Any archery luck so far?

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
What you got so far this year?

Got a doe at the Patuxent Research Refuge next to Fort Meade last week. Was TDY for a week and said screw it, I’m hunting the evenings

DFF1C475-94CA-42B5-809F-6486C79088CD.jpeg

CAE2B30E-B428-493B-9036-625CDCF549A3.jpeg

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
24BB7253-D752-46C6-9EB4-3F7BB9101020.jpeg

#2 doe down (in NC).

Come on hunters, spread the word! Would love to see this board take off so we have somewhere to build our community of likeminded individuals.

Anecdotal story: after I killed my MD doe, I had nowhere to skin and quarter it. Talked to the girl at the check station, who called her brother that lived 5 minutes away. He, TOTAL STRANGER, let me come and use his tripod in his back yard to skin and quarter her. I paid him with the tenderloins and offered him a super cheap place to stay for him and his family if they come to the NC shore (we have a place by the beach). However I left my skinning and gutting knives at his place. He called me a few days later (left him my card) and offered to ship if I paid. No problem. Yesterday I was gutting my doe and realized “wait a minute….. these knives feel extra sharp”. I hit him up and sure as heck he sharpened my knives before he sent them to me. AGAIN, total stranger. But this is what hunters helping hunters should be.

This is what we need to open here. Oh you’re coming to NC for whatever reason? Sure, let me get you connected with somewhere to hunt and all our laws. I’m coming to X state for vacation and want to hunt a day or 2. Anyone out there to help? I’m having an issue with a nocturnal Deer, anyone have good luck addressing that? The questions can go on and on.

Let’s do this!

NS52

Aug 5, 2022
Just purchased a cruzr saddle yesterday im hoping to get after it saturday evening after TN game.

Reactions: Ib3490

bowhuntinghusker

Jun 6, 2022
Cold front starting tonight in Nebraska and hoping to get out in the morning if it doesn't rain. Been a drought here all year but I went and sowed turnips before a couple rains over 8 days and they are taking off so I will have some good food source once the soybeans are cut where I hunt. Excited to get out and hunt finally.

Reactions: 3USC1801 and Ib3490

Bassmaster_Vol

Aug 2, 2022
This is my first year bow hunting. I've got two does already here in GA. But unfortunately, it's not my property, and the owner has cut me off for a while. So looks like I'm grounded until gun season.

But, the Grim Reaper Whitetail specials did work. Complete pass through on both does. Very exciting and meat in the freezer.

Bassmaster_Vol

Aug 2, 2022
View attachment 240194

#2 doe down (in NC).

Come on hunters, spread the word! Would love to see this board take off so we have somewhere to build our community of likeminded individuals.

Anecdotal story: after I killed my MD doe, I had nowhere to skin and quarter it. Talked to the girl at the check station, who called her brother that lived 5 minutes away. He, TOTAL STRANGER, let me come and use his tripod in his back yard to skin and quarter her. I paid him with the tenderloins and offered him a super cheap place to stay for him and his family if they come to the NC shore (we have a place by the beach). However I left my skinning and gutting knives at his place. He called me a few days later (left him my card) and offered to ship if I paid. No problem. Yesterday I was gutting my doe and realized “wait a minute….. these knives feel extra sharp”. I hit him up and sure as heck he sharpened my knives before he sent them to me. AGAIN, total stranger. But this is what hunters helping hunters should be.

This is what we need to open here. Oh you’re coming to NC for whatever reason? Sure, let me get you connected with somewhere to hunt and all our laws. I’m coming to X state for vacation and want to hunt a day or 2. Anyone out there to help? I’m having an issue with a nocturnal Deer, anyone have good luck addressing that? The questions can go on and on.

Let’s do this!
You seem like a good dude. Glad I found this forum.

Reactions: nittanyfan333

A-Rob

Aug 4, 2022
Bow hunting Axis at my brothers house tomorrow am. 30”+ free range coming in. I’ll post pics if I get him. I think I shouldered bladed this deer 2 years ago. If it’s him, it’s revenge time…

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
But, the Grim Reaper Whitetail specials did work. Complete pass through on both does.

I got my first with a G5 montec and my second with the grim reaper whitetail special. Holy crap the exit wound of the grim reaper was insane! Double lung’d her and barely had any blood but she dropped in 30yds. Worked like a champ.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

Bassmaster_Vol

Aug 2, 2022
I got my first with a G5 montec and my second with the grim reaper whitetail special. Holy crap the exit wound of the grim reaper was insane! Double lung’d her and barely had any blood but she dropped in 30yds. Worked like a champ.
Yeah man, it’s nasty. Huge hole and lots of blood for sure

A-Rob

Aug 4, 2022
I’ve been shooting the rage extreme NC’s. Love em

A-Rob

Aug 4, 2022
Miss bowhunting so much! Been thinking of switching to crossbow I have bad shoulders and a surgically repaired wrist that has never been the same.
Do it man. That new Raven is incredible

Reactions: FIFO

Garnet The Goldfish

Aug 23, 2022
Just purchased a cruzr saddle yesterday im hoping to get after it saturday evening after TN game.
How did you like the cruzr? I’ve been shopping around for a saddle. Borrow a buddy’s tethrd and loved it, just not the price.

Reactions: NS52

Trucko

Nov 8, 2022
View attachment 240194

#2 doe down (in NC).

Let’s do this!

Fifo said:
Miss bowhunting so much! Been thinking of switching to crossbow I have bad shoulders and a surgically repaired wrist that has never been the same.
Crossbow hunting is neat! I've been shopping at nearby gun store few weeks ago( was getting myself a new Sig P220 45 ACP https://gritrsports.com/shooting/firearms/pistols/45-acp/ and saw a nice Tenpoint crossbow... Actually thought about buying it for a second :D )
Nice doe! Holy, this dude is so wholesome! We need more people like this around!

CrossVolle

Aug 29, 2022
Chased that cold front in Southern Ohio Tuesday and it was a dud. Headed back Saturday for a few days for this next big front. If that does not get them on their feet then i am just gonna start shooting squirrels with field tips.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Saw some deer on the last day of archery season. Took a shot at a big doe, but my limb/cam hit the tree. Missed the doe and ended my hunt.

CrossVolle

Aug 29, 2022

She just hung around too long to not have a date with her tonight. Let the Mathews eat a little bit.

campblue

Dec 11, 2021
169C8779-FB4B-43EE-9A1A-A43CF7761D7C.jpeg

My better half dropped this one with a rifle… her third buck in 4 years… she’s getting a bow for Christmas and trying that

MyakkaGator

Jan 8, 2022
What bows are everyone shooting?

I'm shooting an Elite and I absolutely love it

Piketownman

Oct 8, 2021
Just found this as thread as well. Love bowhunting! Shoot a Mathews Chill. I’m 66 and due to shoulder/neck issues had to lower poundage to 50 this year. Got my 40th Pa buck November 10. The last 32 were with my bow. Looking forward to some flintlock after Christmas

Rdcnoles

Jul 14, 2022
Not bow, but opening gun in south mississippi

Rdcnoles

The Battles's End Collective Member

The Battle's End enables FSU athletes to maximize the value of their NIL. Click Here to Sign Up

Attachments

• B9619A5F-07F2-48C9-A7D5-6F3D360A58C7.jpeg
    B9619A5F-07F2-48C9-A7D5-6F3D360A58C7.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 6

Huckleberry77

Dec 27, 2022
Live and hunt in Iowa. Harvested an 8 pointer on some Public ground. Arrow deflected off a limb and shot threw his nut sack. Definitely not where I was aiming at 25 yards. Bled to death pretty quickly but a terrible way to go! Killed a couple does during shotgun season. Freezer is good to go for another year!! Good luck and be safe everyone