2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Since the long layoff due to the Ole Miss game being postponed, the Gamecocks have played 8 games. The previous game prior to the Ole Mis postponement was the overtime loss to Missouri. But the Gamecocks are 8-0 since - during those 8 games, they have shot 124-170 from the free throw line, for a 72.9 completion percentage. So it looks like they spent much of that down time practicing their FT shooting.

They were supposed to have practiced on their ball protection after the Arkansas game, when they had 8 days between games - they started out looking improved, with a total 20 turnovers in the Vanderbilt and Ole Miss make-up games, but then had 21 turnovers against Florida alone, so that is still a work in progress I guess....

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
UConn trailing creighton at half 32-30. They are just not real good without Bueckers

Last edited:

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
We have a 19 game winning streak against Bama. The last time we lost to Bama, Susan Walvius was coach. The leading scorer for us in that loss was C Ilona Burgova, y’all remember her, right?

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I watched a couple of Bama games. They've only won two games in conference, both against Auburn. While they miss Jordan Lewis, it's the loss of Ariyah Copeland that's hit them the hardest. She gave us fits in the SEC tournament last season. Without her, they get very little offensive production out of their bigs.

Kristy Curry has tried to offset the lack of low post production by playing a 4 guard lineup at times. They do have some good perimeter players, but the lack of size is a huge liability against teams that can rebound and score in the post. Yeah, so Curry has a tough choice tonight: go small and get killed on the boards or play two bigs and struggle to score.

Reactions: winloseortie

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
UT with the worst loss ever by a top 10 WBB team. Literally. Just saw that stat on the SEC Network. Yikes.
Brother DarkCock, their really not that good. Even when they were undefeated with the weak schedule I didn’t consider them a top 20 team like many in the media did! As for Charlie Creme picking them for one of the top 4 tournament spot, I didn’t see it, bottom line my eyes weren’t forsaking me like Charlie’s 👀 were doing to him! Bottom line the Pat’s team of old are gone no matter how much some in the media would like for us to believe different!!!

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
How much did Green's loss diminish them? They seemed to be doing pretty well before that happened?

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Don't know what happened to UT tonight but glad Carolina won. I was starting to get a little concerned UT might gives us a run for our
money but I don't think so. Maybe UF is the team that will give us trouble?

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
How much did Green's loss diminish them? They seemed to be doing pretty well before that happened?
Statistically not that much, but mindset and leadership a good deal. I think this is in some ways a cumulative loss.
UT lost Starter Marta Suarez prior to the beginning of the season, then Burrell for 10 games(and she doesn’t look the same as last year), now Green.
Harper has done an excellent job hiding their weaknesses all season. She has used their height at all positions to overwhelm teams in the paint both scoring and rebounding.
But for the fourth year in a row they don’t have a Pg. Horston had more TOs than points last night, while tall they are slow footed and Key is foul prone.

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
Don't know what happened to UT tonight but glad Carolina won. I was starting to get a little concerned UT might gives us a run for our
The only thing that’s happening to Tenn is that their finally hitting the meat of the schedule!!!! Anybody came be 18-1 and ranked as high is #4 especially when you’re wearing tenn 🍊 and playing a soft schedule. Now the better or decent teams are starting to expose UTjr!!
As for the Lady’s Gs, we might not win it all this year. Because our girls have already played March Madness on the front end of our schedule! This is why I think they tend to play to the level of competition or play sluggish at times! Folks March Madness has been conquered and our girls are mentally tired! I just hope we can hang on and win it all!

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
With or without Green, Tenn weak schedule is starting show it head!! There no other way to spin this!

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Statistically not that much, but mindset and leadership a good deal. I think this is in some ways a cumulative loss.
UT lost Starter Marta Suarez prior to the beginning of the season, then Burrell for 10 games(and she doesn’t look the same as last year), now Green.
Harper has done an excellent job hiding their weaknesses all season. She has used their height at all positions to overwhelm teams in the paint both scoring and rebounding.
But for the fourth year in a row they don’t have a Pg. Horston had more TOs than points last night, while tall they are slow footed and Key is foul prone.
I'm glad they are more mortal than they appeared earlier. Hopefully we can keep the band together.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Guys I don’t know where y’all are getting UT has had a soft schedule. Their SOS is #8 and with the UConn game have played 6 OOC games against teams who are locks to make the tourney. Also top 25 teams Stanford, UConn, S Fl. and Texas.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
If we continue to cut down on the TO's and developing the bench, no one is beating us. The turnovers weren't bad until the 4th Q when the bench was empited.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
We committed 21 turnovers and beat Florida by 12.

UT committed 19 turnovers and lost to Florida by 25.

It's about rebounding and defense for USC and Tenn. The Vols aren't rebounding and playing defense like they were earlier in the season. We, on the other hand, have turned it up a notch. Rivers, Hall, Lele and Amihere can be turnover machines, but they are all excellent defenders. They are emerging and our defense is getting even better. Got to keep it up.

Lou219

Joined Aug 4, 2020
Jan 18, 2022
We handled UF pretty handily at their court this past Sunday. The game wasn't as close as the final score indicated. If Florida is the team that will give us trouble, we are in excellent shape in the conference.

Reactions: Goody

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
We handled UF pretty handily at their court this past Sunday. The game wasn't as close as the final score indicated. If Florida is the team that will give us trouble, we are in excellent shape in the conference.
Thank you....that was my point....

Reactions: Lou219

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Wondering.......
Has the leveling slightly downward of UConn put more suspense and interest in WBB?

Also SECN and ACCN treat WBB seriously. They don’t JUST show the games. Halftime whip arounds and an end of the night assessment and wrap up.

Thursday night and Sunday afternoon are simply carved out for WBB. Wondering if WBB is getting eyeballs because of no MBB competition on those time slots and starting to get male crossover. It doesn’t hurt that Andy Landers got moved out. Great coach, gave wonderful insights but was so aw shucks and sooo old school he made me feel young and hip

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Addendum

Premium Monday night matchup on ESPN also helps. With big 12 I never know what night they play, seems to wander all over the place. Friday night games for PAC 12 leave me scratching my head?? Am not drawn to big 10

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Addendum

Premium Monday night matchup on ESPN also helps. With big 12 I never know what night they play, seems to wander all over the place. Friday night games for PAC 12 leave me scratching my head?? Am not drawn to big 10
All that Friday night football they play and televise is off-putting to me. But I feel that way about any league that does it. Even the ACC has done some of it. That practice ought to go away.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
No way the GOAT loses to UT tomorrow, right? The Vols were a mess last game.

Reactions: Goody