Covid Protocols Changing?

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
I know many who have had Covid, including myself, my 21 year old daughter and several close friends. I also know a few who died from it, including my mom (she was 90 with failing health) and a couple of friends.
Tragic. My sincere condolences.

I probably should clarify myself here. It’s not that I believe no one has died from the Wuhan. My concern is that the numbers appear to be grossly exaggerated (for political and financial gain.)

Last edited:

TrojanTW

Apr 5, 2018

I probably should clarify myself here. It’s not that I don’t believe no one has died from the Wuhan. My concern is that the numbers appear to be grossly exaggerated (for political and financial gain.)
Definitely agree with that. Been saying that from the very beginning.

Reactions: gubo&palanka

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
Saying it's been grossly exaggerated is a bit of a copout, because that's a generalization at the macro level. Say for example Northern Idaho (or any part of ID for that matter), where you can't get an ER bed at the moment. They're literally triaging treatment and only treating those they think stand a better chance of living. Imagine that, in the US, in a conservative state like ID.

I agree all should do their due diligence and research the pros/cons of every option, factor in your personal situation, consider the local situation where you are, speak to your dr., look for unbiased sources in other respected countries that have no dog in our fights and then decide.

But for heaven's sake, we need to stop this petulant squabbling about freedom and automatically refusing things because your "side" is against it (or for it) and purposely looking for affirmation from like-minded sources to prove a point and "school" the other side. That will get us nowhere!

Last edited:

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
Well, here’s a shock…

Why is that a shock? My understanding is the debate was over how effective the vaccine was, how long it lasted, what the benefits of the booster were, when should it be given, any side-effects and whether it made sense to all or just a targeted group.

Whatever decisions comes back, my hope is it's based on science and a more nuanced explanation will allow Drs to decide if their patient would benefit (rather than lump a mandate on all).

Not sure what the beef is, what'd I miss?

DJ4SC

Aug 24, 2017
Why is that a shock? My understanding is the debate was over how effective the vaccine was, how long it lasted, what the benefits of the booster were, when should it be given, any side-effects and whether it made sense to all or just a targeted group.

Whatever decisions comes back, my hope is it's based on science and a more nuanced explanation will allow Drs to decide if their patient would benefit (rather than lump a mandate on all).

We're all still waiting on the "science" that's what you missed.

Reactions: KeenObserver

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018

The beef is how one side (and the other quite frankly) preached that science lead us, yet they don’t mean it…

“The White House adamantly planned booster shots begin next week.”

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
The beef is how one side (and the other quite frankly) preached that science lead us, yet they don’t mean it…

“The White House adamantly planned booster shots begin next week.”
I for one am encouraged that the CDC can no longer be bullied into saying whatever the WH tells them to. I'm encouraged the CDC now seems to be emboldened to speak the truth.

Remember, the WH are in the business of politics.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I for one am encouraged that the CDC can no longer be bullied into saying whatever the WH tells them to. I'm encouraged the CDC now seems to be emboldened to speak the truth.

Remember, the WH are in the business of politics.
It’s the FDA… but you’re narrative isn’t up to snuff. Who bullied them into approving the initial vaccine? Not only didn’t they, they hinted they were a year away, and then approved them just after the election.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
They did not approve it because based on the vaccine effectiveness it was not necessary at this time.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017

I probably should clarify myself here. It’s not that I don’t believe no one has died from the Wuhan. My concern is that the numbers appear to be grossly exaggerated (for political and financial gain.)
covid vaccine is 2 @ $20. Regeneron which is being pushed be Desantis is $1200. Hospital stay is $50k and up. Not sure how anyone can say the vaccine is costing us money. Add in missed work, it is saving us billions

Reactions: Tod78

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
They did not approve it because based on the vaccine effectiveness it was not necessary at this time.
And yet the prez and his buddies we’re ready to start poking next week.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Some people are so entrenched in their ignorance there is no way they will ever see their masters for who they are. It's their religion.

There’s some real truth to that.

In almost every area of social structure and surrounding public (and private) commentary there seems to always be a political-philosophical litmus test that is first applied, instead of a good solid dose of critical thinking.

The obtuse Orwellian circumlocutions and feigned rationalizations that are paraded as “justification“ for positions being taken, actions defended and policies put in place by administrative fiat are really quite frightening.

Our elected leaders are no longer making any effort to find a “middle of the road” approach that even pretends to reflect the will, or work to the benefit, of the majority our own citizens.

No matter who’s in office, it is becoming very clear that our leaders are pandering either to one extreme or the other, while the great majority of us in the center just scratch our head and wonder who the hell is in charge and how in hell did they come up with, and find support for, such cockamamie ideas.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
covid vaccine is 2 @ $20. Regeneron which is being pushed be Desantis is $1200. Hospital stay is $50k and up. Not sure how anyone can say the vaccine is costing us money. Add in missed work, it is saving us billions
And brain surgery can cost $500k or more. WTF does that have to do with what we’re talking about?

It’s not the cost to the public, the public for the most part is getting these shots for free. But they’re not free. Government is buying them up as fast as it can be made at the cost. Not just our government. So at $20 (your figure) multiplied by 413 million doses produced so far, that over $8 billion. In just 1 year. And people are still getting sick. And they are still producing. And they are still buying. If you don’t think that’s big money then I think I’d probably like to exchange stock portfolios with you.

Regeneron treatment is not something anyone is touting for broad application. That’s just a red herring. And the shots aren’t putting anyone back to work. Take a look at the employment problem we have. Nobody can even find anyone that wants to work.

No, there is a huge payoff going to someone. We’ll never know where the money trail leads because they will never tell us but I think it’s pretty telling that we know many of the most influential investors in Moderna were politicians and admins, the very people who were pushing Moderna vaccine to be first out of the gate.

You either are very naïve or you just don’t want to believe what’s really going down. The lies, corruption and power-grabbing is killing us, yet some cheer them on without a care.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Our elected leaders are all corrupt, blackmailed or apparatchiks. Sooner people get wise to that the better. The government is NOT looking out for the common good.
Of course! Absolutely correct. And no state is more corrupt than California. The cabal that has been running California ever since Jerry Brown was governor ranks right up there with Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall or Richard Daily’s machine in Chicago.

DJ4SC

Aug 24, 2017
And brain surgery can cost $500k or more. WTF does that have to do with what we’re talking about?

It’s not the cost to the public, the public for the most part is getting these shots for free. But they’re not free. Government is buying them up as fast as it can be made at the cost. Not just our government. So at $20 (your figure) multiplied by 413 million doses produced so far, that over $8 billion. In just 1 year. And people are still getting sick. And they are still producing. And they are still buying. If you don’t think that’s big money then I think I’d probably like to exchange stock portfolios with you.

Regeneron treatment is not something anyone is touting for broad application. That’s just a red herring. And the shots aren’t putting anyone back to work. Take a look at the employment problem we have. Nobody can even find anyone that wants to work.

No, there is a huge payoff going to someone. We’ll never know where the money trail leads because they will never tell us but I think it’s pretty telling that we know many of the most influential investors in Moderna were politicians and admins, the very people who were pushing Moderna vaccine to be first out of the gate.

You either are very naïve or you just don’t want to believe what’s really going down. The lies, corruption and power-grabbing is killing us, yet some cheer them on without a care.
Spot on post.

There are many who do not want to think our government is corrupt and ripping them off but that’s the reality.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
And yet the prez and his buddies we’re ready to start poking next week.

I am not the one with my head in the sand. 635,000 dead at $50k each is 32 billion and the $50k number is probably low, many are in ICU for weeks. This is not about politics it is a medical crisis and the quicker you can get all your I am not against vaccines "But"- to get vaccinated the quicker we get out of this mess

Reactions: Tod78

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I am not the one with my head in the sand. 635,000 dead at $50k each is 32 billion and the $50k number is probably low, many are in ICU for weeks. This is not about politics it is a medical crisis and the quicker you can get all your I am not against vaccines "But"- to get vaccinated the quicker we get out of this mess
Listen. Who ever said I wasn’t vaccinated? You presume too much. Secondly, the FDA said it wasn’t ready, not CDC. Which means it’s safety or efficacy or testing are questionable.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: August West

DJ4SC

Aug 24, 2017
And this is where you miss the whole point of our Constitution. By the way, how many of those dead were in nursing homes in states run by stupid governors? When has it ever been smart to put sick people in those homes?

If you got the jab then what are you worried about? Go live your life and stop worrying what your neighbor does.

Reactions: August West

TroyInception

Jul 4, 2020
You’re living in fantasy land… 50k each is bulls#^t, you pulled a number from your a**… just stop with the hypothetical… enough already!

Latest posts