Freeze isn't a psycho, mental midget, or any of the other things people throw out.....

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
His problem, like SO many other people, is that he simply cares way too much about what other people think. It's all about image/reputation/etc. Putting on a show. What car you drive, who you know, how popular you are. So, combined with all these other factors - being a famous football coach making big money on the big stage, and wearing his faith on his sleeve - add up to where he's at.

None of his 'sins' are any different than anyone else. He cheated on his wife, he got a couple hookers, he oversaw the payment of recruits (which doesn't even matter anymore) - they are bad but in the same vein as many other coaches. Jimbo got divorced, Sark drinks, whatever, things happen.

Social media isn't his problem either, it's the USE of it. He can't handle someone thinking of him in a way he doesn't like. Then add the legalistic Baptist side of it where he wants to demonize some sin but not all sin, and it multiplies this 'care what others think' type stuff.

I mean, just picture your typical FBC Anywhere type who's really into it and doesn't drink because it's what the 'bad crew' does, but someone thinks it's ok to eat fat-tastic casseroles after church and hook up with girls and doesn't seem to see the hypocrisy in that, likely because of the childhood brainwashing. Then add the part about being obsessed with the outer image (he said it himself in how he wanted to be associated with the 'good' coaches early in his career). Now add money and fame on top of that. Did anyone expect otherwise?

So let's don't act like he's one bad guy. There's a LOT of these folks out there, they just aren't good football coaches. And I wouldn't even say these folks are bad people, they just have this flaw that consumes them. Maybe it's just human nature.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
It’s the blatant hypocrisy that bothers everyone so much. When he speaks you know he’s full of crap. That’s why it’s so cringe. I put Dabo in a similar category but he hasn’t been busted with hookers and he’s won a couple of natties.

I just can’t stand the way Dabo makes a big show of himself. I’m sitting there listening to the commentators talk about Dabo’s emphasis on faith in recruiting meanwhile he’s going nuts on the sideline throwing his headset and screaming cuss words at the refs. It’s gross.

Back to Freeze. If your daughter had to undress in front of him at school I bet you would want his nuts on a platter. The dude is a creep, it goes beyond being a narcissist and hypocrite. 17 that rat faced weirdo.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Star Trek GIF

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
His penance was getting millions of dollars to coach football at Liberty instead of in the SEC. Kind of makes his contrition less believable. If he quit football and became a missionary in Rwanda or Ukraine, maybe people wouldn’t question his turn around. But he wants all the credit for repentance but none of the dramatic change. That’s what it looks like from the outside. Who’s to say what’s really going on? But that’s how it looks. So people are skeptical.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
His problem, like SO many other people, is that he simply cares way too much about what other people think. It's all about image/reputation/etc. Putting on a show. What car you drive, who you know, how popular you are. So, combined with all these other factors - being a famous football coach making big money on the big stage, and wearing his faith on his sleeve - add up to where he's at.

None of his 'sins' are any different than anyone else. He cheated on his wife, he got a couple hookers, he oversaw the payment of recruits (which doesn't even matter anymore) - they are bad but in the same vein as many other coaches. Jimbo got divorced, Sark drinks, whatever, things happen.

Social media isn't his problem either, it's the USE of it. He can't handle someone thinking of him in a way he doesn't like. Then add the legalistic Baptist side of it where he wants to demonize some sin but not all sin, and it multiplies this 'care what others think' type stuff.

I mean, just picture your typical FBC Anywhere type who's really into it and doesn't drink because it's what the 'bad crew' does, but someone thinks it's ok to eat fat-tastic casseroles after church and hook up with girls and doesn't seem to see the hypocrisy in that, likely because of the childhood brainwashing. Then add the part about being obsessed with the outer image (he said it himself in how he wanted to be associated with the 'good' coaches early in his career). Now add money and fame on top of that. Did anyone expect otherwise?

So let's don't act like he's one bad guy. There's a LOT of these folks out there, they just aren't good football coaches. And I wouldn't even say these folks are bad people, they just have this flaw that consumes them. Maybe it's just human nature.
1669837498521.png

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Oh, so someone else running his account was sending those DMs to the sexual assault victim. Well, OK then. I take it all back. You've hired an upstanding coach there, Auburn. I'm just glad both of my nieces have graduated and don't live there anymore.
1669837518563.png

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Somebody put some version of this on Twitter today and I think it fits this situation really well, especially when he says things like "when people hear the truth". I can't find it, but it was some facsimile of this:

The person commits 10, but never actually admits to committing 10.
The person repeatedly claims they committed 0.
After the person is caught red-handed committing 10, they put out a tear-filled apology for committing 5.
The public sees this confession of committing 5 as a mea culpa and proof the person has learned their lesson and are deserving of forgiveness, despite the fact that the person actually committed 10 and 5 never actually happened.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
In my 65+ years of existence here on planet earth it has been my hard learned experience that folks who always have to tell you how good of a person (or Christian) they are, generally speaking, are not as good of a person (or Christian) they wish to portray themselves as.
You’d think a zealous Christian Football Coach Preacher would know about Proverbs 27:2.

But he’s probably too busy defending against his “persecution” to do much book readin’

FQDawg

May 1, 2006

Why you gotta bring casseroles into all this?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Somebody put some version of this on Twitter today and I think it fits this situation really well, especially when he says things like "when people hear the truth". I can't find it, but it was some facsimile of this:

After the person is caught red-handed committing 10, they put out a tear-filled apology for committing 5.
The public sees this confession of committing 5 as a mea culpa and proof the person has learned their lesson and are deserving of forgiveness, despite the fact that the person actually committed 10 and 5 never actually happened.
Exactly. Has he ever actually admitted to doing anything wrong?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

The level of ego behind what he said there just backs everything up. Of course, that comes from a different place - he's a popular guy, likable and a very good talker.
I wouldn't call him likable. I'm sure I have been fooled before, and will be fooled again, but I generally tend to pick up on people like him early on and don't like them. Often it is a puzzle to those around me why I don't like them and I can't fully articulate it. Inevitably the person does something that reveals who they really are and I get some version of "You never did like that guy did you?". No, no I didn't.

jxndawg

Dec 26, 2009
Prob not too long before Covid, I ran across a flyer on FB for some kind of faith-based marriage counseling/strengthening-type retreat with Freeze as a headliner. The subject he was going to cover was something along the lines of, "Leveraging your past mistakes for a brighter future." And it hit me like a ton of bricks that he and I have a very, very different understanding of the cross. Sins are things you try to humbly reconcile with the offended party, and with God. They are not something that you use for an advantage at a later date.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Why you gotta bring casseroles into all this?
haha, more of the cancer causing, processed food containing, weight gaining aspect and how that compares to the evils of the devil's juice.

Of course, as Freeze's reverend buddy at Bellevue would rationalize, "I'd rather meet fat bubba on a 2-lane road at 2 am than drunk bubba". I suppose he's got a point, but that doesn't really address the dangerous part of it assuming folks don't drink and drive.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I wouldn't call him likable. I'm sure I have been fooled before, and will be fooled again, but I generally tend to pick up on people like him early on and don't like them. Often it is a puzzle to those around me why I don't like them and I can't fully articulate it. Inevitably the person does something that reveals who they really are and I get some version of "You never did like that guy did you?". No, no I didn't.
Are you by chance an introvert? I too have this ability of which you speak. So, due to this, I've never really had to deal with this necessity to protect my image as Freeze apparently struggles with. Therefore, I try not to judge too much. I do a lot of people watching, and worrying about image seems to be the way of the world. I think I read that every 1 of 4 people are introverted.

And to add, extroverted/introverted has nothing to do with caring about what others think. It's just that it SEEMS that most introverts don't have that issue as much.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Are you by chance an introvert? I too have this ability of which you speak. So, due to this, I've never really had to deal with this necessity to protect my image as Freeze apparently struggles with. Therefore, I try not to judge too much. I do a lot of people watching, and worrying about image seems to be the way of the world. I think I read that every 1 of 4 people are introverted.

And to add, extroverted/introverted has nothing to do with caring about what others think. It's just that it SEEMS that most introverts don't have that issue as much.
I test on the E/I line. I can be "on" when needed for business/social/etc. but that is a learned behavior. I can also be very content alone decompressing, reading, whatever. I'm OK being alone with me. I do think that the fact that I've never really cared as much as others about what people think, it has saved me from pursuing friendships with Freeze-like people just because they were popular. If my BS meter goes off, I just move on.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012

Yeah you've pretty much given the textbook definition of narcissism. Not fun people to be around when the going gets tough, as they will always chunk your *** under the bus and lying is as easy as breathing when it protects their interests. In fact, that's what got him in all his trouble in the first place - he decided to put all the blame for infractions on the former guy, and that started the ball rolling on his phone records. Leach for all his weirdness is a very different and much more human personality.

Last edited:

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
In my 65+ years of existence here on planet earth it has been my hard learned experience that folks who always have to tell you how good of a person (or Christian) they are, generally speaking, are not as good of a person (or Christian) they wish to portray themselves as.
Christians who do that are not grasping a HUGE part of what Christianity is about. Let others say those things about you, yet still be humble in your faith. To not feel humble seems to me to indicate they don't fully understand & appreciate the sacrifice & gift Christ gave us all.

Reactions: yakalot2

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010

As Wetzel wrote, he & OM lied their asses off to keep players & recruits from jumping ship until it was too late. They knew they were headed for sanctions and bowl bans, but told players, parents, recruits & HS coaches it was nothing big like that, they would not get hit hard because it had mostly happened under Nutt. Goes WAY beyond ego & cheating on his wife.

He's a sleazy slime-ball who uses his alleged faith as a recruiting tool for football. Not unlike the "merchants & money-changers" Jesus drove from the temple. While Freeze didn't do this in or near a temple structure, when he actively uses that to gain personal advantage with recruits, etc., he is sort of bringing the essence of a temple, worship of God into his environment.

That's not faith-in-action, it is using faith as a tool for personal gain. Faith in action is used to spread faith to others for the glory of God...not man & certainly not oneself!

And I don't care what Rosey said, those hookers were for underage recruits. They matched up with places & dates when Freeze was visiting recruits.

Last edited:

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
He is a POS narcissist. He outwardly promotes his religion in order for others to look at him. He searches Twitter to find people talking about him because he obsessed with himself. He pays for hookers because he is obsessed with his own desires. I could go on and on.

The only thing I don’t understand is why the 17 are we talking about that POS narcissist on here.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Sorry, but you don't get to wear your 'faith' on your sleeve and talk from on high then lie to recruits for years about upcoming NCAA sanctions, harass sexual assault victims because they don't like your buddy, and then act like YOU are the one who's been done wrong.

Other than the fact that he used employer phones to call hookers, I don't really even care about all that. If his wife is dumb enough to believe him that's her business.

But he's a proven liar, con-man, fraud, and all-around skeezy MF-er. He also, as many have touched on, wants to talk about his 'past mistakes' and act like he's paid some hard price for them. His penance was making millions of dollars to coach in CUSA. Boo-Hoo.

He may win games at Auburn. I am not convinced. All the crap he was able to get away with at Ole Miss won't matter now since everyone can buy players, and his BS should be easily countered on the recruiting trail. If there is any cosmic justice this snake-oil salesman will flame out and take that ball of sleeze in Auburn with him.

Holy Sh**, where's the Tylenol?

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
“You’ll like me if you get to know me and my family” is code for two things:

1. YOU are the one that is wrong and YOU are the one who has the work to do to better understand ME. It’s your problem, not mine. You are at fault for not giving me a chance.

2. If I can get you to listen to me, I’m 100% certain I can change your mind with my amazing level of primo bullsh i t.

Last edited:

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
Not only that, the frequency he compares others to Jesus is strange. I’ve never heard another person do that, but I’ve seen/heard Freeze do it several times. It’s so over the top.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm not judging. Sorry.

Not sure I would've hired him with all the things that are still going on. I think I could've waited till at least cleared that up.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020

Master manipulator.
Kiffin too.
AU played by Hugh.
OM played like a fiddle by Kiffin.
It was a Master Class

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
If you don't know, we for sure don't! I thought you kept up with stuff like that?
I am on vacation for the record so tracking ******** is not my thing at the moment. That said Freeze was creepy even to me. I mean all the religious ******** to cover a pervert is not something new. He was especially creepy though. No offense to true believers but he isn’t one.

Reactions: NTDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Not only that, the frequency he compares others to Jesus is strange. I’ve never heard another person do that, but I’ve seen/heard Freeze do it several times. It’s so over the top.
Yes, the way he portrays his faith is very 1991 Southern Baptist. Very aww shucks, shaming, etc. with a healthy dose of ego. Same as Dabo. I'm not sure why it resonates so well with young people. But again, people like that fakeness because it makes them feel good about themselves.