Chip Kelly’s $9-million Buy-Out Ends Jan 15 ‘22

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
Then it is zero. Ruins are screwed. Utah is favored by five next Saturday against Kelly. The season is collapsing. If Ruins wait to fire Kelly until after Jan. 15 there won’t be anyone to hire or recruit. If they can Kelly before Jan. 15 it will cost $9-million. It’s a catch-22 for Ruins. Keep Kelly and suck or fire 🔥 Kelly and pay through the nose (and still suck).

Ruin fans have bigger problems than worrying about who we hire as our next coach.

Go Utah!

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018
I think they will be fine with him another season. If DTR didn’t get hurt, they would of probably beat Oregon yesterday

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
I think they will be fine with him another season. If DTR didn’t get hurt, they would of probably beat Oregon yesterday
He’s going to beat the brakes off of USC you do realize!!
Likely— in both counts.

Still, Oregon lost to Stanford and struggled with both Arizona and Cal, as well as Fresno St (who beat UCLA). Oregon quarterback hasn’t turned out like it hoped—did beat Ohio St early but lost running-back who was awesome in that game.

DTR is not that good. Not horrible but not great.

UCLA could be 5-4 if Utah wins Saturday (Utah -5). I don’t know if it is 100-percent certain Kelly clocks us but you could be right.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
More and more with every loss. I don’t think they can afford the 9-million and waiting till after Jan 15 is suicide.

He won’t resign and lose that money.

Probably back for one more year
He's going to have to make the most of that one, with a freshmen.

Reactions: JayBird23

contracostatrojan

Aug 24, 2017
College Gameday keeps saying Cal L.A. has turned a corner, but it's clear they have not. A loss to Utah will seal another lackluster season but they will be over .500 and will beat us handily, so in bRuin World that's a really successful season.

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
Wait how is FUCLA in a worst situation? FUCLA is just a mediocre program, most PAC12 teams are, as created by Larry Scott whose prime mission was to create parity in the conference. I think they are in a fantastic position where they can wait till the season’s end and then stall any renewal while actively looking for a new coach. Kelly is nothing spectacular even though he is having a decent year.
Yes it may impact recruiting, but the majority of recruits are signed by December. So if they are intent to resign him they should be negotiating with him right now to save recruiting.
I think he is a subpar coach and there are better coaches out there, and maybe I should be wanting them to resign him, or bring back Mora JR or nieuheisal! They sure had a lot to say when asked about the SC opening!
Fight On!

Reactions: Pudly76