GH's "Stuff" Is Not Working And I Wonder If The Players Still Believe In His Offense

MiketoBush61

Oct 20, 2018
I just want to talk about GH's "strength," the passing game of his version of the Air Raid. USC almost never has a receiver run a crossing pattern. The slant is almost extinct. GH is running a HS passing offense. I kid you not, if USC did not have Drake London going up in the air downfield with a defender draped all over him to make a catch, would the team even have a shot at being the .500 team they are right now? No! It's long passes, usually near the sideline to a fairly well covered receiver, or, short dump-outs to the side. They usually don't throw between the hashes unless it's a TE on a stick route. So, they don't really use much of the field. To be honest, I don't think our passing offense gives DC's long, sleepless nights. It's predictable, and, again, it depends on one stud to bail our the QB about a half a dozen times a game.

qqqqqqqman

Aug 24, 2017
I also am a big believer in CROSSING ROUTES…..easiest way to get DBs off stride or mixed up. In man coverage, the DB is always trailing a crossing route….and, you hit the WR in stride.

Anyway, yeah, Harrell’s offense sucks in form and function. No freakin’ imagination. No one is ever really open. There are no schematic advantages, other than a 6’5” guy who balls out.

We look like crap on offense……err, defense…..errr, I mean offense. Yeah, offense. And defense.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
Scrap this infernal Gumbo Raid. It sucks like hell. HOW can anyone still believe in it? When pansy teams eat it up like lunch.

heyrev

Aug 24, 2017
I just want to talk about GH's "strength," the passing game of his version of the Air Raid. USC almost never has a receiver run a crossing pattern. The slant is almost extinct. GH is running a HS passing offense. I kid you not, if USC did not have Drake London going up in the air downfield with a defender draped all over him to make a catch, would the team even have a shot at being the .500 team they are right now? No! It's long passes, usually near the sideline to a fairly well covered receiver, or, short dump-outs to the side. They usually don't throw between the hashes unless it's a TE on a stick route. So, they don't really use much of the field. To be honest, I don't think our passing offense gives DC's long, sleepless nights. It's predictable, and, again, it depends on one stud to bail our the QB about a half a dozen times a game.
When a stupid fan like me can sit in front of the TV and call out the play from the formation or down-distance, just imagine what an opposing DC can do in the prior week's preparation? This offense does only one thing well: rack up gawdy statistics. It's grossly unbalanced, gives away T.O.P., requires expert quarterbacking, and wholly relies on winning one-on-one battles on the edges.

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018
It’s called ”street ball”

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
I also am a big believer in CROSSING ROUTES…..easiest way to get DBs off stride or mixed up. In man coverage, the DB is always trailing a crossing route….and, you hit the WR in stride.

Anyway, yeah, Harrell’s offense sucks in form and function. No freakin’ imagination. No one is ever really open. There are no schematic advantages, other than a 6’5” guy who balls out.

We look like crap on offense……err, defense…..errr, I mean offense. Yeah, offense. And defense.

We used to run them all of the time with ARSB. I don't know where they have gone. Why not GB Jr. or Taj running crossing routes all day. I also need to remind everyone...how many drops did we see from the WRs? And what about that stupid INT where Taj was on the ground and just let the defender take the ball away.

sc69er

Aug 31, 2021

Very few teams use the crossing routes regularly because the possibility of int's is much higher than outs, sweeps, turn ins, or fly paterns.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
More post routes, fewer long fades. Post routes to Joseph Manjack, and then watch him gallop like a Ghost Rider in the Sky. A great big and stealthy teflon burner is what this IMO special dude is. He caught a sort of shallow crossing pattern vs Cougars, and had eight men chasing him, and he still managed huge YAC yardage that one lone play till they finally collectively roped him in. Use this phenom MORE, please. Ghost Rider in the Sky! Joseph Bronco Manjack.

Latest posts