Bru McCoy

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Now would be a good time for Donte to reinstate McCoy back on the team unless he has information that the public doesn’t already know.
Is it his choice? McCoy is a student first. Have Folt, Winston Crisp or Catherine Spear cleared the way for his return to campus? If they have and he's back on campus going to classes, you might have a point.

ASECONDCHANCE

Aug 24, 2017
Well I know Cristobal recently reinstated 2 players on his team and I believe the Miami Coach reinstated a player for the exact charges that Bru faced but the local DA did not press charges for the same reason that Bru was not charged.

old scotty

Aug 24, 2017
Well I know Cristobal recently reinstated 2 players on his team and I believe the Miami Coach reinstated a player for the exact charges that Bru faced but the local DA did not press charges for the same reason that Bru was not charged.
that doesn't mean anything at USC...it would be a shock if he were in uniform at USC this year....if ever

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Now would be a good time for Donte to reinstate McCoy back on the team unless he has information that the public doesn’t already know.
I’m over that guy talk about wasted talent. Dude plays too many head games. First is was Kliff Kingsbury lied to me I’m taking my talents to Texas. Then I’m home sick I’m going back home via the TP and screws Texas. Then I just recovered from a mysterious illness and missed a year let me get into a argument with my GF and force the administrators to make a tough call on me. Maybe he should go to a JUCO and grow up. Perhaps the Orange Coast College Pirates can teach him something.

I would back D Williams if he has the attitude that playing on his team is a privilege and he won’t tolerate any nonsense. Clay Helton allowed himself to be manipulated by the players. He wouldn’t bench starters, he wouldn’t punish bad behavior. This teams lacks discipline at a result.

Last edited:

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Hill and James were charged with two counts of recklessly endangering, two counts of disorderly conduct, and unlawful discharge of a firearm because they fired plastic BB's with an airsoft gun. They were supposed to have faced a courtroom on Sept 8th but magically, they were reinstated by Cristobal on the 6th so they could be on the roster for the ohio state game. I didn't read anywhere that they were suspended by the school, just from the team and Cristobal said he "cleared" the reinstatement with the administration.

Williams was charged with 3 counts of aggravated battery of a pregnant woman. The case was closed when the victim recanted some parts of her story. That's not the same exact issue as with McCoy. Insufficient evidence can mean different things. Recanting is recanting and it gives the DA NO choice but to walk away. Plus, Williams is back on the team but he is being held out of the first 6 games. He also has to clear several benchmarks -- described by the school as covering the areas "of education, mentorship, and personal development" before he can play.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Didn’t Scott have some information on this? I thought Scott said something about video of Bru’s incident, and that was why the DA didn’t prosecute….

Vgladiator07

Sep 9, 2019
Hill and James were charged with two counts of recklessly endangering, two counts of disorderly conduct, and unlawful discharge of a firearm because they fired plastic BB's with an airsoft gun. They were supposed to have faced a courtroom on Sept 8th but magically, they were reinstated by Cristobal on the 6th so they could be on the roster for the ohio state game. I didn't read anywhere that they were suspended by the school, just from the team and Cristobal said he "cleared" the reinstatement with the administration.

Williams was charged with 3 counts of aggravated battery of a pregnant woman. The case was closed when the victim recanted some parts of her story. That's not the same exact issue as with McCoy. Insufficient evidence can mean different things. Recanting is recanting and it gives the DA NO choice but to walk away. Plus, Williams is back on the team but he is being held out of the first 6 games. He also has to clear several benchmarks -- described by the school as covering the areas "of education, mentorship, and personal development" before he can play.

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018
No male student at SC has ever been reinstated after Title IX office got involved. A judge blasted that office for being unfair. Can’t recall if he said SC had to over rule that office & let accused student back on campus .
I wouldn’t be surprise if they get sued someday.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
No male student at SC has ever been reinstated after Title IX office got involved. A judge blasted that office for being unfair. Can’t recall if he said SC had to over rule that office & let accused student back on campus .
They were told to rehear the cases…

Trojack

Aug 24, 2017

The only thing the judge ruled was that they had to afford the accused the right to confront his accuser as part of the discovery process. He never said the school had to reinstate anyone. They still have the final say.

Bigtrojaned

Aug 24, 2017
They were told to rehear the cases…

But by this time it is too late. They will let this play out like the others. Someone is going to sue and it will be because of due process.

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
No one wants a player to unfairly languish in bureaucracy if they're truly innocent, nor should anyone want a new coach to "magically" reinstate an accused player just to welcome in his first game. Silly.

Whatever process needs to happen (for any player) should happen, regardless of who's coaching.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Miami and Oregon are not USC … and vice versa, thankfully.

I know zip about McCoy’s true situation but this in not fair that it takes any student’s day in kangaroo court administratively delayed. Innocence or guilt must be promptly determined and mere accusation is not enough to apply penalty. So far Bru is being punished on the strength of accusation alone.

Bogey Bud

Sep 3, 2021
I’m over that guy talk about wasted talent. Dude plays to many head games. Kliff Kingsbury lied to me I’m Taking my talents to Texas. I’m home sick I’m going back home via TP. I just recovered from a mysterious illness and missed a year let me get into a argument with my GF and force the administrators to make a call on me. Maybe he should go to a Juco and grow up. Perhaps the Orange Coast College Pirates can teach him something.

I would back D Williams if he has the attitude that playing on his team was a privilege and he won’t tolerate any nonsense. Clay Helton allowed himself to be manipulated by the players. He wouldn’t bench starters, he wouldn’t punish bad behavior. This teams lacks discipline at a result.
Thank you! Bru is an awesome football player and I was really looking for him to be outstanding this year - but WAY to many red flags with this guy. Blame is on "wokeness" (the new favorite right wing boogie man), but if you had a daughter and a man put his hands on her I think you'd feel differently. Bru is his own worst enemy.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Thank you! Bru is an awesome football player and I was really looking for him to be outstanding this year - but WAY to many red flags with this guy. Blame is on "wokeness" (the new favorite right wing boogie man), but if you had a daughter and a man put his hands on her I think you'd feel differently. Bru is his own worst enemy.
Again, Scott has previously said that there is video evidence exonerating him and that is why the case was dismissed so quickly by the DA. So cool your heels.

B1GTROJAN

Sep 7, 2021
I’m over that guy talk about wasted talent. Dude plays too many head games. First is was Kliff Kingsbury lied to me I’m taking my talents to Texas. Then I’m home sick I’m going back home via the TP and screws Texas. Then I just recovered from a mysterious illness and missed a year let me get into a argument with my GF and force the administrators to make a tough call on me. Maybe he should go to a JUCO and grow up. Perhaps the Orange Coast College Pirates can teach him something.

I would back D Williams if he has the attitude that playing on his team is a privilege and he won’t tolerate any nonsense. Clay Helton allowed himself to be manipulated by the players. He wouldn’t bench starters, he wouldn’t punish bad behavior. This teams lacks discipline at a result.

There’s a bright side to everything Bc we could add a Bru Mckoy to the USC football roster for a THIRD TIME. 💀💀

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
Curious who will win the record of on again/off again from the roster/commit list between Bru, Daniel Imator and Patrick Hall... (Yay! they're back, wait, maybe not, this is bad, oh wait, they're back...maybe).

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
Slovis/Harrell will find a way to only give Bru 2 targets a game
The whole point of the AirRaid was there was supposed to be "No Targets". The "Simplicity" of the offense suggested the correct option would present itself...quickly - hence, no "targeting".

Targeting is what's gotten Slovis in trouble already, locking onto London and not truly reading what the defense is giving...but I get your point on skepticism over Harrell, still not seeing whatever anyone ever saw in him.

Last edited:

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
Title IX. The very name reverberates lack of fairness.
No offense Rod, but spoken like a typical male. For all its abuses, there was needed change to try and boost the college sports environment for our young ladies. Without taking action and at least trying, positive change will never happen and the status quo will be preserved. Sure, there are better ways to enforce/govern it and there are abuses, but there were abuses/atrocities/injustices happening to women for forever.

TrojanTW

Apr 5, 2018
No offense Rod, but spoken like a typical male. For all its abuses, there was needed change to try and boost the college sports environment for our young ladies. Without taking action and at least trying, positive change will never happen and the status quo will be preserved. Sure, there are better ways to enforce/govern it and there are abuses, but there were abuses/atrocities/injustices happening to women for forever.
I don't think anyone believes Title IX isn't necessary and action and changes definitely need to happen. However, the way Title IX is administered at SC, is more often than not, a miscarriage of justice.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Rod and I have gone back and forth on this issue. I respect him as a poster and I know neither of us takes the discussion personally. I do agree with you that at the time, it was needed. The original opposition to it was based on the notion that girls weren't really that interested in sports or at least not as much as boys. Obviously, that wasn't true nor could it be accurately gauged when women weren't experiencing the same access.

In certain regards, there are still some areas that need support. What should have been put in place, and never was, were benchmarks, goals, measurements to determine it's effectiveness, identify unintended consequences, and a process to either update or end the program. From a long view, there has been success. But how much? Where or why did it not meet the needs in some communities?

Still, the original law was misinterpreted by most to be applicable to sports-only. It was meant to be a sex-based anti-discrimination law, for educational programs or entities that received federal funds. Perhaps the Tower Amendment would have been a better option. Instead, Obama introduced the Dear Colleague letter issued by the OCR, which directed colleges how to adjudicate sexual assault allegations. Specifically, "to use the lowest possible standard of proof, a preponderance of evidence, in sexual assault cases (though not in less serious matters such as cheating and noise violations). The letter required universities to allow accusers to appeal not-guilty findings, a form of double jeopardy. It further told schools to accelerate their adjudications, with a recommended 60-day limit. And, perhaps most important, OCR strongly discouraged cross-examination of accusers, given the procedures that most universities employed."

And now of course, it has been mutilated in to a gender-based law wherein, women participating as women, are now being discriminated against, lol. Title IX should never have put legal process authority in the hands of Title IX offices. IF they are to have that authority, they MUST adhere to the strictest standards of accused victim representation. They do not, and it is an affront to our basic legal standards in this country. And now, as a result, everyone hates Title IX in general, and women often get the backlash for that.

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
Rod and I have gone back and forth on this issue. I respect him as a poster and I know neither of us takes the discussion personally. I do agree with you that at the time, it was needed. The original opposition to it was based on the notion that girls weren't really that interested in sports or at least not as much as boys. Obviously, that wasn't true nor could it be accurately gauged when women weren't experiencing the same access.

In certain regards, there are still some areas that need support. What should have been put in place, and never was, were benchmarks, goals, measurements to determine it's effectiveness, identify unintended consequences, and a process to either update or end the program. From a long view, there has been success. But how much? Where or why did it not meet the needs in some communities?

Still, the original law was misinterpreted by most to be applicable to sports-only. It was meant to be a sex-based anti-discrimination law, for educational programs or entities that received federal funds. Perhaps the Tower Amendment would have been a better option. Instead, Obama introduced the Dear Colleague letter issued by the OCR, which directed colleges how to adjudicate sexual assault allegations. Specifically, "to use the lowest possible standard of proof, a preponderance of evidence, in sexual assault cases (though not in less serious matters such as cheating and noise violations). The letter required universities to allow accusers to appeal not-guilty findings, a form of double jeopardy. It further told schools to accelerate their adjudications, with a recommended 60-day limit. And, perhaps most important, OCR strongly discouraged cross-examination of accusers, given the procedures that most universities employed."

And now of course, it has been mutilated in to a gender-based law wherein, women participating as women, are now being discriminated against, lol. Title IX should never have put legal process authority in the hands of Title IX offices. IF they are to have that authority, they MUST adhere to the strictest standards of accused victim representation. They do not, and it is an affront to our basic legal standards in this country. And now, as a result, everyone hates Title IX in general, and women often get the backlash for that.
Completely agree and my hope is that these findings of how Title IX is going will be morphed into a better version w/ all you mention. I have no information that it will and most cynics would assume it won't, but I see no reason schools would want to perpetuate injustices just because. How does a school benefit from railroading male athletes, even if they are libs? It doesn't help their school's perception, doesn't help their bottom line.

Who governs it needs to change. Any bureaucracy allowed to govern itself will always abuse to preserve its existence. Much like rape in the military had to be moved into the civilian sector to truly attain justice, this should also. But I don't regret Title IX's creation or intent. My hope is in time, we will look back and see even though it had a painful infancy, it eventually pushed us into a better place.

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
Completely agree and my hope is that these findings of how Title IX is going will be morphed into a better version w/ all you mention. I have no information that it will and most cynics would assume it won't, but I see no reason schools would want to perpetuate injustices just because. How does a school benefit from railroading male athletes, even if they are libs? It doesn't help their school's perception, doesn't help their bottom line.

Who governs it needs to change. Any bureaucracy allowed to govern itself will always abuse to preserve its existence. Much like rape in the military had to be moved into the civilian sector to truly attain justice, this should also. But I don't regret Title IX's creation or intent. My hope is in time, we will look back and see even though it had a painful infancy, it eventually pushed us into a better place.
That’s fair, IMO.

Reactions: nvargas

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017

Very thoughtful post thanks, nvargas.

Reactions: nvargas

Latest posts