Chris Steele should never see the field for the rest of his eligibility

jpsocal65

Aug 24, 2017
Always has been. He left Florida because they wouldn’t start him. He is overweight, slow, has poor hips. Who is surprised. He has always been inferior to the real league that runs CFB. He is a cast off to our extremely inferior and soft CFB conference. What’s the surprise lol. PAC12 lol. We should be reviewed and removed from the power 5 conferences. Just like the soccer EPL. Step up or you will be relegated. man I would love that in CFB!

qqqqqqqman

Aug 24, 2017
I’m not happy with him either, but Todd Orlando called the defense and we went all in on 4th & 1 to stop the run. Great call by the Utah OC. Still, Steele didn’t even bump the receiver. UGLY!!!

I just want to go to bed tonight and not wake up until the day our new coach is announced.

Well, with 4 minutes to pick a play, Utah’s OC kicked Orlando’s butt.

And Steele just let the guy run right by him 🤬. We got plenty of CBs…..get ‘em out there and make plays.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
This is what
I would like Bullock 27 and Brown16 at CB, Smith19 at Nickel with Alford 29 and Jackson 23 at Safety.
This is what I meant when I started the the thread after the OSU game, titled Screw It, Play The Freshmen.

Let a freshman get burned. Maybe it’ll help him learn and not let it happen in th future. Leaving Pola Mao, ITS and Steele on the field is accomplishing ziltch

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
This is what

This is what I meant when I started the the thread after the OSU game, titled Screw It, Play The Freshmen.

Let a freshman get burned. Maybe it’ll help him learn and not let it happen in the future. Leaving Pola Mao, ITS and Steele on the field is accomplishing ziltch
Facts, so-called veterans and the like still making bone-headed plays, like their freshmen.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Read it again *****! Not rocket science. We don’t belong in a power 5 conference. SC can’t beat off lol! Are u learning or reading disabled?!
How do you earn being in a Power 5 conference? Should a team, even one that’s won 11 football NC’s, be dropped from a Power 5 conference when they have a down year?

Uh…Ok.

jpsocal65

Aug 24, 2017
How do you earn being in a Power 5 conference? Should a team, even one that’s won 11 football NC’s, be dropped from a Power 5 conference when they have a down year?

Uh…Ok.
Yes, you don’t belong u get dropped. Like EPL soccer. If you don’t reach the expected level u get relegated to the lower league. Are u ignorant? Do you not understand this concept? It’s a season by season review/status of your season results. What have u done for me lately punk. Who cares that you won championships 16 to to 90 years ago lol. Are u stupid? SC is not elite anymore dumb ****

Reactions: CulverJer

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
If you don’t reach the expected level u get relegated to the lower league. Are u ignorant? Do you not understand this concept?
Lol. I fully understand it. I just think it’s a foolish idea.

College football conferences don’t work that way. They never will. USC is the PAC-12’s flagship program. Conferences cannot just drop teams that are underperforming, they would eventually lose all of their teams.

USC will be good again, sooner rather than later. If the PAC-12 dropped them now, USC would just come back a few years from now in another Power 5 conference and the PAC-12 will have lost their cash cow.

College football conferences are not that dumb.

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
Lol. I fully understand it. I just think it’s a foolish idea.

College football conferences don’t work that way. They never will. USC is the PAC-12’s flagship program. Conferences cannot just drop teams that are underperforming, they would eventually lose all of their teams.

USC will be good again, sooner rather than later. If the PAC-12 dropped them now, USC would just come back a few years from now in another Power 5 conference and the PAC-12 will have lost their cash cow.

College football conferences are not that dumb.
Florida State was once the ACC flagship program.

silversprint

Aug 24, 2017
USC relegated itself to irrelevance.

Every team blows SC out. AT HOME!!

This program is now disgrace and embarrassment to the great players that played in the Coliseum.

Losing has become so normal now that no one is surprised when Oregon St blows out SC at home.

I turned it off in the 3rd quarter and let my son play his video game.

contracostatrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Remember Steele was a 5-star that everyone wanted and that we stole from Oregon at the last minute. Either the evaluation of Steele was horribly wrong or the coaches don't know how to coach good talent to a higher college level. I'm thinking the latter.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Remember Steele was a 5-star that everyone wanted and that we stole from Oregon at the last minute. Either the evaluation of Steele was horribly wrong or the coaches don't know how to coach good talent to a higher college level. I'm thinking the latter.
Little bit of both

Yes, you don’t belong u get dropped. Like EPL soccer. If you don’t reach the expected level u get relegated to the lower league. Are u ignorant? Do you not understand this concept? It’s a season by season review/status of your season results. What have u done for me lately punk. Who cares that you won championships 16 to to 90 years ago lol. Are u stupid? SC is not elite anymore dumb ****
Talking pure nonsense, at this point. I guess USC should have been kicked out the Power 5 in the 90's? such stupid logic. So many programs, would fit this dumbass criteria. If you were in charge and college football would be dead.

AnArchitect

Sep 3, 2017
This is what

Let a freshman get burned. Maybe it’ll help him learn and not let it happen in th future. Leaving Pola Mao, ITS and Steele on the field is accomplishing ziltch
Yeah, win or lose, let the future stars get a taste for blood.

yah20002

Aug 24, 2017
Looks like Chris has lost confidence. I think he’s more a zone CB, and they’re putting him in man 2 man situations. He’s trying to cover, without grabbing, but that’s out of his comfort zone.

yah20002

Aug 24, 2017
Most people that really watched Steele, in HS, knew he wasn’t a pure cover CB. I never thought he was close to being “that” guy. Remember, many people thought his Bosco teammate (Trent McDuffie), was the best CB at Bosco.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
While it is possible that the dozen or more schools that recruited him were wrong, I think it more likely that he was underdeveloped in the soft system that Helton ran. And he’s not the only one.

There needs to be a radical shift in the culture with this team.

4heisman

Aug 24, 2017
I feel like bagging on the players for on field stuff is low...but with that being said, I'd be fine if Chris transferred since declaring for the draft is definitely off the table for him now. It was just this summer where Chris was telling reporters London was the best WR in the conference and he was the best CB. He was half right. I would like to think this season has humbled him a bit. A lot of the blame should go on Donte for not developing the DB's as a whole. IPM has regressed severely to the point that I'd be ok benching him. That is crazy considering he's a 3 year starter and team captain. ITS is just an athlete playing football despite being at USC for 3+ years. Chase Williams regressed from last year. The guys making impact plays are true freshmen with limited snaps (Bullock & J.Smith), and not the upperclassmen. That tells you all you need to know about what this staff does to players.

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
It's culture, 100%. Put Chris Steele on one of Pete Carroll's teams and he'd be $.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Remember what the team said? about being held accountable? and things of that nature? that's the sign of a team that's been massively underserved. From top to bottom. It was crazy to hear that from players playing football. From tackling to daily routine discipline, was Helton running a wellness center for rich spoiled kids that happened to play football? wtf was going on...

B1GTROJAN

Sep 7, 2021
Remember what the team said? about being held accountable? and things of that nature? that's the sign of a team that's been massively underserved. From top to bottom. It was crazy to hear that from players playing football. From tackling to daily routine discipline, was Helton running a wellness center for rich spoiled kids that happened to play football? wtf was going on...
Helton was good for compliance and being a nice guy parents trusted. That’s all.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Latest posts