Covid Protocols Changing?

Tod78

Aug 24, 2017
I just got an email from the Hollywood Bowl saying that all patrons will have to present proof of full vaccination or a negative test within the last 72 hours starting September 24. Proof means real proof. Saying "trust me, I'm vaccinated" won't cut it.

The Hollywood Bowl and Trojan Football both fall in the same category of "outdoor mega events" in the Department of Public Health guidelines. As of the last update I have the Department just "strongly recommended" requiring proof of vaccination as opposed to "requiring" proof of vaccination. Still, if this is going to be required at the Hollywood Bowl can the Coliseum be far behind?

Mask compliance has been so poor the first two games that I won't be surprised if something like this is required.

CP619

Aug 24, 2017
Yes to USC Football.

"The order will also require all attendees, employees and participants of outdoor "mega-events" -- those attended by 10,000 or more people -- to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours."

Reactions: Tod78

Tod78

Aug 24, 2017

Now I would take the map to mean that state health people are doing a better job than most at beating back the virus, and therefore know what they are talking about.

Even though we have the highest total numbers since we have the highest total population.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Lies, damn lies and statistics.

California has had among the strictest WuFlu protocols in the country, yet lead the nation in total cases, total deaths and active cases. And despite being the most infected state in the union, the mortality rate is still .01
I just saw an article online that claims one in 500 Americans have died from being infected with the Wuhan bug. Over 650,000 Merikans. Oreally?

I find that curious because no one I know has died, and no one I know knows anyone who has died, from this gift from the Peoples Republic of China. In fact I don’t even know anybody who has contracted the Wuhan.

I call bullsh*t.

sc/pacx

Nov 18, 2018
I just saw an article online that claims one in 500 Americans have died from being infected with the Wuhan bug. Over 650,000 Merikans. Oreally?

I find that curious because no one I know has died, and no one I know knows anyone who has died, from this gift from the Peoples Republic of China. In fact I don’t even know anybody who has contracted the Wuhan.

I call bullsh*t.
I don’t know anyone either, strange isn’t it

Tod78

Aug 24, 2017
I don’t know anyone either, strange isn’t it
You must not get out much.

I know one very nice guy who thought it was no big deal and people have to get on with their lives. He didn’t get to get on with his life.

I can’t count all the people I know personally who caught it and were sick as dogs for weeks. Some in hospital.

Then there are the health care people I know personally, who were drowning in sick covid patients.

sc/pacx

Nov 18, 2018
You must not get out much.

I know one very nice guy who thought it was no big deal and people have to get on with their lives. He didn’t get to get on with his life.

I can’t count all the people I know personally who caught it and were sick as dogs for weeks. Some in hospital.

Then there are the health care people I know personally, who were drowning in sick covid patients.
Let’s see, in the last 12 months from Southern California, I spent a couple weeks on Beaver Lake NW Arkansas, couple weeks in Ft Lauderdale, couple weeks on Lake Hamilton, Central Ark, and Monday I just returned from Vegas. I’m in my mid 60s, live in a a senior community and I’m serious when I say I
don’t really know anyone who has parishes from COVID-19. Their was one guy I posted around a year or so ago that they claimed died but he was in such bad shape with other existing issues, I’m not sure it was Covid that really killed him. I know their are people on this board that have experienced either with themselves, family or friends that have had the virus but for me so far not so

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
I noticed the announcement now says we need to break "the cycle of surges..." instead of "we need to get this thing under control." Undoubtedly, this is because, statewide, the average new case rate has been significantly dropping for over a week already. So they may be grandstanding... just a bit.

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
By the way, the rule only applies to events that attract more that 10,000 people.

So, if you don’t like it you can still take in a bRuin game.
Ucla is a weird school. Students don’t start class until like Halloween or something. Maybe Fresno fans will get them closer to 10,000.

Tod78

Aug 24, 2017
Let’s see, in the last 12 months from Southern California, I spent a couple weeks on Beaver Lake NW Arkansas, couple weeks in Ft Lauderdale, couple weeks on Lake Hamilton, Central Ark, and Monday I just returned from Vegas. I’m in my mid 60s, live in a a senior community and I’m serious when I say I
don’t really know anyone who has parishes from COVID-19. Their was one guy I posted around a year or so ago that they claimed died but he was in such bad shape with other existing issues, I’m not sure it was Covid that really killed him. I know their are people on this board that have experienced either with themselves, family or friends that have had the virus but for me so far not so
So when you said you didn’t know anybody either, you meant that you didn’t know anybody who died from Covid except for the guy you were told died of Covid but you personally didn’t know for sure that was true. Hmmm.

Tod78

Aug 24, 2017
Ucla is a weird school. Students don’t start class until like Halloween or something. Maybe Fresno fans will get them closer to 10,000.
That’s my theory for why the bRuins sometimes start fast and fade the second half of the season. For the first half of the season all they have to think about is football. None of this “student-athlete“ business. Then they suddenly have to deal with classes and homework.

IETrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
I must be weird, but my experience is that I know a lot of people who have contracted Covid (200+). Not one has been hospitalized. Not one has come close to death. And added to that, more than 50% of those of those I know who have been vaccinated against Covid have subsequently gotten it. Now that’s an effective vaccine!!! Maybe boosters will help! (Yeah, before you ask, that’s 20/30 people that I have personal contact with that have gotten Covid after vaccination.)

But, remember, that’s all anecdotal. Don’t trust that over what the media reports. I’m
just giving real life numbers.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018

I call bullsh*
My daughter got covid in February of last year and my other daughter’s husband got it this past May. Neither died, even tho he has stage 4 cancer.. my other daughter (his wife) never contracted it from him.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
My daughter got covid in February of last year and my other daughter’s husband got it this past May. Neither died, even tho he has stage 4 cancer.. my other daughter (his wife) never contracted it from him.

Thanks Pudley, and I'm sorry for the angst y'all must have been feeling. Especially in light of the media pushing mere contraction of the Wuhan as next to a death sentence, which, as you've so clearly made known, it is not.

We each can only relate to others what is our own experience. My experience teaches me and I say again, "1 in every 500 Americans have been killed by Wuhan" is pure, unadulterated bullpuckey.

Especially when flu deaths in 2017 were just under 100,000, but in 2020 miraculously only 24,000 died from flu complications. That doesn't wash.

Anyone dying who has any preexisting serious medical condition and who also contracted Wuhan, or was suspected of contracting Wuhan, is being counted as a Wuhan death. Pure poppycock.

sc/pacx

Nov 18, 2018
So when you said you didn’t know anybody either, you meant that you didn’t know anybody who died from Covid except for the guy you were told died of Covid but you personally didn’t know for sure that was true. Hmmm.
Just saying they are calling this a pandemic, taking drastic measures they should not be doing. Advising people is fine, but for the most part leave us alone to make our own decisions. It seems it's not about the virus anymore, it's about the jab

Bigtrojaned

Aug 24, 2017
Thanks Pudley, and I'm sorry for the angst y'all must have been feeling. Especially in light of the media pushing mere contraction of the Wuhan as next to a death sentence, which, as you've so clearly made known, it is not.

We each can only relate to others what is our own experience. My experience teaches me and I say again, "1 in every 500 Americans have been killed by Wuhan" is pure, unadulterated bullpuckey.

Especially when flu deaths in 2017 were just under 100,000, but in 2020 miraculously only 24,000 died from flu complications. That doesn't wash.

Anyone dying who has any preexisting serious medical condition and who also contracted Wuhan, or was suspected of contracting Wuhan, is being counted as a Wuhan death. Pure poppycock.
I know 2 that passed away. About 4 that ended up in the hospital but were released quickly because they acted quickly in going. In the teens of how many who got it and recovered.

You know why the flu number dropped in 2020, people were masked up, washing hands and staying home when sick. Tons of people got the flu shot since the symptoms are similar.

with that said, everyone stay as safe as you can, Fight On and Beat the Cougars, unless your into cougars. Then do what you do to them! 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: herovi3t and Tod78

scsuperfan

Aug 24, 2017
iOS15 comes out in four days, which will allow for digital storage of a vaccination card/record. Should make it a bit more streamlined to have to live with the new regulatory environment we find ourselves in.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
I got the vax and I'll get the booster. I also keep distance and wear a mask outside. Those are my personal choices because, IMO, it's only prudent. But this governmental rush to punish and criminalize those who elect not to vax is abhorrent.

Govmint lets peeps smoke tobacco (and pot), drink themselves silly, it permits, even funds with public money, abortion (legalized murder of the unborn) and it permits lots of other choices regarding our person that are not healthy to ourselves or others, yet here we do a complete 180.

Why?

Follow the money.

Eeks2284

Aug 24, 2017
Personally, just lost an Uncle to COVID pneumonia last week who was fully vaccinated, but as a lymphoma survivor immunocompromised.

I suggest anyone who's antivax listen to the stories of like minds at https://www.reddit.com/r/hermancainaward if you want to help reduce the amount of rewards handed out and protect those more at risk like my Uncle was. Stay safe everyone!

sc/pacx

Nov 18, 2018
Just saying they are calling this a pandemic, taking drastic measures they should not be doing. Advising people is fine, but for the most part leave us alone to make our own decisions. It seems it's not about the virus anymore, it's about the jab
I had tickets for the Ole Miss/Ark game October 9th in Oxford, a buddy of mine is Matt Corral"s cousin, but with all these mandates coming down the pipe, I'm afraid to book a flight, also may not be able to enter the stadium. You have to ask yourself, what's really going on here

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
I know 2 that passed away. About 4 that ended up in the hospital but were released quickly because they acted quickly in going. In the teens of how many who got it and recovered.

You know why the flu number dropped in 2020, people were masked up, washing hands and staying home when sick. Tons of people got the flu shot since the symptoms are similar.

with that said, everyone stay as safe as you can, Fight On and Beat the Cougars, unless your into cougars. Then do what you do to them! 🤣🤣🤣
1631806976692.png

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgarnay51