Besides the Obvious Bubbas/Plays from Wazzu (Jaxson, The 2 Drakes, GB), the two players/plays that standout to me

Ride Fly

Aug 24, 2017
There were a lot of great plays by many Trojans at WSU - besides the obvious bubba, the catches by Manjack, Epps, JJ3, GB, etc. or the plays on the defense. But the two that stood out to me and gives me excitement for their future on the team, were the Calen Bullock interception, and the Kyle Ford TD.

With Calen’s INT, he came over from his side of the field, at an angle, and then turned the long way around to get in position in front of the WR, as if he was running stride for stride with him the entire play.

With Kyle‘ TD, I was impressed with how he saw that the ball was going to be inside of the CB and he made a great move to cut inside, at full speed. That was a tough grab, like the many Drake London is used to making.

Peete2Affholter

Aug 24, 2017
Yes, Bullock seems like a real natural. Another in a great line of Trojan DBs. I predict we will see him on Sundays.

With Ford, heck, he looks bigger and stronger than most tight ends.

That WSU game was probably the most fun I've had watching USC football since perhaps the 2011 beat down of UCLA 50-0. Sure, the Rose Bowl over Penn State was fun, but it was too stressful much of the time to be truly enjoyable.

What really stood out to me in the game was Dart spreading the ball around a lot. Lots of guys got touches and targets. With Slovis (and Daniels before him) thy both seemed to lock onto one and only one receiver much of the time.

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
I dunno, it still felt like a good chunk of our offense was, chuck it up and let Drake London go bring it down.
Gary Bryant Jr had 2 touchdown receptions, Kyle Ford had a long TD as well, Washington had a few, Manjack had at least 1....at least 2 TEs got receptions...

London had 13 catches out of about 30+ team total....Id say thats spreading it around...

AMLTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Gary Bryant Jr had 2 touchdown receptions, Kyle Ford had a long TD as well, Washington had a few, Manjack had at least 1....at least 2 TEs got receptions...

London had 13 catches out of about 30+ team total....Id say thats spreading it around...
And how many of those were after London got knocked out? At a minimum, Ford's TD. In any case, 13 out of 30+ certainly qualifies as "a good chunk".

Look, Fink got by Utah the same way, chucking it up to Pittman. You take what the defense gives you, and if they are going to play man on a Pittman or London, that's free money for the taking.

OTOH we saw what UDub did the following week, suffocating Fink with more complicated zone schemes, and the offense imploded. I am not worried about OSU but some other teams on our schedule can do that to us. Recall Slovis struggling against BYU dropping 8.

CrownoftheValley

Aug 24, 2017

London had 13 catches out of about 30+ team total....Id say that's spreading it around...
Bryant's second TD was scored as a 3 yard run, the throw was slightly backwards.
BTW... I loved that play

JCakus

Aug 29, 2017
It’s almost like….we should be running more misdirection, more players in motion, and more creative play calls. You paying attention, Harrell?!
Yep, a jet sweep or hell, even a reverse every once in a while would open up the offense even more.

Reactions: BigTrojan79

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Bryant's second TD was scored as a 3 yard run, the throw was slightly backwards.
BTW... I loved that play
I can’t remember which board I posted it on last season, but that play was called by Steve Sarkisian at least twice last year. I’m not sure if Sark designed it, or if Harrell got it from him, but that play was definitely in Sark’s playbook last year.

Reactions: BigTrojan79

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I can’t remember which board I posted it on last season, but that play was called by Steve Sarkisian at least twice last year. I’m not sure if Sark designed it, or if Harrell got it from him, but that play was definitely in Sark’s playbook last year.
I’ve seen many teams run that or a very similar play, depending on coverage I’ve seen TEs even run it when covered by a lb…

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
And how many of those were after London got knocked out? At a minimum, Ford's TD. In any case, 13 out of 30+ certainly qualifies as "a good chunk".

Look, Fink got by Utah the same way, chucking it up to Pittman. You take what the defense gives you, and if they are going to play man on a Pittman or London, that's free money for the taking.

OTOH we saw what UDub did the following week, suffocating Fink with more complicated zone schemes, and the offense imploded. I am not worried about OSU but some other teams on our schedule can do that to us. Recall Slovis struggling against BYU dropping 8.
In that fuskie game, Fink made some bad throws. He had London vs a 5’10” corner several times and didn’t put the ball up in Drake’s zone. In fact on one of those plays he hit the defender in the back of his helmet.

sc69er

Aug 31, 2021

A lot of the 30+ catchs occured after London was knocked out of the game.

qqqqqqqman

Aug 24, 2017
I dunno, it still felt like a good chunk of our offense was, chuck it up and let Drake London go bring it down.

Like it, or not, London has the great advantage,…he’s 6’5”, long arms, jumps well…..why WOULDN’T you chuck it up his way? As long as it’s working, go to it often, especially if the other WRs just can’t get free….which happens a lot.

Sometimes, trying overly hard to spread it around just helps the defense. They can’t guard this guy consistently. Dart kept it up high and London went and got it….all day.

Not only that, London is all gangly and hard to grab. His spins and gangly body usually get YAC yards on top 😎

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Like it, or not, London has the great advantage,…he’s 6’5”, long arms, jumps well…..why WOULDN’T you chuck it up his way? As long as it’s working, go to it often, especially if the other WRs just can’t get free….which happens a lot.

Sometimes, trying overly hard to spread it around just helps the defense. They can’t guard this guy consistently. Dart kept it up high and London went and got it….all day.

Not only that, London is all gangly and hard to grab. His spins and gangly body usually get YAC yards on top 😎

I like to think of London as our “running game”, get it to him until they figure out how to stop it. Usually they’ll roll coverage his way, freeing up someone on the other side or up a seam.

Reactions: qqqqqqqman

Latest posts