College FB Games this Week

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
9-30-22, Friday, ESPN, 7:30 pm, Rose Bowl

UCLA 4-0 vs #15 UDub 4-0. This will be a very good game of undefeated's. QB battle, UCLA-DTR vs UDub-M.Penix, these are 2 very good QB's. I think UDub wins a high scoring game.

10-01-22, Saturday

1. #14 Ole Miss, 4-0 vs #7 Kentucky, 4-0, 9:00 am, ESPN. Good game of undefeated's, C.Kiffin vs Mark Stoops, two of the best HC in college. Ole Miss has former USC QB, Jaxson Dart. This should be a very good game. I think Kentucky wins a close game.

2. #12 Utah, 3-1 vs Oregon St, 3-1, P12 N, 11;00 am. Interesting game. PAC 12 implications, nice if Utah loses, but don't think so...

3. #2 Bama, 4-0 vs #20 Arkansas, 3-1. 12:30 pm , CBS. Bama must be careful, Arkansas is a tuff and good, old school type team. Would not be surprise is Arkansas wins.

4. #16 Baylor 3-1 vs #9 Oklahoma St, 3-0. 12:30 pm, Fox Sports. This will be about Baylor's D vs OK St's O. Very good game.

5. W.Virginia, 2-2 (JT Daniels QB) vs Texas 2-2. 4:30 pm Fox Sports-1. Gotta watch this game.

6. #24 Pitt, 3-1 (Kedon Slovis) vs Georgia Tech, 1-3. 5:00 pm, ACCN

7. Stanford 1-2 vs #13 Oregon, 3-1. 8:00 pm, Fox Sports. Gotta watch this one. Oregon is on a roll, 3 straight wins.

8. #6 USC, 4-0 vs Arizona St, 1-3. 7:30 pm, ESPN. USC should roll over Az St. CW will redeem himself and his passing game.

Last edited:

IETrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
It’s quite a slate. On paper, the most potentially exciting week of the season so far.

Socrates

Aug 29, 2021
I have to think this is Chip's big moment to get it done and be a Pac 12 contender or flip into the Arroyo Seco for good...

manganate

Aug 24, 2017
I'm going to be paying attention to the Huskies. I know Utah is on our schedule but I think UW is sneaky good this year and could really contend for conference title game participation.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
UCLA beat UDub, 40-32. Looked like it was close, but it really was not. After the 3rd qt UCLA was rolling, 40-16 and I left to see a HS game instead. UDub rallied in the 4th qt, scoring 16 points to make things look respectable. I was shocked when I saw the final score.

Dang, UCLA looked real good boys and girls, they have a very good FB team. I'm impressed with UCLA, 5-0. The D stifled UDub's O and QB Penix to 16 pts for 3 qts, with 2 IT. 5th year Sr, DTR played lights out passing and running. I always liked DTR as a QB, he throws a tight spiral on every throw/pass, and man can this guy run. He's so darn athletic, fast and has A+ juking ability. DTR has Moxie/Mojo, eye of the tiger. He does not make mistakes too. It will be a great game, USC vs UCLA.

QB, Mike Penix had a hard time against UCLA D for 3 qts. I was surprised because I've seen UDub 2 times before this game and they looked really good. Shoot, UDub beat Mich St and Stanford. Man, the Ruins are for real...

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
24/33 =72.7%, 315 yds, 3 TD's, 0 IT, 182.9 QBR + 55 yds rushing.

Michael Penix Jr.
33/48 = 68.8 %, 345 yds, 4 TD, 2 IT, 2 sacks, 148.3 QBR + -1 yd rushing

Last edited:

3rd Slide

Aug 24, 2017
I only watched the first quarter and thought it was more of WA being worse than hyped than ucla being good. Ucla’s lines were the difference. Penix was constantly pressured, deflating WA’s O. On the flip side, Ucla’s O was all about alternating Chardonnay and Boo-Boo — huskies couldn’t cover both, so game over.

Worse part of it all was hearing Andre Ware repeatedly saying he would vote for Penix for Heisman.

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
I watched the UCLA game after I got home from the Bosco Servite game. I had the under. The U/O was 64.5. It ended up as 72. I hate UCLA. They have screwed me on two parlays so far this year.

• Wow
Reactions: Canyon.usc

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
I watched the UCLA game after I got home from the Bosco Servite game. I had the under. The U/O was 64.5. It ended up as 72. I hate UCLA. They have screwed me on two parlays so far this year.
Bad luck. Eh Bruddah thought you live in Las Vegas? U said, when I got home from the SJB vs Servite game in Orange County, Ca. Maybe I'm thinking of another board member?

Reactions: TroyBill

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
Bad luck. Eh Bruddah thought you live in Las Vegas? U said, when I got home from the SJB vs Servite game in Orange County, Ca. Maybe I'm thinking of another board member?
Actually, I am from Vegas and came in for the game yesterday. So I went to the Bosco game. I played for them 3 years back in the dark ages. Going to the game today. Season tickets holder for years. I do my parlays every Thursday.

Reactions: Canyon.usc

TrojanMoondoggie

Aug 24, 2017
Looks like ucla could be a real problem. And no fan base deserves it less. A bunch of arrogant elitist snots who often don't even show up for their games.
Regardless, USC better be ready. That's a game that can go either way, even when one team sucks and the other doesn't.
When both are good, and one team has "the quarterback," that could prove a real problem.
And SC will have the target on its back and ucla will have nothing to lose. Even though they'd be ranked at the time too no doubt.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Actually, I am from Vegas and came in for the game yesterday. So I went to the Bosco game. I played for them 3 years back in the dark ages. Going to the game today. Season tickets holder for years. I do my parlays every Thursday.
Yeah thought so. Shoot, SJB in the last 10/12 years has become a Powerhouse FB team. C.Negro has done an amazing job. Dang their new FB stadium is awesome too. Shaka to the Panish family for donating mucho money to build SJB state of art, beautiful FB stadium.

Man, America has so many wealthy people, it's great when they donate large sums of money to their Alma mater or to worthy charities. America is great...

Enjoy USC's home game vs. Arizona St. today.

Last edited:
Reactions: TroyBill

Latest posts