Expect a new coach announcement on Jan. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDA

Aug 29, 2008
Mullen is going to Florida and Martinez will be his DC. This is why State has not moved on the matter. Foley and crew knew about this 2 weeks ago and contacted Mullen. He took the job and Cam contacted Auburn due to not being able to follow Mullen due to Foley. Our new coach has been lined up and will be making around 2.3 million in part due to a financial agreement made with FL to get Mullen. FL will announce Mullen the day after the Sugar Bowl and we will announce on Jan. 5th. More later.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
1. I believe that there is a 90% chance that Mullen would go to UF if offered the job. I couldn't blame him.
2. I believe that there is a 90% chance that Florida doesn't offer him. They have enough money and prestige to go after a big boy with a proven record. I think the job is Whittingham's to turn down followed by the likes of Petersen, Patterson and Butch Davis. Some people mention Jim Harbaugh but if that one came down to a money thing for him, Florida couldn't touch Stanford on that one if Stanford wanted to pony up.
3. If we do lose Mullen, in Byrne I trust. He would pull out all the stops on the hire because he sees just what a little hope has done for our program since Mullen has been here and I promise you that he doesn't want to lose that.

titus.sixpack

Dec 2, 2008
Mullen doesn't have a bowl game to coach and Byrne would not let it drag out a week. If Mullen is a done deal, it would be announced this week.

Xartox

May 28, 2007
I must say the fact that we haven't moved in on DC does lend some credibility. Looking back over the last 2-3 weeks makes your conspiracy that much more plausible.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
it will be announced at least within 48 hours. There would be absolutely NO reason to wait until after the Sugar Bowl. That wouldn't even make sense.

hankp

Sep 13, 2008
TheBigDA said:
Mullen is going to Florida and Martinez will be his DC. This is why State has not moved on the matter. Foley and crew knew about this 2 weeks ago and contacted Mullen. He took the job and Cam contacted Auburn due to not being able to follow Mullen due to Foley. Our new coach has been lined up and will be making around 2.3 million in part due to a financial agreement made with FL to get Mullen. FL will announce Mullen the day after the Sugar Bowl and we will announce on Jan. 5th. More later.
Let me guess: Meyer also waited for Charlie Strong to get a HC job so he is no longer a candidate therefore opening the door for UF to take Mullen. If you are going to post a crazy theory, you might as well include that nugget of info.

TheBigDA

Aug 29, 2008
1) Florida doesn't want to take the shine off this being Meyer's last game. Kinda his going away party/don't steal the spotlight thing.

2) Both schools have to interview a minority candidate. State can probably get a pass on this due to the Croom experiment, but Slive wants the dog and pony show to keep it looking like the conference is "trying". The biggest problem happening here is getting someone to interview for a filled position. One name that may possibly be asked to interview is Nix.

Stay tuned.

TheBigDA

Aug 29, 2008
This is especially the case since Spurrier. However, if you look at the stats during their good years it has been in part to a stellar D. Anyway, they want and will always want a HC/face of the team to be a offense guy. O puts people in the stands, and gets the money flowing (see MSU this year). Strong knows this and wanted to be a HC so he took what he thinks is his shot.

catvet

May 11, 2009
Since you seem to know details, who will be our next coach?

pgddawg

Oct 19, 2009
I do believe that is why Charlie Strong left. Florida and Foley have known about this for a while and I believe they told Charlie Strong he was not in the running for the position. The evidence that leads me to believe this is Billy Gonzalez leaving Florida as a WR coach to join LSU as a WR coach. Gonzalez has been with Meyer for a while, and even played under him at Colorado State. He left to go to LSU about two weeks ago. I can't imagine why he would leave UF to go to LSU for the same position, especially when WR coach at UF is probably easier to handle. The only way I figure he did this is because he knew Meyer would step down, which in turn Charlie Strong did as well and took the Louisville job because he knew he was not going to be considered. This is why I believe we are safe with Mullen. If they did not offer Charlie Strong, I don't believe they would offer an unproven head coach in Mullen. Florida has the money, talent, prestige, and recruiting potential that would make any coach out there think twice about turning that job down. I think Florida goes out and gets a proven head coach: Wittingham from Utah and Peterson at Boise are the two that come to my mind first. I do not believe Florida will offer Mullen simply because he was under Meyer's great offense. Florida made that loyalty mistake in 2002 with Ron Zook, and i do not think they will put themselves in that position to make that same mistake again, especially after the success of the last 4 years.

TJB53

Mar 3, 2008
Charlie Strong, not Tyrone Nix.
It would be disingenuous for Foley to say that he didn't want to interview Nix because Nix just accepted the HC job at Louisville, and, then turn around an hire Mullen who has only been at MSU for a year.

DA, you should have shut it down after your first post. You nailed that one. That was Eggbowlvianly diabolical. It even had Mutt on the hook and Mutt doesn't hit much bait.

But, you ran with it and now look at it...

It's like watching an ice sculpture melt at a Vegas wedding reception...

TheBigDA

Aug 29, 2008
Nix will probably be asked to interview for us. MS connections, traditional strong D school, etc. etc.

UnderclassHero

Oct 9, 2009
Newton was contacted and explained the situation. He was told to contact Auburn so that he could build a relationship with our new head coach Gus Malzahn. This way with him knowing, he would wouldn't commit to Oklahoma after hearing Mullen would be leaving. Also by getting Gus Malzahn as our head coach, we are getting Michael Dyer and Shon Coleman to come to State.

allconspiracyku

DawgOfTheWest

Jan 22, 2009
HeY BigDA nice call MORON!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! another **** starter that doesn't know his *** from a whole in the ground has been EXPOSED. I love it when Idiots get caught being Idiots.

Bullyfan87

Mar 14, 2009
DawgOfTheWest said:
HeY BigDA nice call MORON!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! another **** starter that doesn't know his *** from a <font color="#FF0000">whole</font> in the ground has been EXPOSED. I love it when Idiots get caught being Idiots.
Speaking of idiots...

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
<div class="mediaContainer"> <span class="outline">
</span> </div>

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
that Byrne would want to hire or interview a guy whose defense we just tore through with four plays? That doesn't make any sense at all. You are aware that LT is no longer our AD?

sardis

Dec 3, 2008
to keep players and recruits in line till they are ready to announce new coach.

AssEndDawg

Aug 1, 2007
I thought it would be hard to unseat Cowbell9 but even he leaves himself a little wiggle room. To come out this forcefully and get humiliated in few hours has to hurt. Congrats on being the least trusted poster on this board. What a %#++##! idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.