Donte permanent head coach??

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Hiring an ex head coach has worked 3 times by my count. Urban Saban and Brian Kelly, can not say it is the only way to win. I could give you a lot of names that failed

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
You are a fawking liar.

Even when I prove with your own words, that you moved this thread into another direction besides football, you act innocent, and play the victim.

So in order to try and save face, you pull other posts that….surprise surprise, that are race related….that are completely irrelevant in this discussion in an attempt to discredit me. You can’t debate me on the merits of your arguments, so you try and polarize me with politically charged statements instead.

What a dishonest sack of shet you are.
No, I simply showed why I posted what I did in this thread. I was surprised and more than a little offended that you quoted me, after I’d made it clear I wanted no part of you.

And the only things race related in those quotes are from you

I get it, you just can’t quit me.

Are you on drugs?

Youre not very good at this, sweetcakes. I’m impervious to your insults and ineptitude

Last edited:

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Wrong, liar.

You whined you were trying to keep it polite and football related, when that was exposed as a lie, then you run to another thread, pull posts from that thread have nothing to do with this discussion. Classic strawman BS.
You did it because couldn’t refute my post, so you made it personal instead.

What I enjoy is showing the board what a dishonest turd you are, simply by using your words that you can’t recall typing.
No, I pulled out that thread because on it, I told you I wanted nothing to do with you. You’re obviously not smart enough to realize that’s all it was.
Now please, stop this BS, it’s tiresome and not a good look for you.

ok, you leave me no choice Officially Ignoring August West and am now unignoring September East and Mae West

Last edited:

Cardinalblood

Aug 24, 2017
Don't see it happening at all. We have an Oline that cannot block and no running game because of it. We will not win out without those crucial elements. Keeping any QB healthy behind this Oline is going to be a big factor this year and I doubt Keedon or Dart will make it through the season. Teams can rush four on us and get to our QB with ease! Donte is doing the best he can with what he's got and the Oline is not going to suddenly learn how to run block. This has been a problem for years now and until USC has a beast Oline and D line we will not even sniff the CFP.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

yah20002

Aug 24, 2017
If we can’t get a big name proven winner I don’t mind taking a shot with Donte (this is if he kills it the rest of the year and has us playing like Trojans
This. If he wins out, (because they will be underdogs against, ruins, ND, BYU, Oregon CCG, Bowl game), you’d be forced to give him serious consideration. I’m not sure you just shove that aside, especially if one of the ”proven” guys isn’t coming. When I use ”proven”, it means prior winning success at a BLUE BLOOD program. Not one these small-time, no expectations having, no playoff making, guys that won a few games with some 3* recruits.

Seriously, I read where people poop on a guy like Dan Quinn.…lol. Dude has prior NFL HC experience. Took a team to the Super Bowl, as a HC. Was DC for a Super Bowl winning team. Is a 360 degree pivot from the last few hires (all offensive guys). And, is currently coaching up the worst defense in Cowboy history, from last season.

mvpreed2

Aug 24, 2017
As much as I would love to read through the now...four pages of posts, I am not.
Here it is for me.

OCDW is going to change/shift the dynamic of this team by default.
As far as permanent HC, we still have some games that we SHOULD win.
The games I am going to be watching closely are Utah/Notre Dame/ASU/UCLA and BYU.
Those five games are going to hold more weight than whatever we do against OSU/Colorado/Arizona/Cal.
If (big if) we go 9-0, we will be highly ranked (again), will have won the PAC-12 South (again) and will be in the PAC-12 Championship Game (again).

All of these things happened when OCCH was running the show.
What's the point?
There is too much time left on the clock (for us) to try and make a knee-jerk reaction off of one game.
How about we see where we land on 11/28 and make more informed decisions?
After that WSU game, I say no on the HC nod, but I also don't make immediate decisions on an extremely small sample size.

I hope HCDW does win out, wins the PAC-12 South, wins the PAC-12 Championship, finishes in the top 10 nationally, makes a New Year's Six bowl game, wins that, and makes it tough for Bohn and his people to make a decision.
We need someone to make it tough (again) to see if we really do have the right people at USC calling the shots.
Of the last coaches I wanted: just won a chip in the SEC, the other one is the DC of one of the best DL/defensive units in the NFL.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
This. If he wins out, (because they will be underdogs against, ruins, ND, BYU, Oregon CCG, Bowl game), you’d be forced to give him serious consideration. I’m not sure you just shove that aside, especially if one of the ”proven” guys isn’t coming. When I use ”proven”, it means prior winning success at a BLUE BLOOD program. Not one these small-time, no expectations having, no playoff making, guys that won a few games with some 3* recruits.

Seriously, I read where people poop on a guy like Dan Quinn.…lol. Dude has prior NFL HC experience. Took a team to the Super Bowl, as a HC. Was DC for a Super Bowl winning team. Is a 360 degree pivot from the last few hires (all offensive guys). And, is currently coaching up the worst defense in Cowboy history, from last season.
This is a message board. We’re here to poop on everyone/everything…

Cardinalblood

Aug 24, 2017
Our OL, as a unit, has been a weak spot for a decade. We’ve had some great individual players, but the unit has been a hinderance to our success. We mask a lot of it with superior talent on the edges.
Coaching matters. The position coaches cannot be overlooked.
And another aspect of the team that needs a complete overhaul, hard reset is Strength & Conditioning. SC used to look like an NFL team walking out of the tunnel. T
For sure. I remember going to practice under Pete. I went usually twice a week. Those guys looked huge and yoked! When I went to games at home and away our guys looked bigger and they were bigger, stronger, and faster than most of the other teams we played against. Man, it was so obvious! So without the complete overhaul that you are talking about and that I agree with, this team is not going to win out this year which is what DW will have to do to even be considered as Head coach material for us. There is just no way!

GLYCERINE

Aug 24, 2017

I’ll take Quinn

Reactions: yah20002

JCakus

Aug 29, 2017
Our OL, as a unit, has been a weak spot for a decade. We’ve had some great individual players, but the unit has been a hinderance to our success. We mask a lot of it with superior talent on the edges.
Coaching matters. The position coaches cannot be overlooked.
And another aspect of the team that needs a complete overhaul, hard reset is Strength & Conditioning. SC used to look like an NFL team walking out of the tunnel. T
You do realize that Bohn hired Robert Stiner just in January?
I've been critical of our S&C program, but I think it takes more than one offseason for the full effect to be seen.
If by chance Stiner is kept on by the new HC, I would love to see his year 2 results.

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
Not what I’m saying. I’d rather have him kiss his QB on the cheek, in that wildly emotional and pivotal moment than every kid on the team coming off the bus.

I thought it was awesome, and the look on Dontes face after was great.

I don’t care about Clay and Toa. This ain’t the same thing IMO
I agree.

Who cares if he kisses a player on the cheek. It's the intensity. You could see as he was in players' ears. Intensity and accountability. I guarantee nobody should be questioning his toughness.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Who gives a rats *** about whether Blem Blam or August West is butt hurt or not? Take this crap private already. Be great if the moderators would step in and end this rant.
We aren’t beefing. He’s beefing. Read the thread. I also put him on ignore.

GLYCERINE

Aug 24, 2017
I‘m not playing the victim at all. I have a stalker. Everyone can see it. My one little semi insult isn’t a pimple on the ash vs years of insults from him.

What he doesn’t understand, is I absolutely love being in his head. It amuses me to no end. It’s probably the most amusing thing in my pitiful, desultory existence. It makes me get up in the morning, which at my age isn’t a given

Its probably the main reason I don’t have him on ignore. That, and I’m philosophically opposed to it. It’s a sign of weakness. But then, so is stalking someone who has never done anything to you personally.

Who is your stalker ..?

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
I honest to God have no idea who you are referring to? Realitytroll? I have that idiot on ignore so if he is posting I ain’t seeing it
No, not him. Wouldn’t waste my time calling him that. It would be disrespectful to my Real Stalker. He’s the best man, I love him so much, it hurts.

Give him about, oh I don’t know, five minutes and I’m sure he’ll come around. Dude never sleeps.

• Haha
Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

GLYCERINE

Aug 24, 2017
No, not him. Wouldn’t waste my time calling him that. It would be disrespectful to my Real Stalker. He’s the best man, I love him so much, it hurts.

Give him about, oh I don’t know, five minutes and I’m sure he’ll come around. Dude never sleeps.

How about you stop being a cheap sumbitch and pay your membership so you can PM the name ….

Or you can just say it here…..

Let’s not have another poop emergency

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
If you don't agree with someone's perspective on a game, coaching, or other football related issues, please don't attack other poster's integrity. Post your own perspective and allow the discussion to progress on it's own.
So memes, making fun of another poster's comments, and "liking" derogatory posts would fall under the "bad idea" category?

Rigged4fun

Aug 24, 2017
I don't believe Stiner is the total solution to the O-Line problem. I believe it's the structure of the O-Line play within the offense. The lineman seem to be taught to read and react as you would for passing protection not running plays. It would result in blockers being on the heels rather than on the balls of their feet, and therefore compromised. I'm sure a decent line coach could be much more informational about the line play and balance. My point is, that no matter how much strength you have, if you're not on balance you have no strength. The construction of the air raid offense is based upon getting the ball out quickly to have the receiver in open spaces rather than what John McKay would call "student body right/left." Of course this is my observation and I'm sure others may have other opinions. The point is, I believe once the offense is changed to a more conventional style the O-Line will be able to play with strength as they have been taught before coming to SC.

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
and we’re still soft…..Personally, I don’t like the AD hiring anyone other than the HC. The HC should be filling the staff, not Bohn. But this is another reason why Clay was so inept. Literally had no Rolodex. This was Kiffin and Sark’s problem as well.

The next HC needs to bring his guy(s) in.

We need a clean, hard reset. Complete gutting of the FB program and let the new HC build his program, his way, with his guys.
That’s what I’m saying we do not need to continue any of this. Burn it down an start over.

Reactions: August West

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
I would love to see Donte get hired, that means we would have had a great season, but being honest we do not have the players to win the conference and I think that is what it would take. Let's get realistic, we also will not be hiring Dabo Sweeny or Mario Cristobal, and Urban Meyer is a moon shot away. We need to work with what we can achieve. I like Campbell straight up but after that we need to consider assistants along with the others.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
How about you stop being a cheap sumbitch and pay your membership so you can PM the name ….

Or you can just say it here…..

Let’s not have another poop emergency
Ah, you figured it out.

I’m not sure what you mean by cheap?
I’m a monthly Subscriber on USC Poop, I mean Scoop, and I also paid the $10 on here before the sites merged.
who else am I supposed to give money to?

Reactions: Pudly76

Rigged4fun

Aug 24, 2017
Alabama and Oklahoma line up in shotgun formation on 95% of their plays today.

It has nothing to do with formation or scheme.

SC is weak mentally and physically.
I wasn't talking formation, I'm talking about the Air Raid scheme. The scheme calls for quick passing primarily, and if the QB doesn't get the ball out quickly he's toast. It's a different mentality than normal pass blocking and even tougher to run from. It has nothing to do with shotgun or any other formation.

GLYCERINE

Aug 24, 2017
Ah, you figured it out.

I’m not sure what you mean by cheap?
I’m a monthly Subscriber on USC Poop, I mean Scoop, and I also paid the $10 on here before the sites merged.
who else am I supposed to give money to?

I’m just kidding

Public disclaimer:

I have a lot of my plate….. so I come here to relax , be silly, have a good laugh and at times have meaningful conversation.

I’m not here to be very serious or involve myself in energy sucking endeavors

Trubb

Sep 3, 2021
How quickly our board ADs forget…one of the (many) problems with Helton was his limited Rolodex. When his Dad’s friends flamed out as assistant coaches he had no one to call.

Who will Donte call when Orlando and Harrell leave? What kind of staff will he assemble? It’s ONE of the more important aspects of the HC job and why you want experience. Not just can he beat a really poor team but can he lead a staff of assistants to sustained wins.
See people like this really don't keep up with sports. Donte been around most of the best. Clay was lost without a vision, so he asked and instead of going after elite coordinators who had more weight and respect.

Latest posts