ASU vs Utah

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
Tied 7 up….must be nice to have Marvin Lewis, Chris C, and the rest of those NFL guys.

For the Utes, they got a bunch of tough coaches too.

Looks like a physical game, ASU leaving their corners to man up.

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
You would think with that coaching staff they would be chasing National championships. I know they are going to give us a big problem!
Fight On!

Reactions: Tamatoa916

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
ASU looks good. They don’t have all the pieces to make a run yet, but you can see they have guys being coached up.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
I dunno bout that but I’ll agree that Utah won. Hey, I coached that dline coach in high school. The Utes love um. I’ve got lots of family that played there… ASU…there are some glaring holes, a bit like our team they don’t have the ability to stop the run consistently that 34 was just baaad.

Huge game for the Utes.
If Whittingham could get players like USC is able to, he'd likely win on a big scale. But it's Utah and they'll never get enough elite ballers. And without enough elite talent, you have a ceiling like Utah has - 10-2, 9-3.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
If Whittingham could get players like USC is able to, he'd likely win on a big scale. But it's Utah and they'll never get enough elite ballers. And without enough elite talent, you have a ceiling like Utah has - 10-2, 9-3.
Not enough for sure and I don't think you said, or meant, that KWs had "none".

We'll agree KW is a terrific coach who's gotten a lot out his players, but the story line that he's never had any talent isn't really true.

Well, maybe compared to some others (like USC) he's had fewer future pros, but Willingham has had quite a few, including some really good ones. If wiki is correct, then since KW took the reins in 2004, 51 Utes have made NFL rosters, including 3 Pro Bowl guys: Smith, Weddle & Beadles.

This compares to 100 Trojan draft picks over the same period, including 1 supplemental pick

TrojanMoondoggie

Aug 24, 2017
God in heaven this conference blows chunks.
Following the PC era and the addition of Utah and Colorado, it seemed that the South would be USC's to lose every year.
But parity has really become the name of the game in this conference.
I know *** is the one who started getting UU on the map, but who would have thought that the UU would be mentioned in the same breath as USC when it comes to football. And they've had as much success as USC has had in recent years, division-wise.
While no one likes to see sanctions mentioned anymore, and we certainly haven't been under the cloud of that for some time, I still think the residue lingers. Why else would USC have the likes of CCH for all these years.
Of course the scandals at USC that transcended the athletic realm didn't help in that matter either. Scandals that have only served to perpetuate the negative impressions that so many already had of USC anyway.
Leadership at USC needs to get its act together. Once and for all.
I hope we are on the cusp of seeing that happen in the near future.

Last edited:

BESCFAN

Aug 24, 2017
It will be years before the Pac-12 is ever relevant again, if ever. Just look at their recent ads. Their priorities have everything to do with promoting LBGTQ, social justice, environmental responsibility, etc. This is their chosen narrative. They don’t give a crap about winning football championships. WOKE as hell and SOFT as hell. It is now a culture thing that will be difficult to overcome as there will be tremendous pressure to tow this line. Having a WOKE clown like Folt in charge will not help SC.

Reactions: JCakus

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
It is a NoW culture where frustrated SC fans want to win now. Donte took over this crap now going on his 5th week and fans are criticizing that we are not competing for a national championship. It makes this coaching hire more difficult, because the fan base expectation is win now! The real pressure will be on Bohn to make the home run hire because he is not going to get do overs like he did at Colorado!
Fight On!

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
God in heaven this conference blows chunks.

Truth.

Much thanks to Tennis Larry and the NCAA's criminally intentional dismantling of USC under false pretenses, with the able assistance and malfeasance of our ADs, Admins and coaches.

IMO, Max & Haden deserve special mention. I loved PH as a C&G player, but as our AD he was pitifully woeful. Max just didn't care about football, except as just another vehicle to raise $$$$.

Reactions: JCakus

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
Agree …. My point isn’t discounting Utah. I think a lot of ASU as well. Those guys are some big names at ASU, and not sure hype is a fair description. Herm and his team just aren’t that. They are a decent team with a loaded staff. They are calling plays, kids right there and misses horribly.
The guys that make it to the league out of Utah mostly aren’t highly rated out of high school like our roster. KW even echoed that USC is hands down the most talented team in the Pac. Our coaches ….we all know how that has gone lol. 😂

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Wasn’t this the same team/staff that blew a 2 td lead in less than 3 min to go? How’s this shocking to anyone that they folded again in the second half?

Reactions: J4SC75 and JCakus

Latest posts