2022-23 PSU Men's Ice Hockey Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Please use this thread for all preseason, in-season, and post-season discussions of the PSU men's ice hockey program for the 2022-23 season.

You can find the information that was posted in the 2021-22 ice hockey thread at:

doctornick

Oct 12, 2021
Last edited:

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
2-0 and an early PK in the second.

Still 2-0 thru two. Penalty free period at Pegula.

90 seconds in and a PP for Canisius.
Goal for Canisius. Souliere made some nice saves but sustained pressure led to the goal.

2-1 16:36 to play

Jimmy Dowd with a pretty goal to make it 3-1 good guys! 11 minutes to go.

After a close call in our end, a penalty on Canisius puts the Lions on the PP. 8:39 to go

Seconds after the PP ended, a very pretty feed in front puts the Lions up 4-1. MacEachren with the tally.

And a PP for Canisius. Hooking on Gratton.

Another PP goal for Canisius. 4-2

It’s a final from Pegula as the Lions open the season with a victory 5-2, tacking on an empty netter with :23 to play!

Last edited:

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
2-0 and an early PK in the second.

Still 2-0 thru two. Penalty free period at Pegula.

90 seconds in and a PP for Canisius.
Goal for Canisius. Souliere made some nice saves but sustained pressure led to the goal.

2-1 16:36 to play

Jimmy Dowd with a pretty goal to make it 3-1 good guys! 11 minutes to go.

After a close call in our end, a penalty on Canisius puts the Lions on the PP. 8:39 to go

Seconds after the PP ended, a very pretty feed in front puts the Lions up 4-1. MacEachren with the tally.

And a PP for Canisius. Hooking on Gratton.

Another PP goal for Canisius. 4-2

It’s a final from Pegula as the Lions open the season with a victory 5-2, tacking on an empty netter with :23 to play!
I thought Soulierre looked shaky in the 1st period, but hung on to keep them scoreless, looked terrific at times in the 2nd period, with 3 or 4 terrific saves.

There's no experienced depth behind him, so he needs to be very, very good for us to have a good season.

I'm not the biggest Gadowski fan - overall a good coach, but results aren't consistent. He is 10 years in with us. A couple of solid, promising seasons a few seasons ago, and we have not gone back to that level since. Unless we have a really good season this season, I'm ok with them going out to find another coach.

But, the positives are that there was a good crowd tonight, they got off to a good start in the 1st, they responded well to pressure in the 3rd, and we came away with a good win against a usually respectable team. Let's go get 'em tomorrow night as well.

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
^ Gads is not going anywhere unless Pegula wants to see a change.

What stinks is that the 2019-2020 season had not only a high probability of another B1G Tournament Championship, but also a great chance to finally win a regional. We will never know, but man the team was playing very well headed into the postseason before COVID f d it all up.

Potential post season results could have really helped program in taking next steps.

Sigh!

pennstater97

Oct 12, 2021

I either didn't know or had forgotten that Autio hit the transfer portal. I had heard that Souliere, when they recruited him, was supposed to be the long-term goalie prospect (kinda like Jones before Autio) but he didn't play as well as they had expected early on (hence Autio being the go-to goalie); maybe now is his time!