Another X-NFL Head Coach to ASU

troypwr

Aug 24, 2017
ASU where former NFL coaches go to relax in the sun, sip mojitos and coach in their spare time. 😆 Kidding aside that's a lot of experience. I wonder how much it will help considering that all coaches have limited time with the players.

Reactions: HRPickenstuff

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
I think the Patterson to assist Sark is the real deal. If Sark does not perform that will be Texas’s next coach!
Fight On!

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018
I think the Patterson to assist Sark is the real deal. If Sark does not perform that will be Texas’s next coach!
Fight On!
That’s what I was thinking. I think Sark is on a short lease

wablty

Aug 24, 2017
ASU where former NFL coaches go to relax in the sun, sip mojitos and coach in their spare time. 😆 Kidding aside that's a lot of experience. I wonder how much it will help considering that all coaches have limited time with the players.
ASU is using old hat coaches to teach younger coaches their job, or that was the original intent. It's as much have years of wisdom for players as it is for the actual position coaches. It's not just Marv, Herm and now Billick. Donnie Henderson is there too. Al Luginbill is hanging out. The AD is a former high profile agent. It's a coaching clinic.

I'm half expecting Dungy or Lovie to show up.

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Brian Billick??? Wow. Why would he want to do this to himself? I guess he has the coaching bug badly.
You have to know how some coaches think. They are a different breed. Lovie Smith went from the Bears to Illinois. Todd Monken went from the NFL to UGA. Herm Edwards. On and on.

It was never about money or anything like that for me. I turned down HS and club jobs and went down to work with some rec leagues instead.

Sometimes you get the urge to coach a certain team for whatever reason because you see something in them and you feel like you can do some great things there.

You have to admit ASU is a team loaded with mostly 3 star guys but they are overachievers. They are salty and play with attitude especially on defense. Last years team was top 2 in Pac 12 total defense I believe.

The NFL team ASU reminds me most of? Baltimore Ravens. Just Ok on offense nasty on defense. So what team did Brian Billick coach? The Baltimore Ravens. Perfect fit.

Reactions: Cacadetoro

Latest posts