College football: bigger than NBA finals, World Series, the Stanley Cup and the Masters

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Misleading. World Series AVERAGED 12M per game. 6 games = 72M.

You have to take various factors into account. Baseball plays more games, so average viewership will be lower. It was also a championship setting, so it should be compared to the CFB playoff championship as well.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Fox claims 15.4M watched our defensive soccer tilt with England on Friday. That's a sounds like a pretty big number. Curious if it was inflated since many weren't at work. Will be interesting to see what a Tuesday afternoon game against Iran will pull.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Fox claims 15.4M watched our defensive soccer tilt with England on Friday. That's a sounds like a pretty big number. Curious if it was inflated since many weren't at work. Will be interesting to see what a Tuesday afternoon game against Iran will pull.
I expect it'll be pretty big since this is a win or go home game.

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Well then.. I had no idea. I thought all the teams went to the next round and this was just for seeding.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well then.. I had no idea. I thought all the teams went to the next round and this was just for seeding.
Group stage is 8 groups of 4 teams each. The top 2 teams in each group advance to the knockout stage. Germany is in real trouble. They need a win vs Costa Rica (you'd think that would be a given, but Costa Rica just beat Japan and have long-time Real Madrid goalkeeper in the nets), plus a Spain win vs Japan.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Misleading. World Series AVERAGED 12M per game. 6 games = 72M.

You have to take various factors into account. Baseball plays more games, so average viewership will be lower. It was also a championship setting, so it should be compared to the CFB playoff championship as well.
Good points but Game 6 of the world series was 12.55M. Most comparable to two top 4 teams battling for a spot in the playoffs. We will see what the CFP ratings are

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I don't trust TV ratings shite. Other random complete horseshite:

NY Times Bestsellers
"Sellout crowds"
Any actual crowd number announced
CDC recommendations
100% Organic
USDA Certified
Voting tabulations
Water bill usage numbers
Extended warranties
Ole Miss pre-season hype
MSU pre-season doom

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Water bill numbers. What a crock. My previous house used $22 of water every month. Not an estimate, supposedly that was a reading. I miss watering the crap out of my yard and not worrying about the bill.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I don't trust TV ratings shite. Other random complete horseshite:

NY Times Bestsellers
"Sellout crowds"
Any actual crowd number announced
CDC recommendations
100% Organic
USDA Certified
Voting tabulations
Water bill usage numbers
Extended warranties
Ole Miss pre-season hype
MSU pre-season doom
I agree with your sentiment but having a little experience in the TV/streaming business I can tell you that TV ratings are based mostly (MOSTLY) on actual number of viewers because that can be tracked and is tracked by Nielsen and is accredited (until last year) See this article. If Google is using them for YouTubeTV numbers I can promise you it will be close to accurate.

Reactions: patdog