Ferrari out at OKST; UPDATE -- now charged

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
The reason is ugly. He might not be able to transfer this year.

ClarkstonMark

Oct 12, 2021

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
My dad’s car after being head-onned by a guy in a Cadillac Escalade on crack. Dad ended up in rehab and never got back to normal living. He had a great sense of humor, one of the most fair men you could ever meet. Former Marine, family man, wrestling fan. Miss you dad.
I hope for the best for AJ and trust he figures life out. Peace out.

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
I guarantee you he would not have these accidents under Cael. No way. AJs ego gets in his way. Cael preaches to put egos aside and focus on your craft. John Smith is a nice guy but has no control over his program. Completely opposite of PSU. He had the opportunity but choose to wrestle at Oklahoma State.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
I guarantee you he would not have these accidents under Cael. No way. AJs ego gets in his way. Cael preaches to put egos aside and focus on your craft. John Smith is a nice guy but has no control over his program. Completely opposite of PSU. He had the opportunity but choose to wrestle at Oklahoma State.

First, sexual assault is not an accident. Second, it has happened under Cael.

Corneliuswonder

Nov 1, 2021
Yeah, it was a while ago, but Cael clearly liked Andrew Long so much that he brought Long with him from Iowa State, only to have him sexually assault a woman in State College.

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
Agree. Cael was trying to give Andrew another opportunity and mentor him. I’m talking about a kid that he recruited. AJ will probably just transfer.

Reactions: PSUBigAl

ptomaselli

Oct 6, 2021
Why did Smith/OK State and he part ways so quickly? It certainly sends the message that they do not believe AJ.

Does Iowa scoop him up?

Reactions: smealpsu05

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Agree. Cael was trying to give Andrew another opportunity and mentor him. I’m talking about a kid that he recruited. AJ will probably just transfer.
I’m not sure how hard Cael recruited Ferrari. He’s had baggage for a long time.

smealpsu05

Oct 8, 2021
Dude, we had a wrestler sexually assault a MILF.... Kids do stupid things regardless of program.

Reactions: Lionlaw

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Two of these sentences are true, and one of those not in the way intended.

Reactions: Lionlaw

WPB_lion

Oct 7, 2021
I am sorry but the foregoing post reeks of the "holier than thou" attitude that got thrown back in our faces during the Sandusky scandal. Cael, like Joe Paterno, is a great coach and a great person. However, he has an entire program to oversee, including 20+ other collegiate wrestlers, his assistant coaches, and and the NLWC. It is impossible for him to baby sit each wrestler and ensure that every bad egg wrestler on the team is molded into a responsible citizen. Coaches can only do so much. It is extremely arrogant to say there is "no way" these "accidents" happen to Ferrari under Cael.

Ferrari is a damaged soul who needs more than a good coach to become a good person. He needs individual counseling and a desire to change his ways, neither of which currently appear to exist. If AJ Ferrari came to PSU, I believe Cael would have attempted to tame Ferrari's ego. I am sure Coach Smith did as well. Regardless, I believe Ferrari still would have acted like an a-hole at PSU, would have gotten in trouble at PSU, and would have been kicked off the team, just like he did at OSU.

While PSU wrestlers have not gotten into a lot of trouble while Cael has been at PSU, IMO, this is mostly because Cael recruits high character wrestlers who do not need a baby sitter when they come to PSU. He has not taken in a bunch of damaged personalities and magically turned them into the great people. He has mostly started out with high character wrestlers who, to Cael's credit, he keeps on the straight and narrow.

Last edited:

My Master

Nov 23, 2021
Derek fix may have more than a cream and clear problem
Whipped Cream Prank GIF by Vidiots

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
FWIW, Flo reported today that AJ is in the transfer portal.

It will be interesting to see how other teams/other schools handle this.

The Presumption of Innocence, while not specified in the Constitution, is a hallmark of US jurisprudence. As such, AJ deserves that presumption until such time as he is convicted (assuming that things get to that point).

However, programs, and universities, do not have to presume anything, and they do have to answer to their fans, their alumni, their AD, their President, their BOT, etc.

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but I would be surprised if any D1 program, or the University they are a part of, is willing to accept AJ before this entire issue is resolved.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but I would be surprised if any D1 program, or the University they are a part of, is willing to accept AJ before this entire issue is resolved.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some/many/all athletic departments have set policies about not allowing an athlete to be on the team if they have an active restraining order against them or if they are charged with certain crimes. I wouldn’t be surprised if some/many/all universities have similar policies for enrollment as well.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I wouldn’t be surprised if some/many/all athletic departments have set policies about not allowing an athlete to be on the team if they have an active restraining order against them or if they are charged with certain crimes. I wouldn’t be surprised if some/many/all universities have similar policies for enrollment as well.
I wouldn’t be surprised if many universities ignored those policies to get a guy like Ferrari in their lineup.

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
Guilty or not, right. But the guy Did pass other cars in a no passing zone. He Did run head on into an oncoming vehicle. He Was then taken to a hospital with significant injuries. He Did miss his conference and NCAA tournament due to these injuries.
He Allegedly shot a semi automatic weapon from a car. His postings on social media Are suspect. I dunno, would rutgres even want him..?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Another aspect of this that I hadn't thought of. AJ likes to give wrestling clinics. I can't speak to each state's rules, but in general most youth sports, youth sports camps, etc. require any adults that participate in the event to "pass" a government/law enforcement review against sexual abuse, child abuse, etc.

I really don't know all the levels of such reviews, but I suspect that a protective order being issued against you probably wouldn't be an issue. As for sexual abuse, I don't know if a charge of such would cause someone to fail the review, or if you had to be convicted of such to fail the review.

• Wow
Reactions: My Master

Latest posts