Christine McVie Passed Away. 79 years old.

Gaimcock

Jan 22, 2022
Now this is sad news. Fleetwood Mac is ingrained as part of life's soundtrack.
Thank You Christine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63812952
The Monstrosity of Fleetwood Mac back in the late 70's & early 80's was Worldwide No Doubt!!

Christine Perfect McVie was very well known as one of their best, yet most basic writers, while Lindsey Buckingham is without a doubt one of the top 10 guitarist from that timeframe.

Case in point: Hold Me, written by Christine Perfect McVie and that includes one of the most recognizable guitar riffs ever!!!...

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
Super talented lady. She wrote some of their biggest hits.

"falling, falling, falling"...one of the best tags ever.

Hoganman1

Nov 28, 2022
Oh no!!! I hate to hear this. While most of my friends preferred Stevie, I always had the hots for Christy. I'm a sucker for the British accent.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
I really liked the Peter Green Fleetwood Mac. And I liked Danny Kirwan when he joined, even liked Bob Welch. When Stevie and Lindsay joined they just started sounding like Buckingham Nicks after that. Christine wrote about half their songs in the old days.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
I really liked the Peter Green Fleetwood Mac. And I liked Danny Kirwan when he joined, even liked Bob Welch. When Stevie and Lindsay joined they just started sounding like Buckingham Nicks after that. Christine wrote about half their songs in the old days.
But Nicks has that smoky raspy voice that many now associate with Fleetwood Mac. Her voice is very distinguishable.