thinking people paid money to see them, IMO. But hey, good luck the rest of the season to the Braves fan coming into the Phillies chat to crap on us every time you feel like it. If you want to talk baseball, talk baseball, not make every post smack talk like you’re better than us. That’s the way grown ups do it.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
The Phils played 27 innings in Colorado and only took one inning of offense with them. Hopefully the rest of the offense will catch up to them in San Francisco.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Harper has been ejected 21 times in his career. You would think he would figure out how not to get thrown out of games by now especially in the first inning of a game in Colorado. Throwing your helmet is an invitation to get ejected. I understand his intensity but I didn’t realize there were different rules for superstars and “regular” players.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Oh poor baby. I have complimented the Phillies plenty on here but kind of hard to recognize that with blinders on

Latest posts