Domani Jackson

SC Mindstorm

Aug 24, 2017
He's looked good in the snaps he's gotten. Definitely has the natural talent to be a next level guy.

I don't mean to be nit-picky but there's one thing that bothered me. He had a couple of pass break ups that might have been interceptions. In both cases, with the ball popped up, still in play, his hands go to his head and he checks out. On the weird bounce that went right to the ASU receiver for the first down, if he doesn't immediately do that, but keeps jockeying for the ball, it's probably not a reception.

I know it's splitting hairs but, at the top level, it's a matter of inches and fractions of a second; especially as an elite corner. So I see talent but places to grown in maturity as well. Hopefully that's discussed with him in the film room.

Who's High Pitch?

Sep 13, 2017
He's looked good in the snaps he's gotten. Definitely has the natural talent to be a next level guy.

I don't mean to be nit-picky but there's one thing that bothered me. He had a couple of pass break ups that might have been interceptions. In both cases, with the ball popped up, still in play, his hands go to his head and he checks out. On the weird bounce that went right to the ASU receiver for the first down, if he doesn't immediately do that, but keeps jockeying for the ball, it's probably not a reception.

I know it's splitting hairs but, at the top level, it's a matter of inches and fractions of a second; especially as an elite corner. So I see talent but places to grown in maturity as well. Hopefully that's discussed with him in the film room.
Noticed that on the replay this morning and i thought "if it was NFL, the receiver would've got up and kept running while Domani sulked face down". He's a true freshman and I'm sure he improve in that aspect. He appears to have the physical tools.

Reactions: SC Mindstorm

mvpreed2

Aug 24, 2017
What you are talking about is something that can be coached up (or out) of him.
Remember, he went from being the best DB on the field at all times for the past 2-3 years.
Now, he is starting from the bottom (essentially) all over again.
I do not expect this out of Jackson in 2023 because he is going to be competing for that CB1 spot and MIGHT be in the conversation for top DB on the squad.
Yes, I said that knowing USC is expected to have both Bullocks and Williams (maybe) back.
I believe Jackson can be that good.
#FightOn

CP619

Aug 24, 2017
He's an absolute stud. Adoree, Daylon McCutcheon, Brian Kelly lockdown DB. Looks bigger than I expected.

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017

Domani Jackson, freshman right?
Yup, and missed his whole senior season due to his leg injury, after having a covid crazy 2020 junior season...did he even play in 2020?

Then missed this spring due to rehab activities . .

Reactions: SoCalN8tiv

Latest posts