Did CJ Stroud hurt his Heisman chances?

ACETrojan

Aug 24, 2017
He has stated that he won’t play in a Bowl unless osu gets into the playoffs. I personally understand the decision from a risk factor in terms of a potential injury but I have to wonder if he rubbed Heisman voters off the wrong way with this attitude. I hope he did. Lol

• Wow
Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Ride Fly

Aug 24, 2017
He has stated that he won’t play in a Bowl unless osu gets into the playoffs. I personally understand the decision from a risk factor in terms of a potential injury but I have to wonder if he rubbed Heisman voters off the wrong way with this attitude. I hope he did. Lol
yep. He lost all chances of winning. The HC should save their pennies and just invite Caleb. Stroud is done at tOSU

Who's High Pitch?

Sep 13, 2017
Maybe he's saying this as an attempt to get the playoff committee to take OSU over USC or TCU.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
While he’s no longer the favorite and I think it unlikely that he would win the Heisman, I I think he should have kept quiet for now. The Heisman ceremony is in 2 weeks, and his bowl game is likely to be an NY6 bowl. There was plenty of time to make it public if it was that important for him to do so.

TMBDave

Mar 15, 2019
While he’s no longer the favorite and I think it unlikely that he would win the Heisman, I I think he should have kept quiet for now. The Heisman ceremony is in 2 weeks, and his bowl game is likely to be an NY6 bowl. There was plenty of time to make it public if it was that important for him to do so.
I agree with this. From his school’s point of view, you might want to delay until after bowl selections are made so that they are best positioned to get selected higher. They will be fine regardless, but it seems silly to make the team a less attractive when there is no compelling reason to do so right now.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
I agree with this. From his school’s point of view, you might want to delay until after bowl selections are made so that they are best positioned to get selected higher. They will be fine regardless, but it seems silly to make the team a less attractive when there is no compelling reason to do so right now.
IDK. Now reports are saying the buckeyes don't want to be selected for the Rose Bowl....would rather PSU gets chosen. And their WR coach is now rumored to take Fickell's place at Cincinnati. Something going on with the buckeyes program right now. Stroud is looking out for Stroud. Can't blame him.

• Wow

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
He could have hurt his chances, but that presumes he had a chance. He doesn’t. This is Caleb’s to lose. Unless CW falls on his face, and I expect him to have a monster game, the Heisman race is over.

contracostatrojan

Aug 24, 2017
If true that they don't want the Rose Bowl, what incredible sore losers they are. I'm old fashioned and if I owned an NFL team, I would think twice about a player who doesn't finish the year with his teammates. I understand the risk-reward doesn't pan out if they get seriously hurt. For me it's a character issue.

Who's High Pitch?

Sep 13, 2017
If true that they don't want the Rose Bowl, what incredible sore losers they are. I'm old fashioned and if I owned an NFL team, I would think twice about a player who doesn't finish the year with his teammates. I understand the risk-reward doesn't pan out if they get seriously hurt. For me it's a character issue.
I think NFL owners view players like players with less wear and tear (for the money they are paying) than beat up ones.

Reactions: uscvball

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
I think Stroud knew he loss the lead. 9 games into the season, Stroud had a commanding lead. His last 3 games were mediocre performances and the loss to Michigan by a wide margin killed it for him. Mean while it was the opposite for Caleb; in his last 3 games Caleb went wild with strong games and over took Stroud's lead.

As of today, Caleb has a commanding lead and favorite to win the Heisman. Hopefully, we're not jinxing him. I think he will have a kick arse game vs Utah and pull out the PAC 12 Championship title...

Wow, C.LR has 2 Heisman winners: Baker Mayfield, QB, Kyler Murray, QB. 2nd place, Jalen Hurts, QB and now most likely a 3rd Heisman, Caleb Williams, QB. Man that's unreal. You're a top HS QB, if C.LR offers you, dang it's a no brainer and commit. No question, C.LR is a top QB Guru...

Last edited:

Latest posts