Cristobal and Smith same philosophy

RONIN.usc

Dec 6, 2018
Both have focused on OL and true smashmouth OL play.
except Mario is doin it with 4 and 5 star OL.
Smith is doing a better job last 2 years of smashmouth football with 2 star OL.
if Smith can do it with 2 Stars, then we have enough OL talent to play similarly.
i would like 4-5 star OL, but we do not need it to run successfully. Chip only has 1 nfl OL in his LT and his scheme runs downhill.
Freakin Fresno State runs downhill.
And we have our OL dancing line ballerinas.

PAVAROTTI

Jan 19, 2019
Well we would lose all our 5 star receivers. Plus those offenses are boring. Sorry but they are. This is USC. Bluest of Blue Bloods. We need a sexier offense for this market. Air raid brings in the recruits.

• Haha
Reactions: AMLTrojan

CSC96

Apr 29, 2020
Air raid is a gimmick, one-dimensional offense designed to bring marginally-talented recruits to Lubbock and Pullman, two of the most out-of-the-way places in CFB. Mike Bohn has successfully rebranded USC as the Texas Tech Red Raiders. #GunsUp

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
Definitely will be a rebuild. We have some pieces to build from but there's significant work to do in the trenches.

That said, I'm kind of growing weary of the argument "look what they are doing with 2 and 3* recruits, imagine what they could do with 4 and 5* guys that come to USC." That argument just doesn't hold water. It doesn't. Transitive comparisons never work out the way you think they do.

Jt71

Apr 6, 2018
Both have focused on OL and true smashmouth OL play.
except Mario is doin it with 4 and 5 star OL.
Smith is doing a better job last 2 years of smashmouth football with 2 star OL.
if Smith can do it with 2 Stars, then we have enough OL talent to play similarly.
i would like 4-5 star OL, but we do not need it to run successfully. Chip only has 1 nfl OL in his LT and his scheme runs downhill.
Freakin Fresno State runs downhill.
And we have our OL dancing line ballerinas.
Right on! I think it all goes back to our offensive philosophy. I h e watched tape on all of our kids on the OL. They were all very good if not great man drive blockers. SC needs a culture change and not just a coaching change. We need a real ********** for an OL coach, and a guy who appreciates punching the other teams Defense in the mouth. Every too program who has made the playoff runs base iso, and. Zone run schemes. No one runs lateral to the LOS. The kids we recruited have just not figured out him to do it. There is also the issue of not telegraphing our play calling, and that is a whole book of information. I called every play SC ran Saturday. Graham needs to be an OC at a JC!!!!!

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Well we would lose all our 5 star receivers. Plus those offenses are boring. Sorry but they are. This is USC. Bluest of Blue Bloods. We need a sexier offense for this market. Air raid brings in the recruits.
What 5 star receivers? Is there a single 5 star WR on this roster right now? London was a 4 star? In fact that’s the problem. There are no 5 Star WR’s to throw too. So how sexy is that air raid again?

USC has only had a hand full of 5 star WR’s in the last 10 years. Amon Ra, Juju Smith who I believe had the 5 star as an athlete/DB, Robert Woods 5 star, Devon Williams 5 star but transferred to Oregon.

Pitman was a 4 star
Tyler Vaughan 4 star

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
What 5 star receivers? Is there a single 5 star WR on this roster right now? London was a 4 star? In fact that’s the problem. There are no 5 Star WR’s to throw too. So how sexy is that air raid again?

USC has only had a hand full of 5 star WR’s in the last 10 years. Amon Ra, Juju Smith who I believe had the 5 star as an athlete/DB, Robert Woods 5 star, Devon Williams 5 star but transferred to Oregon.

Pitman was a 4 star
Tyler Vaughan 4 star
I believe Kyle Ford and Bru McCoy were 5 stars, though McCoy will not be back.

Reactions: Jay4usc

Bilbo.usc

Jan 9, 2020
Forget star rating .. it does not matter when you have poor coaching ..
Helton could make Bama roster look average
Football is a coaching medium .. without top flite coaching you have nothing

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Air raid is a gimmick, one-dimensional offense designed to bring marginally-talented recruits to Lubbock and Pullman, two of the most out-of-the-way places in CFB. Mike Bohn has successfully rebranded USC as the Texas Tech Red Raiders. #GunsUp
A freaking Men

The Air Raid has never won a single thing of any significance

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Forget star rating .. it does not matter when you have poor coaching ..
Helton could make Bama roster look average
Football is a coaching medium .. without top flite coaching you have nothing
No, Bama players would just give him a Noogie, and tell him to go sit in the corner “ We got this, coach”

Reactions: LDIABootney