CDW Thursday Media Call

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
Awesome and no script, very real. He addressed almost everything the board has been griping about, figuring out the red zone and giving up 4 points, field position with special teams, player discipline, player development and he has only been on the job for 3 days. Someone asked if assistants need to get notified of their shortcomings, and I think he said that in this interview. No need to expand on their shortcomings as they already know it, fix it or.........
That is what I am looking to see, what is going to be the consequences. Under Helton there were no consequences. Hopefully we will see change in that area! And yes that is the life of a premier college head coach, he needs to just sleep in his new office. I am sure Bohn will gladly buy him a nice comfortable cot! Just love his non emotional firm no nonsense demeanor, it is all business, but respectful business. And he is not sacrificing time for recruiting.
Fight On Donte!

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Good to hear words coming out a coaches mouth that doesn't sound like it's coming from a 50 year old greeter working at Disneyland, with every answer. No longer, do we have to hear the same rehashed lines, after every game.

Real, detailed and to the point. Good luck coach.

Reactions: AZUSCfan

Gilesmiles

Aug 24, 2017
He needs some serious coaching on how to give interviews. Tessalone needs to tell him not to say things like “I am not a morning person” or “being in the offensive meetings feels like football 101 to me because I am learning everything from square one” etc
Also someone needs to tell him that his new LB assistant coach’s last name is Huchings not Hutchinson, which is what he keeps calling him

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

MongoSlade

Aug 24, 2017
Lol. I noticed he was a little rough around the edges and was just counting down until someone started picking him apart. Sure hope he does well. I guess that comes with the territory. Clay was canned, he’s unpolished. Whelp

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
And he only had 4 hours of sleep. Stock up on Red Bull and 5 energy drinks!
Fight On!

AZUSCfan

Aug 24, 2017
I can deal the roughness around the edges if he can make this a disciplined team. We dealt with a professional used car salesman for many years that knew how to spin every answer and kiss *** and couldn't get discipline instilled into the team.

This guy seems real not like the bs we got from you know who.

Latest posts