NUTZZZZZZZZ 🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰
Tee'd it up for someone.
Glad you didn't whiff on it.

trick bat GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

ThorinHB

Aug 24, 2017
There are legit reasons. he has been passed over in the pros for several HC positions. I'd stay away from him

BehindSunset

Aug 24, 2017
The zero HC experience flip flop on here are amazing. Everyone was clamoring for Venables who is also only a coordinator unless I’m mistaken. Granted, Eric B has had some baggage that others may not carry but he seems to be doing fine in KC. And let’s not jump to the “he hasn’t been hired in the NFL” mess. How many black coaches were hired at all. That’s a whole different issue there.
I'd agree with you IF we hadn't just hired 3 straight mediocre candidates. The idea is that after so many years of mediocrity, it would be nice to hire someone who has a proven track record of success as a college coach. It's not a guarantee of success at SC but it raises the odds. Taking a gamble on someone without head coach experience seems like a bad idea after Clay.

Aug 24, 2017
I believe EB would be a very good college coach and would win a NC if he goes to any blue chip program....but that he would also bolt back to the NFL for a top job as soon as hes successful.

AtownSC

Sep 8, 2017
Would Bieniemy even give us an answer before Feb? Thats a long time to wait for an answer and evaluation...

AlamoTrojan

Sep 12, 2021
Hard pass....

- No head coaching experience at any level
- Has only been a position/coordinator coach
- He is a successful OC with leagues hottest QB talent for the next generation (even Helton looked good with Sam)

This type of hire would be worst case scenario. Could he be a home run hire...maybe. Could he be a dumpster fire...maybe. I'd put odds of a home run at 25%. We have to do better.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Hard pass....

- No head coaching experience at any level
- Has only been a position/coordinator coach
- He is a successful OC with leagues hottest QB talent for the next generation (even Helton looked good with Sam)

This type of hire would be worst case scenario. Could he be a home run hire...maybe. Could he be a dumpster fire...maybe. I'd put odds of a home run at 25%. We have to do better.
Fools gold and Andy is the one that runs that offense

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
It’s another air raid. KC doesn’t run the ball a lick and they get by having an elite QB and a fast WR. It would be the same offense as now. Also, this is Andy Reid’s offense not Bienenemy.
You said is right here. It’s Any Reid’s offense he could replace Eric tomorrow with Clay Helton and keep it rolling.

He won’t have Travis Kelce, Hill or Mahomes here so what else does he have?

I see this as a Jimmy Lake like stretch. This organization has been through enough. Please have mercy on us fans and go out and get a proven HC with Experience. Ask yourself would Clemson or Alabama hire Eric Bienenemy as their HC? No! Well that’s who you have to beat to reach your goal. Think like them to beat them. You can’t be playing Risk while they are playing monopoly you have to beat them at their own game. That’s why I like Venables he would take over at Clemson if Saban retired and Dabo took the Alabama job. He’s a top tier NC winning DC not a HC but the level of DC experience more than makes up for that.

Last edited:

MongoSlade

Aug 24, 2017
I'd agree with you IF we hadn't just hired 3 straight mediocre candidates. The idea is that after so many years of mediocrity, it would be nice to hire someone who has a proven track record of success as a college coach. It's not a guarantee of success at SC but it raises the odds. Taking a gamble on someone without head coach experience seems like a bad idea after Clay.
Trust me, we’re thinking the same way. I’d LOVE for Tony Elliott to get a shot but I don’t see a coordinator with no HC cred coming in to clean up the Clay mess.

Reactions: ES Trojan

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Colin Cowherd made a good point on a clip I saw of his show. USC needs a Pro guy, not another college guy from small town Pennsylvania, Ohio, Minnesota etc.
That’s an opinion, not a winning argument. I can give you 50 reasons why we want to have somebody proven and active in college football rather than a pro guy.

Pete Carroll was the exception as somebody who stepped down, succeeded, then step back up and succeeded again.

The names of those who have successfully gone from college to pros is short and the list of professional coaches who stepped down and succeeded at the college level is even shorter.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

Trojack

Aug 24, 2017
You said is right here. It’s Any Reid’s offense he could replace Eric tomorrow with Clay Helton and keep it rolling.

I see this as a Jimmy Lake like stretch. This organization has been through enough. Please have mercy on us fans and go out and get a proven HC with Experience. Ask yourself would Clemson or Alabama hire Eric Bienenemy as their HC? No! Well that’s who you have to beat to reach your goal. Think like them to beat them. You can’t be playing Risk while they are playing monopoly you have to beat them at their own game. That’s why I like Venables he would take over at Clemson if Saban retired and Dabo took the Alabama job. He’s a top tier NC winning DC not a HC but the level of DC experience more than makes up for that.

I like Venables, especially what we did to his defense in the NC game in Miami in 2005 :cool:

Reactions: Cardinal&Gold

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017

But is he the type that can run a program? that's the issue with Venables.

Cab_jag562

Oct 14, 2019
With NIL in full force & being in Los Angeles, USC definitely could use a pro level type of Head Coach or an individual that’s already been at a blue blood level program.

BehindSunset

Aug 24, 2017

Hell he’s starting to look more and more like Charlie Weiss.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
So, in other words, you would only consider someone that has coached at SC; that pool of viable candidates is too shallow. Need to open it up to winners, regardless of where they won!
Here's the thing, Eric has never been a HC and isn't the keys behind that offense at KC. My opinion on the hiring process has noting to do with considering someone that's coached at SC. Far from it. It's to look and get the best and Eric isn't the best option for HC. So I agree with you in that USC needs to look for winners but how they win and if they have a legit plan should be a factor. We need a coach that has their sh*t together and doesn't look like a clueless fool on the sideline. Or needs to blame someone else in the ether about, why they can't preform on Saturdays on the field, after a week of practice or even a full pre-season.

"We have Coach Reid, and Coach Reid calls plays, but there's a ton of input from Coach Bieniemy and he calls a ton of plays in our game plan and it gets overlooked.” The Chiefs have managed to reach back-to-back Super Bowls without losing any assistant coaches to head-coaching jobs elsewhere.

Last edited:

Willlson!

Aug 24, 2017
Here's a list of main qualifications the guy needs for serious consideration (not all must be checked, but a majority will need to be checked off):

1. Credibility in coaching circles
2. Likeable personality
3. Some tie to California/West Coast/or at least some experience recruiting the area
4. Charisma
5. Head Coaching experience
6. NFL Coaching experience (as either HC/OC/DC)
7. Minimal to no dirty laundry (no sexual harassment, assault, etc. claims in the past)
8. Attentive to details
9. Excellent mentor to players and subordinate coaches
10. Wins/gets positive results on the field
11. Being a minority will help but not required
My problem with him is he's now an NFL guy through and through. He's just looking for the right NFL coaching job. He would put in a couple of 8-4 seasons and one of the pro teams would scoop him up

jacksonsf

Aug 24, 2017
well, Bohn knows EB personally in that Bohn was colorado's AD when EB coached at Colorado.

TrojanSigma

Aug 24, 2017
Colin Cowherd made a good point on a clip I saw of his show. USC needs a Pro guy, not another college guy from small town Pennsylvania, Ohio, Minnesota etc.
The question that I have is as an OC under Andy Reid, does he really call the plays?! He was passed over by his own *alma mater* Colorado who went with Karl Dorrell 😳. Too much *risk* in this move. I'm not buying it.

Nate Doggg

Aug 24, 2017
The zero HC experience flip flop on here are amazing. Everyone was clamoring for Venables who is also only a coordinator unless I’m mistaken. Granted, Eric B has had some baggage that others may not carry but he seems to be doing fine in KC. And let’s not jump to the “he hasn’t been hired in the NFL” mess. How many black coaches were hired at all. That’s a whole different issue there.
My God - who the hell wanted Venables? He's terrible - anyone watch the Ohio State game last year? Know how many times he blitzed in that game? TWICE. The whole game. Know what Justin Fields' biggest weakness is? Keying and beating the blitz. Venables would be at the very bottom of any list for USC head coach.

Bieniemy is a strong alpha coach, something we haven't had here in a while. He holds the players accountable. He's been a strong influence over Mahomes I'm told. He puts a foot in the a$$ of players who aren't giving 100%. Now, the fact that he hasn't been a head coach is a factor, and it's the reason he's not at the top of my list. But he would be in the top group to interview.

Reactions: Pudly76

JCakus

Aug 29, 2017
I love all these national reporters that don't know **** about USC football chiming in on who USC should hire as our next HC.
Screw them.

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
As a comparison, Meyer was able to recruit and develop players at a lesser college, Utah, as has Fickel at Cincinnati, but EB couldn’t help do that at Colorado.

denali15

Aug 28, 2017
It’s hard to judge EB because he and Mahomes are literally joined at the hip. Is he riding Mahomes coattail or did he legitimately make Mahomes what he is today?
Like when Hackett having Joe Montana at KC, them coming to USC as an offensive genius.

Gr8ythunter

Aug 24, 2017
Lol...if you ask that question, you haven't been paying attention to this world we live in...especially the nature of perceptions in Los Angeles, California.

It was a politcal, racist comment.
It should not matter who or who is not a minority. Should only be about someone's qualifications

Reactions: August West

Latest posts