Caleb Douglas Decommits from USC

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
“Payday” is taking his talents elsewhere? Oh, no!

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
One thing I don't get about this board is why some posters want to disparage a kid when he de-commits. He didn't say anything bad about USC, he just said that he will be opening up his recruitment. Especially in this instance when we have a big-name coach coming in, lots of kids de-committing from other schools because of renewed interest in us..and the quite likely scenario that someone on our coaching staff told him that it may be best for him to re-open his recruitment. Let's accept the kid's decision, wish him well...and move on.

We've hit the reset button. We have a big-time coach coming in. Let's act like a big-time fanbase!

SCnAZ

Aug 24, 2017
One thing I don't get about this board is why some posters want to disparage a kid when he de-commits. He didn't say anything bad about USC, he just said that he will be opening up his recruitment. Especially in this instance when we have a big-name coach coming in, lots of kids de-committing from other schools because of renewed interest in us..and the quite likely scenario that someone on our coaching staff told him that it may be best for him to re-open his recruitment. Let's accept the kid's decision, wish him well...and move on.

We've hit the reset button. We have a big-time coach coming in. Let's act like a big-time fanbase!
A big time fan base does whatever it wants and those who don’t see that are blinded by the light. Let fans be fans, will you

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
A big time fan base does whatever it wants and those who don’t see that are blinded by the light. Let fans be fans, will you
And fans within that fanbase can call out those fans when they are being childish, vindictive and embarrassing the rest of the board. But you just go right on ahead...

EDIT: SCinAZ...were you being sarcastic and, actually, agreeing with me? If that's the case, I apologize.

Last edited:

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017

Get off your high horse. I didn’t disparage him. I indicated that I don’t give a shat that he left. And I don’t. Do you?

Sincerely, I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he finds someplace more fitting for him. USC today clearly isn’t that place. Either he saw it, our new coaches saw it, or they both saw it together.

In any case, it’s a win-win to not have our roster cluttered with kids who will not be contributors here; better for us and better for him … assuming he wants to actually play.

Reactions: jaycee993

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
Get off your high horse. I didn’t disparage him. I indicated that I don’t give a shat that he left. And I don’t. Do you?

Sincerely, I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he finds someplace more fitting for him. USC today clearly isn’t that place. Either he saw it, our new coaches saw it, or they both saw it together.

In any case, it’s a win-win to not have our roster cluttered with kids who will not be contributors here; better for us and better for him … assuming he wants to actually play.
What's it to you to say that? What's in it for you? Why couldn't you say good luck and let it go like that?

And speaking of high horses...for the last 10 years we've been in the mud! Not only were we knocked off our high horse..they took our horse and dragged it to the glue factory! Acting so dismissive to recruits is a little much, don't you think?

And..I'm going to continue to speak out against disparaging de-commits because it's embarrassing.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
What's it to you to say that? What's in it for you? Why couldn't you say good luck and let it go like that?

And speaking of high horses...for the last 10 years we've been in the mud! Not only were we knocked off our high horse..they took our horse and dragged it to the glue factory! Acting so dismissive to recruits is a little much, don't you think?

And..I'm going to continue to speak out against disparaging de-commits because it's embarrassing.

I don’t care what you post, so why do you continue to misconstrue or care about what I post?

You keep saying I disparaged him. That’s utterly false and intellectually dishonest. I indicated that I do not care that he decommitted, nothing more. If you want to read more into it, then that’s on you not me.

I happen to take his de-commitment as a very positive sign that our new coaching staff is deadly serious about rebuilding our roster into “Championship caliber” in a way that will benefit our team and our university for the long term. That excites me to no end.

Reactions: 954

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
I don’t care what you post, so why do you continue to misconstrue or care about what I post?

You keep saying I disparaged him. That’s utterly false and intellectually dishonest. I indicated that I do not care that he decommitted, nothing more. If you want to read more into it, then that’s on you not me.

I happen to take his de-commitment as a very positive sign that our new coaching staff is deadly serious about rebuilding our roster into “Championship caliber” in a way that will benefit our team and our university for the long term. That excites me to no end.
Sorry, to inject here. But if you didn't care you wouldn't have made a thread.

:p

Reactions: Trojanopolis

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Sorry, to inject here. But if you didn't care you wouldn't have made a thread.

:p

“I do not ‘mind’”, then. And, again, I don’t care/mind that he is not a part of this class.

And, purely as a point of order, I didn’t make this thread. I merely shared my own opinion about his leaving (or being asked to leave).

If others feel differently about where “Payday” hangs his jockstrap next year, good for them.

And don’t tell me you’re “sorry to inject”, when you clearly are not sorry to inject.

Reactions: jaycee993

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
Players do what’s best for their own interest first! He saw the writing on wall, best of luck to him. Better to make a change of course now then later!
Fight On!

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
“I do not ‘mind’”, then. And, again, I don’t care/mind that he is not a part of this class.

And, purely as a point of order, I didn’t make this thread. I merely shared my own opinion about his leaving (or being asked to leave).

If others feel differently about where “Payday” hangs his jockstrap next year, good for them.

And don’t tell me you’re “sorry to inject”, when you clearly are not sorry to inject.
No, I really I'm sorry don't get mad lol

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Im sure a lot of the 3 stars will “decommit”.
The writing is on the wall. No room for 3 stars
Rankings aren't always accurate. Some kids may not have been to a big camp or are given a crappy evaluation. A 3* with athleticism and speed can be coached. Clearly the coaching staff can choose to move on but all 3*'s are not the same.

Jordan Davis was a 3*.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Im sure a lot of the 3 stars will “decommit”.
The writing is on the wall. No room for 3 stars
All teams have their 3 stars, including Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, etc. You gotta have depth, and most 4 and 5 star recruits don’t want to ride the bench on the depth chart. And in the age of the Transfer Portal, many don’t feel they need to.

We will need 3 star recruits, though one decommiting isn’t earth shattering.

Either way, I wish him well.

Reactions: Troy Dad 2016

cigar95

Aug 24, 2017
And fans within that fanbase can call out those fans when they are being childish, vindictive and embarrassing the rest of the board. But you just go right on ahead...
During the press conference yesterday Prez Carol called the USC fans the "greatest in America" - paraphrasing, as I may not recall the quote precisely. But I had to really laugh at that point.

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017

Yup. USC was a dream school for a lot of these kids that are going to be pushed out of this recruiting class. Is it too difficult to ask ourselves not to be ******** towards teenagers?

Do some of y'all think these kids decommiting are happy being told they no longer have a spot at the best football program out west? This is great for us fans, but this absolutely sucks for them.

The same energy we give when kids decommit should match the energy we give when they commit.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017

EDIT: SCinAZ...were you being sarcastic and, actually, agreeing with me? If that's the case, I apologize.

You’re mighty full of yourself, you know that?

Anyone who knows anything about my posting habits, knows that I am fully aligned with every positive sentiment you just expressed.

I don’t attack coaches, I don’t attack players, I don’t usually attack member-posters (except bullies) and I normally conduct myself civilly in every regard. I just don’t think we have room for Payday, or that we’ll miss him in any way and I only tried to express that in a humorous way. Some got it. You didn’t

I even went to reasonable lengths to clarify my true meaning, but instead of acknowledging that, now you post this “holier than thou” crap and come on to me like you're some kind of wacko parental figure, calling me “childish”, “vindictive“ and “embarrassing” for posting something I never posted in the first place. You’ve clearly got a serious reading comprehension problem and assume some sort of gravitas you simply don’t have.

On top of that you’re a freakin’ hypocrite. You don’t personally approve of what another member-poster says, so you call them out and start name-calling them? Now there’s a mature behavior. LMFAO.

If you are so easily embarrassed by things you don’t understand and so easily misinterpret, perhaps an Internet message board is not the best place for you?

If you want to disagree with my opinions, go right ahead. I really don’t mind at all. After all that’s one of the underlying purposes of a message board; for people to post divergent opinions on topics of mutual interest. But your tone, tenor and methodology leave a lot to be desired.

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
You’re mighty full of yourself, you know that?

Anyone who knows anything about my posting habits, knows that I am fully aligned with every positive sentiment you just expressed.

I don’t attack coaches, I don’t attack players, I don’t usually attack member-posters (except bullies) and I normally conduct myself civilly in every regard. I just don’t think we have room for Payday, or that we’ll miss him in any way and I only tried to express that in a humorous way. Some got it. You didn’t

I even went to reasonable lengths to clarify my true meaning, but instead of acknowledging that, now you post this “holier than thou” crap and come on to me like you're some kind of wacko parental figure, calling me “childish”, “vindictive“ and “embarrassing” for posting something I never posted in the first place. You’ve clearly got a serious reading comprehension problem and assume some sort of gravitas you simply don’t have.

On top of that you’re a freakin’ hypocrite. You don’t personally approve of what another member-poster says, so you call them out and start name-calling them? Now there’s a mature behavior. LMFAO.

If you are so easily embarrassed by things you don’t understand and so easily misinterpret, perhaps an Internet message board is not the best place for you?

If you want to disagree with my opinions, go right ahead. I really don’t mind at all. After all that’s one of the underlying purposes of a message board; for people to post divergent opinions on topics of mutual interest. But your tone, tenor and methodology leave a lot to be desired.
Well, there was a thread about another recruit de-committing. It was posted later than this thread. And you know what? The responses were respectful and indicative of people who don't want to dunk on a 17 or 18 year old who hasn't said bad things about USC but just opened up their recruitment.

I think I made my point. You can go pound sand.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4heisman

SCKevin

Aug 24, 2017
Frankly I don’t understand the logic of a recruit de-committing as a result of Riley’s hiring. Once Helton was fired what were they waiting for? Were they hoping Williams would get the job?

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
Frankly I don’t understand the logic of a recruit de-committing as a result of Riley’s hiring. Once Helton was fired what were they waiting for? Were they hoping Williams would get the job?
To be honest, I would bet my bottom dollar that the incoming coaches told him to look elsewhere. That's the only thing that makes sense.

SCKevin

Aug 24, 2017
Well, there was a thread about another recruit de-committing. It was posted later than this thread. And you know what? The responses were respectful and indicative of people who don't want to dunk on a 17 or 18 year old who hasn't said bad things about USC but just opened up their recruitment.

I don’t get the offense taken. I have no idea who either of you are, and have no skin in the game. All I saw was a GIF with “Oh no!” beneath. It doesn’t seem particularly disparaging to me. Life is way too short to be hung up on things with such trivial impact.

Reactions: Helen of Troy

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I’m thinking it’s because they wanted to see who the new HC was, and if they thought they would fit into their system. There might not have been any benefit timing wise to decommitting immediately when Helton was fired.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017

Noobie internet tough guy, huh? Oh, no. :eek: Geez, we've never seen one of those blow into town before.

"Go Pound sand"??? :ROFLMAO: It's pretty noticeable how you quickly dropped any pretense at civility there, bruddah. Much more in keeping with your name-calling "schtick", though. Behind its stink, a skunk always shows its true stripes. Congrats.

Hey, I was perfectly "respectful" toward Douglas (and to you, by the way); just jovial and light-hearted about voicing my opinion - being in a truly excellent mood as I still am. But hey, Grumpy, it's not my problem that you have a broomstick up your ahss and possess no sense of humor.

Seriously, you may want consider slowing your condescending and overbearing roll. Yours is not an act that usually plays well on an iNets message board. For sure, I'm not impressed.

We're done. It's much easier to just add hypocritical people like you to the "mute list".

K-Bye.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
I don’t get the offense taken. I have no idea who either of you are, and have no skin in the game. All I saw was a GIF with “Oh no!” beneath. It doesn’t seem particularly disparaging to me. Life is way too short to be hung up on things with such trivial impact.

He's a noob ahsshat trying to gain street cred with a phony tough guy act. Phuque 'im. He's dead to me.

Reactions: 954

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
All teams have their 3 stars, including Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, etc. You gotta have depth, and most 4 and 5 star recruits don’t want to ride the bench on the depth chart. And in the age of the Transfer Portal, many don’t feel they need to.

We will need 3 star recruits, though one decommiting isn’t earth shattering.

Either way, I wish him well.

And so do I, but you're right it isn't earth shattering. Fairly common, actually. New coach, new vision, new roster wants. Done deal.

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
Firstly, my original post wasn't directly a response to the poster, it was a general statement about the negative attitude towards the recruit that de-committed and how that was unnecessary/not a good look for the board.

The poster decided to answer and I re-affirmed my position. And his particular post was implying fake shock..like we wouldn't care about a kid nicknamed "Pay Day" when the probable facts are that the kid was told to de-commit and look elsewhere. And the sudden turning on the kid was very distasteful too.

If you don't think that's disparaging..whatever...but many people agreed with me and I noticed that the following thread about a USC de-commit was very respectful and positive.

I care very much how this board is viewed, by the fanbase and those visiting the board. I don't think there is any place to disparage 17 or 18 year olds, particularly when they haven't said anything negative about USC. We should be above that now...and also remember that those kids committed when we were a cr*p team. It's always a good look to wish them well and let them go on their way.

Last edited:

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
He's a noob ahsshat trying to gain street cred with a phony tough guy act. Phuque 'im. He's dead to me.
Oh boy, aren't you an angry little child. Maybe you should go find more stupid memes to post..you know..to make you feel less inadequate...if that's possible.

Last edited: