Everyone wants to be a Trojan

jbreezy7

Jun 9, 2020
Football recruits, you can go to a school that has recliners in there lockers OR you can go to a school where celebrities are literally cheating to get their kids in! Then you have the likes of Kobe, Obama and countless other A lister daughters sitting next to you in Psych class...yeah that happening in Tuscaloosa! Add the LA only NIL package and throw a halfway decent facility on the 2 yr plan and there will be no competition for us period!

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
I grew up in Southern California. It was whole different world back then. There was USC and UCLA and the LA Rams. The Lakers and Dodgers had yet to move here. USC pretty much owned the Rosebowl. There was Johnny Arnette, The McKeever boys, CR Roberts et al. My coached went to USC. If you wanted to play college football going to USC was every kid's dream. Back then they could recruit 100 kids. Lots of great players sat on the bench who could have started on any other team in the country. We had the pick of the litter. John McKay was interested in 3 of us. My coach took us down to USC. In those days the coach sent out 8mm film the players. Craig Fertig gave us the grand tour. He was so young then. I saw him years later at the Rosebowl when we played Texas. I was shocked to see him. He lived a hard life and not aged well. Still a great guy to talk to after all those years. I was very sad to see him pass so young. USC back then had Pete Beatherd, Bill Nelson, Damon Bame, Willie Brown and Hal Bedsole on that team. That we had 3 QBs the caliber of Nelson, Beatherd, and Fertig was a tribute to McKay and Goux's recruiting ability. I was a decent player but doubt I would have gotten much playing time with the NC talent they had on that team.

Last edited:

troypwr

Aug 24, 2017
Off the top of my head,
Arnold Schwarzenneger's kid Patrick
Jamie Foxx's kid Corinne
Phil Collin's kid Lily

I'm sure a few more that we don't know. Plus young celebs like America Ferrera, Laura Marano, Miranda Cosgrove...

Reactions: DAVIDOFUSC

Who's High Pitch?

Sep 13, 2017
Off the top of my head,
Jamie Foxx's kid Corinne
Phil Collin's kid Lily

I'm sure a few more that we don't know. Plus young celebs like America Ferrera, Laura Marano, Miranda Cosgrove...
I saw America Ferrera tailgating across from my group near vkc a few seasons ago. I don't know her, or too familiar with her work, but still, something nice about seeing her decked out in C & G having a good time.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Off the top of my head,
Jamie Foxx's kid Corinne
Phil Collin's kid Lily

Dr. Dre's daughter, Jeff Foxworthy's daughter, Dr. Phil's son

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Football recruits, you can go to a school that has recliners in there lockers OR you can go to a school where celebrities are literally cheating to get their kids in! Then you have the likes of Kobe, Obama and countless other A lister daughters sitting next to you in Psych class...yeah that happening in Tuscaloosa! Add the LA only NIL package and throw a halfway decent facility on the 2 yr plan and there will be no competition for us period!
This looks like it is supposed to be a USC endorsement but frankly.....it's the opposite.

Varsity Blues did not make USC look appealing, it was embarrassing to know the school sucked at so many levels of verification. It was about wealth privilege and celebrity ego. Idiots who thought their kid being at USC, made THEM look more impressive.

Who really cares if an "A lister daughter" is a classmate? What the eff difference does it make?

A "halfway decent facility" makes for no competition? Lol. Okay. If you're a "halfway decent dude" does that knock out the competition for those A lister daughters?

Everybody doesn't want the LA lifestyle or environment. Some do, a lot don't. Plenty of players come from small towns and prefer to stay in small towns. There is enough talent to go around several of the top programs. But when Saban starts to flash all those rings at recruits, THAT is what's happening in Tuscaloosa.

Who's High Pitch?

Sep 13, 2017
This looks like it is supposed to be a USC endorsement but frankly.....it's the opposite.

Varsity Blues did not make USC look appealing, it was embarrassing to know the school sucked at so many levels of verification. It was about wealth privilege and celebrity ego. Idiots who thought their kid being at USC, made THEM look more impressive.

Who really cares if an "A lister daughter" is a classmate? What the eff difference does it make?

A "halfway decent facility" makes for no competition? Lol. Okay. If you're a "halfway decent dude" does that knock out the competition for those A lister daughters?

Everybody doesn't want the LA lifestyle or environment. Some do, a lot don't. Plenty of players come from small towns and prefer to stay in small towns. There is enough talent to go around several of the top programs. But when Saban starts to flash all those rings at recruits, THAT is what's happening in Tuscaloosa.
Yeah but it's also not a deterrent. Plenty of players from around the country came to SC when Pete was coaching and Snoop and will Ferrell were on the sidelines. Celebrities are definitely part of the appeal for the football program.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Yes, even scumbag, coward. community organizing ex-presidents can be forgiven once his kid enrolls at SC.
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018

Party pooper… 🙃

Reactions: TrojanSigma

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Yeah but it's also not a deterrent. Plenty of players from around the country came to SC when Pete was coaching and Snoop and will Ferrell were on the sidelines. Celebrities are definitely part of the appeal for the football program.
Didn't say it was a deterrent. But nobody should be touting Varsity Blues as a "plus" category item and it's weak sauce to use the celebrity card. Sure some people like it, including players, I'm just not one of them. Fame is a joke in that sense. What do any of them really know or care about the school? Which of them, especially the alums like Ferrell, have EVER spoken out about all the scandals? Phuque em.
Party pooper… 🙃
I get it comes across that way. It's just pathetic to me that those arguments would be used to tout USC. Compete and win. That will do it.

Who's High Pitch?

Sep 13, 2017
Didn't say it was a deterrent. But nobody should be touting Varsity Blues as a "plus" category item and it's weak sauce to use the celebrity card. Sure some people like it, including players, I'm just not one of them. Fame is a joke in that sense. What do any of them really know or care about the school? Which of them, especially the alums like Ferrell, have EVER spoken out about all the scandals? Phuque em.

I get it comes across that way. It's just pathetic to me that those arguments would be used to tout USC. Compete and win. That will do it.
Agree. I couldn't care less about a celebrity. But I don't think any of the celebrity students mentioned in this thread were part of that scandal, nor is anyone touting the scandal as a positive. It's just part of the landscape at SC, even from the time I went there. And when the teams win, it generates buzz and excitement. Recruits like that kind of buzz and excitement.

Reactions: Pudly76

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017

Trojans should always take the high road!! But if some calls an ex president a scum ball pour on the likes.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Trojans should always take the high road!! But if some calls an ex president a scum ball pour on the likes.
"The problem Trump and all his boot lickers face is this fake election nonsense."

Equivocate much? My post had nothing to do with politics. It had to do with elitism, privilege, and the pathetic practice of worshipping people simply because they act or sing or have well-known parents.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
"The problem Trump and all his boot lickers face is this fake election nonsense."

Equivocate much? My post had nothing to do with politics. It had to do with elitism, privilege, and the pathetic practice of worshipping people simply because they act or sing or have well-known parents.
You gave one of you many lectures on morals and ethics, but post a like on the scumbag post. You like to have it both ways. You are against politics 50% of the time. Just calling what I see.

Reactions: aimeedee

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018

Two things..
First, don’t take my post as serious criticism, it wasn’t (sorta-kinda) just funnin around.

Second, if only athletic success mattered and nothing else, then why do ALL THISE SCHOOLS (georgia and bama included) spend so much on neon and glitter in their facilities? Shiny things will always matter to kids. Always have and always will. And that extends to who they rub elbows with, and who they might connect with professionally after their athletic careers.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
You gave one of you many lectures on morals and ethics, but post a like on the scumbag post. You like to have it both ways. You are against politics 50% of the time. Just calling what I see.
No, I didn't post a "like"....it was the "laughing" emoticon because I thought the post was funny in response to the post he quoted. See the difference? I laughed when I read it. If you want to take that as an endorsement, that's your business but it doesn't make your comment true...or accurate.

I'm not against politics at all. The rules here are what they are. Big difference.
Two things..
First, don’t take my post as serious criticism, it wasn’t (sorta-kinda) just funnin around.

Second, if only athletic success mattered and nothing else, then why do ALL THISE SCHOOLS (georgia and bama included) spend so much on neon and glitter in their facilities? Shiny things will always matter to kids. Always have and always will. And that extends to who they rub elbows with, and who they might connect with professionally after their athletic careers.
Your criticism was fair. I have no problems with it and I knew how it would come across.

It's not the only thing obviously, but I do think it's the main thing. Winning is more important than a super nice workout facility. I agree that some level of shiny things does matter otherwise, Oregon would never have gotten the recruits. Well, shiny and $$ anyway. For some kids, they find it "cool" to be on the sidelines with Snoop Dogg. Others don't care. I find in hilarious and sad that anyone would care if an A-lister progeny is sitting next to them in a class. BFD! Football players spend more time in a non-traditional class than an actual classroom anyway, especially during the season. If the shiny things were "all that", nobody would be in Tuscaloosa. The most talented players are focused beyond, say.....
1643050305280.png

Of course Kayvon said he picked Oregon because of their "academics". Lol.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
No, I didn't post a "like"....it was the "laughing" emoticon because I thought the post was funny in response to the post he quoted. See the difference? I laughed when I read it. If you want to take that as an endorsement, that's your business but it doesn't make your comment true...or accurate.

I'm not against politics at all. The rules here are what they are. Big difference.

Your criticism was fair. I have no problems with it and I knew how it would come across.

It's not the only thing obviously, but I do think it's the main thing. Winning is more important than a super nice workout facility. I agree that some level of shiny things does matter otherwise, Oregon would never have gotten the recruits. Well, shiny and $$ anyway. For some kids, they find it "cool" to be on the sidelines with Snoop Dogg. Others don't care. I find in hilarious and sad that anyone would care if an A-lister progeny is sitting next to them in a class. BFD! Football players spend more time in a non-traditional class than an actual classroom anyway, especially during the season. If the shiny things were "all that", nobody would be in Tuscaloosa. The most talented players are focused beyond, say.....
View attachment 177657

Of course Kayvon said he picked Oregon because of their "academics". Lol.
Everyone needs elites and all schools have them.. I wish we had more.

Merlin4SC

Jun 23, 2021
For a long time my chief complaint against CPC was bringing Calvin Broadus aka "snoop dog" around the practice field. Having fun with celebs didn't need to involve dirtbag Criminoles. Otherwise we stayed fairly disciplined.