100% support Jack del Rio

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
I think there were many, many well intentioned people who supported the movement in its early days.

But it became pretty clear that the people behind the operation were nothing like they were trying to present to the world. They’re bad operators intent on scamming, stirring up trouble and causing as much racial strife as possible.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Ok, so now here’s another Dem hypocrisy.
They’re pissed at Jack Del Rio for calling the riot at the Capital a “dust up” in relation to the nationwide rioting all summer.

But Ilhan Omar famously refused to acknowledge the worst terrorist attack in US history on Sept. 11, 2001, saying only that “something happened” that day. Not even a dust up? Where is the anger at her?

I fully support Del Rio also.

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
I don't support Jack Del Rio. Both were major deals and I would put the White House at the very top of worldwide major deals. Can't pick and choose.

"People's livelihoods are being destroyed, businesses are being burned down – no problem. And then we have a dust-up at the Capitol, nothing burned down – and we're gonna make that a major deal?" Del Rio told reporters after a Wednesday practice.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I don't support Jack Del Rio. Both were major deals and I would put the White House at the very top of worldwide major deals. Can't pick and choose.

"People's livelihoods are being destroyed, businesses are being burned down – no problem. And then we have a dust-up at the Capitol, nothing burned down – and we're gonna make that a major deal?" Del Rio told reporters after a Wednesday practice.
The White House is indeed at the top of major deals as far as disasters go, but I don’t know of a riot happening there.

Del Rio wasn’t saying that the Capital riot wasn’t a big deal, only that it was a dust up in relation to the devastating summer riots, which killed dozens of everyday people and burned down the livelihoods of thousands, with the full support of many Dems, including the current Vice President.

He wants to know why they are outraged now, but not then, when it was just average citizens losing everything. Are they any less important than the bigwigs in Congress?

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
The White House is indeed at the top of major deals as far as disasters go, but I don’t know of a riot happening there.

Del Rio wasn’t saying that the Capital riot wasn’t a big deal, only that it was a dust up in relation to the devastating summer riots, which killed dozens of everyday people and burned down the livelihoods of thousands, with the full support of many Dems, including the current Vice President.

He wants to know why they are outraged now, but not then, when it was just average citizens losing everything. Are they any less important than the bigwigs in Congress?
Peaceful protest. Jack took a political stance.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Del Rio said an idiotic thing. Pete Carroll has said idiotic things regarding 9/11. Both have a responsibility to their teams. I support the right of anyone to express his/her opinion. And I support the right of employers to act, within their rights, if those opinions reflect poorly on the organization.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Correct.

This is why Kap was given his walking papers. Political statements are not your right while on the company’s time.
I didn't realize he was "on company time".

Elucidate, por favor.

Only a lib could give wanton looting, rioting, arson and outright murder by leftists "demonstrating" in cities across America ever since Trump was first elected a pass but condemn a man for speaking his opinion on what any rational mind can clearly see was a comparatively minor event by any measure.

If there is any “two systems of justice” situation here, it’s that there are one set of rules for right-wing rioters and none for left-wing BLM & Antifa rioters who terrorized entire communities for months on end in 2020.

1655381762598.png

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
I didn't realize he was "on company time".

Elucidate, por favor.

Only a lib could give wanton looting, rioting, arson and outright murder by leftists "demonstrating" in cities across America ever since Trump was first elected a pass but condemn a man for speaking his opinion on what any rational mind can clearly see was a comparatively minor event by any measure.

If there is any “two systems of justice” situation here, it’s that there are one set of rules for right-wing rioters and none for left-wing BLM & Antifa rioters who terrorized entire communities for months on end in 2020.

View attachment 202867
According to them, thats just folks expressing themselves...

• Angry
Reactions: shane2020

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

Aug 24, 2017
Del Rio said an idiotic thing. Pete Carroll has said idiotic things regarding 9/11. Both have a responsibility to their teams. I support the right of anyone to express his/her opinion. And I support the right of employers to act, within their rights, if those opinions reflect poorly on the organization.
Agree with your sentiment. But in reality, our world doesn't work that way. If Del Rio said Cuba is superior to the USA, because they built schools, not prisons, or that Antifa/BLM riots were justified because they are " anti- racists", or that Pro life clinics are Christians fascists, he wouldn't get any blowback from the NFL.
I have no respect for Ron Rivera, and Roger Goddell is a coward.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Agree with your sentiment. But in reality, our world doesn't work that way. If Del Rio said Cuba is superior to the USA, because they built schools, not prisons, or that Antifa/BLM riots were justified because they are " anti- racists", or that Pro life clinics are Christians fascists, he wouldn't get any blowback from the NFL.
I have no respect for Ron Rivera, and Roger Goddell is a coward.
Maybe. That doesn't explain Kaepernick, though, does it? And it depends on the "world." What might be unacceptable in one business could be celebrated in another industry.

Last edited:
Reactions: FightOnTrojans!

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
Correct.

This is why Kap was given his walking papers. Political statements are not your right while on the company’s time.
Except Kap did not get fined. He was made a hero by the left and made lots of money from Nike. I wonder if Nike will make a Jack commercial. This is not directed at you Gold. My question is for anyone to ask. Did he do this at work or at a practice or on the grounds of the team? If not, is he allowed to express himself at home or on a tweet etc. away from the team as private citizen? This is not clear.

Reactions: jaycee993

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
He's also an employees working under company policy.
Which would work if Rivera stated the penalty in those terms but he didn't. The penalty, per Rivera, was for having the wrong opinion.

The fact that this team belongs to Washington DC is key. Had it been, say, in a red state, I don't think hes getting in trouble.
Del Rio asked questions. Your take on idiotic is idiotic.

What did PC actually say about 9/11? He asked questions...legit questions in light of the fact that many Saudis loyal to Dubya had arranged flights out of the country right after it happened. He also questioned the "use" of troops in Iraq and he was right to question it.

Idiotic was his 2-yardline play call that cost the Seahawks the super bowl. But that's football so I don't expect you to have anything to say.

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
I think there were many, many well intentioned people who supported the movement in its early days.

But it became pretty clear that the people behind the operation were nothing like they were trying to present to the world. They’re bad operators intent on scamming, stirring up trouble and causing as much racial strife as possible.

Way too many people get sucked in by a catchy three word meme, like Build Back Better or Black Lives Matter, instead of taking the time to learn who is behind the meme and what policies they are actually promoting.

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020

What did Pete say?

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Jack Del Rio is a wise Trojan alum. I'd like to know how he feels about MSM's failure to cover the attempted assassination of a SCOTUS Justice. 😏
It's been getting a helluva lot more coverage than these attempted assassinations had, but do tell us how tHuH mEdiUh isn't covering it. Crazy people do crazy things. Thank God for diligent police work.

2blkk

Aug 24, 2017
It's been getting a helluva lot more coverage than these attempted assassinations had, but do tell us how tHuH mEdiUh isn't covering it. Crazy people do crazy things. Thank God for diligent police work.

BOOM 💥

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
One of the most glaring facts is that throughout all the riots Biden, Kamela, Pelosi, Schumer did not condemn them in fact Kamela was donating money to bail out those arrested. Liberal mayors woulkd not accept National Guard offers from Trump. MSM didnt show much of the violence and destruction. Those few arrested got slaps on the hand if that. The left was and still afraid of BLM. In contrast Jan 6 is now a new democratic yearly holiday and no one talks about or remembers the riots. Lots of those cities are still in shambles. I just wish there was equal outrage thats all.

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

Aug 24, 2017
Maybe. That doesn't explain Kaepernick, though, does it? And it depends on the "world." What might be unacceptable in one business could be celebrated in another industry.p made it pretty clear that playing football wasn't a priority. He was much more interested in being an activist for extreme left wing causes, not winning football games. In addition, any team that signs him will have to deal with major distractions.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Kap made it pretty clear he wanted to be an activist for extreme left wing causes, and he wasn't really interested in winning football games. And any team that signs him will have to deal with major distractions. That has a lot to do with not being signed by any team.
Also- he stinks as a QB.
Funny --- my dad lives in Northern Nevada and was a huge fan of Kaepernick because he played for UNR. When he was doing well with the Forty-Niners, my dad couldn't shut up about him. I didn't hear a peep from my dad after Kaepernick became an activist. Point being, you may have valid reasons to not like his activism, but he didn't "stink" as a QB. That is sour grapes revisionism.

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020

It’s okay to ask questions. Our collective trust in our own government took a very bad turn when JFK was assassinated. It’s extremely annoying that Biden refused to release the remaining official documents about JFK. What exactly are they hiding from us?

Having said that, not everything in life is a conspiracy.

Reactions: aimeedee

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
Funny --- my dad lives in Northern Nevada and was a huge fan of Kaepernick because he played for UNR. When he was doing well with the Forty-Niners, my dad couldn't shut up about him. I didn't hear a peep from my dad after Kaepernick became an activist. Point being, you may have valid reasons to not like his activism, but he didn't "stink" as a QB. That is sour grapes revisionism.

He was a decent qb. Had above average potential, imo, but he made some odd choices in life which is his right as an American.

TheRealAirbns

Aug 24, 2017
Lol...It's a thread locking massacre today! 🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒🔒
Luckily, we don't have to worry, because, you know, that ban of political threads doesn't apply to aiimee or shane2020. So everybody just behave the same as always. As long as it's those two starting the political threads, Schrader absolutely won't shut this board down, like he threatened to do on May 14. /s

Reactions: jaycee993