5 of the Best "Tennessee Whiskeys"

Outsider Jim

Sep 20, 2022
Who do you have on your Tennessee Whiskey leader board (Only 1 pick from each distillery)?

To be classified as “Tennessee Whiskey,” the spirit must be made from fermented mash of at least 51 percent corn, aged in new oak barrels, charcoal mellowed (Lincoln County Process), and produced in Tennessee.

1. George Dickel Barrel Select
2. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Barrel Proof
3. Prichard's Tennessee Whiskey
4. Leiper's Fork Bottled in Bond Tennessee Whiskey
5. Nelson's Green Brier Tennessee Whiskey

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
It never seems to be talked about, but I really dig Chattanooga Whisky's 111 proof offering. It drinks like a much, much lower proof. They do some cool things at the distillery, too with varying barrel finishes.

The best Tennessee Whiskey I've ever had was Blue Note 17 year. It's 17+ year old Dickel without the Dickel mineral profile. They bottled a 10 year old as well that's pretty nice.

Last edited:

NewberryCocky1997

Joined Dec 21, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
Who do you have on your Tennessee Whiskey leader board (Only 1 pick from each distillery)?

To be classified as “Tennessee Whiskey,” the spirit must be made from fermented mash of at least 51 percent corn, aged in new oak barrels, charcoal mellowed (Lincoln County Process), and produced in Tennessee.

Uncle Nearest 1856 is good
Jack daniels Bottled in bond is solid AF for the price

TheTrojanKnight

Aug 24, 2017

Nelson's Green brier is great. From California and never heard of it until I went on vacay to Nashville last month.