“ USC fans were right all along... but the national media ignored them”

CSC96

Apr 29, 2020
I disagree with #TrojansWire that local LA media “has done well in covering the team”. For three years, NO ONE there ever publicly called for Clay Helton to be fired until the aftermath of the Stanford game when Brady McCullough and Bill Plaschke did so. All those BS puff pieces by Dennis Dodd, Mark Whicker, LA Times, et al plus condescending comments towards USC fans by Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN Gameday, et al. Such dishonesty in news reporting, though that seems to be the norm anymore. Everyone has their own agenda.

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
Well I know Bush and Leinhart tried hard to sell Urban. Bush was more aggressive, but he knew he had to tone it down! At least these 2tried!
Fight On!

Reactions: SoCalN8tiv

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
The first question Lynn Swann was asked after USC won the PAC-12 Championship in 2017 was about Clay Helton’s job security. This happened on the field at Levi’s Stadium while the team was celebrating. Any guesses why? lol

Reactions: Pudly76

CSC96

Apr 29, 2020
The first question Lynn Swann was asked after USC won the PAC-12 Championship in 2017 was about Clay Helton’s job security. This happened on the field at Levi’s Stadium while the team was celebrating. Any guesses why? lol
Not the same as putting out an article with your hypothesis stating that Clay should be fired. Granted not as strong a case then.

gubo&palanka

Sep 23, 2017
Very few of the media have USC's best interests at heart. They halfheartedly repeat that "college football is better when USC is strong" but they don't mean it.

I'll take a guess at Scott's question and say players like Darnold were dismayed at the culture, practices, development, etc.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
Very few of the media have USC's best interests at heart. They halfheartedly repeat that "college football is better when USC is strong" but they don't mean it.

I'll take a guess at Scott's question and say players like Darnold were dismayed at the culture, practices, development, etc.
That is factual - But what Sam really enjoyed most was three or four people trying to call plays during games.