Another PM Issue Thread

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Hopefully this one won’t get hijacked and end up in Siberia

Question:
Is the reason I keep getting this message:

You may not start a conversation with the following recipients:

A) Because I need to slip someone a couple of bucks? As in, further subscribe?

As far as I know my subscription on USC Scoop was current, but I also took the 1 year for $10 deal here, just because I’m an incredibly generous man with Mindanao Trench Deep Pockets but am also too lazy to check if it actually went through

B) For some reason I’m persona non grata from the PM function?

C) The parties I’m attempting to message are not allowed to receive PM’s. This is actually understandable because between you and me, they are pretty terrible people.

D) They also know I’m a pretty terrible person and have launched a preemptive strike in the form of We Blockin’ You, Fool?

In other words, who do I have to pay to get a drink around this dive.

GLYCERINE

Aug 24, 2017
I’d like to know too…..

If it is true that you cannot send or receive PM unless you have a paid subscription, then I would suggest that should be reconsidered.

MarcKulkin

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021

Question:

As far as I know my subscription on USC Scoop was current, but I also took the 1 year for $10 deal here, just because I’m an incredibly generous man with Mindanao Trench Deep Pockets but am also too lazy to check if it actually went through

C) The parties I’m attempting to message are not allowed to receive PM’s. This is actually understandable because between you and me, they are pretty terrible people.

D) They also know I’m a pretty terrible person and have launched a preemptive strike in the form of We Blockin’ You, Fool?

If it makes you feel any better I have no idea how the PM function works either. :unsure:

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
I have only used the PM function a few times over the last 15+ years. I have no clue how to use this one am to lazy and old to care...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021

Question:

Contact 👉🏼 [email protected]

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Nah, I think my new best friend, Ken Something or whatever explained it.

Can I make a suggestion? Not only because it makes sense, and because it’s the right thing to do, but I also love spending other people’s money. Just ask my former bosses when I was in the corporate world.

Q “ Goddam Michael, how much can one person eat in one dinner setting?”

A ” I don’t know, but if you want I can find out and get back to you” or“ Not sure but probably a lot less than if he was eating a huge breakfast and a 3 Martini lunch every day”

Anyway is the free year for $10 thingy still in existence? If so, disregard. If not, could it be extended for maybe a few weeks to facilitate these cheapskates an opportunity to experience the empowerment of truly belonging to a cool group of swinging hip dudes and dudettes like, ………… I don’t know, Moi?

After that we can just make fun of them

reTiredEngr

Aug 24, 2017
Only subscribers can send or receive PMs. You cannot send a PM to a general user. It's pretty much as simple as that.

I tried before subscribing and did not work. Once I subscribed then it did work. Unfortunately there is no way that I have seen that outlines who is a subscriber and who is general, so you have to wait to submit before knowing.

There you go, helpfully and cordially submitted.
I am a subscriber and I tried to send Erik (and a few others) test PMs but none went through. Erik, you need to subscribe to the board! ;):D

Keen received my test PM a while ago but now I can't reach him either. Technical issues?

TroyInception

Jul 4, 2020
When I try, mine says the pm use is only for “non-passive/aggressive users only”....

I keed, I keed...