Got my Furd tickets

trojandave

Aug 24, 2017
My request filled, my son already booked our flight & hotel across from farm. โœŒ๐ŸผโœŒ๐ŸผโœŒ๐Ÿผ
Don't know who the hell scheduled these games. Stadium will be pretty empty. School doesn't start till the week of September 26th.

btw - I accidentally booked everything to go to this game - September 10th. Stanford freshmen orientation starts the next day, September 11th. Great!! My kid got accepted and will be going. I'd be rooting for my school, and making my kid sit in the Trojan section. Dammed. I accidentally looked up the 2021 Stanford calendar.

trojandave

Aug 24, 2017
Don't know who the hell scheduled these games. Stadium will be pretty empty. School doesn't start till the week of September 26th.

btw - I accidentally booked everything to go to this game - September 10th. Stanford freshmen orientation starts the next day, September 11th. Great!! My kid got accepted and will be going. I'd be rooting for my school, and making my kid sit in the Trojan section. Dammed. I accidentally looked up the 2021 Stanford calendar.
and why the hell does Stanford start school in almost-October.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
I have been doing stubhub for away games, the seats the school sells tend to be terrible.

FleetwoodMack

Aug 24, 2017
Will this be the last Weekender? Sad consequence of recent developments.

If you've never seen the Spirit of Troy march down Stockton St and take over Union Square as the Cardinal and Gold clad masses wave their Victory signs to the sound of Conquest echoing off the facades of Macy's and the St. Francis while wide eyed tourists get a taste of the majesty that is Troy, well you need to while you can.

Fight On!!!

TrojanMoondoggie

Aug 24, 2017

If you've never seen the Spirit of Troy march down Stockton St and take over Union Square as the Cardinal and Gold clad masses wave their Victory signs to the sound of Conquest echoing off the facades of Macy's and the St. Francis while wide eyed tourists get a taste of the majesty that is Troy, well you need to while you can.

Fight On!!!
It is. Weโ€™ve played Stanford more than anyone except Berkeley. Is that correct?
An historic era in Trojan/Cardinal football coming to a possible end.

Reactions: Pudly76

FleetwoodMack

Aug 24, 2017
Former USC coach John McKay did not like Stanford.

โ€œStanford was not his favorite,โ€ said McKayโ€™s long-time USC assistant, Dave Levy. โ€œHe felt they were a little arrogant. Stanford gave him the needle. He used to say, `I like (Stanford coach) John Ralston when we beat them. I donโ€™t like him when we lose to them.โ€™ โ€

McKayโ€™s ire reached in the early 1970โ€™s when he said after a game, โ€œIโ€™d like to have beaten them by 2,000 points. They have no class.โ€

That led to a priceless cartoon above from the Stanford Daily the following year, which shows USC leading Stanford, 1,992-0, and McKay telling Pat Haden if the Trojans score on the final play, โ€œWe go for two.โ€

1656706446739.png

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017

Fight On!!!
Hasn't been that way for years. Can not recall the last St Francis rally. SF weekender was huge when I was in school, been on a downgrade for a long time.

FleetwoodMack

Aug 24, 2017
Hasn't been that way for years. Can not recall the last St Francis rally. SF weekender was huge when I was in school, been on a downgrade for a long time.
That's a bummer. Haven't been since I left the Bay Area in 2015. I remember they moved it down to the Embarcadero for awhile and it wasn't nearly as good, but then it made a triumphant return to Union Square at one point. Too bad.

Troy70

Aug 24, 2017
2007 stayed at Alumni hotel & Union Square was rocking. Recall it was raining at Kal so got soak even with poncho from Alumni table & cushion . Lol . Pete ran C Washington all nite

Troyview

Jun 20, 2018
With the history of the Stanford band and taking into account all the recent events, the halftime show should be one for the ages. Fight On

Reactions: FleetwoodMack

FleetwoodMack

Aug 24, 2017
2007 stayed at Alumni hotel & Union Square was rocking. Recall it was raining at Kal so got soak even with poncho from Alumni table & cushion . Lol . Pete ran C Washington all nite
I didn't think there were degrees of how wet a person can be until sitting through that game. We were wetter than we have ever been in our lives. We thought we were so clever paying $5 for green garbage bags to keep us dry, but the rain never let up for 4 quarters and easily found it's way inside our makeshift ponchos. Post game we walked down to Blondies on Telegraph to grab a slice. It was so warm in there from the pizza ovens and we were so wet we just stood there eating our pizza steaming like a British tea kettle. Then we proceed down to BART for the most miserable soaking wet 45 minute train ride down to Fremont where I'm parked and crank the heat for a 45 minute drive down to Morgan Hill (30 minutes south of San Jose) where I lived at the time. Taking off those sopping wet clothes and jumping in a hot shower felt like paradise, my god, to be dry again was bliss.
And, yes, Chauncey rumbled for 220 yards that night.

Troyview

Jun 20, 2018
I didn't think there were degrees of how wet a person can be until sitting through that game. We were wetter than we have ever been in our lives. We thought we were so clever paying $5 for green garbage bags to keep us dry, but the rain never let up for 4 quarters and easily found it's way inside our makeshift ponchos. Post game we walked down to Blondies on Telegraph to grab a slice. It was so warm in there from the pizza ovens and we were so wet we just stood there eating our pizza steaming like a British tea kettle. Then we proceed down to BART for the most miserable soaking wet 45 minute train ride down to Fremont where I'm parked and crank the heat for a 45 minute drive down to Morgan Hill (30 minutes south of San Jose) where I lived at the time. Taking off those sopping wet clothes and jumping in a hot shower felt like paradise, my god, to be dry again was bliss.
And, yes, Chauncey rumbled for 220 yards that night.
Went to water polo game that day too (prior to canvassing for ponchos and gator bags). We won that one too. Both memorable

Reactions: FleetwoodMack

CP619

Aug 24, 2017
I just reached out to USC and got road tickets to every game.

This post played a part.

CLR played a part.

Big-10 move played a part.

My first year attending every game.

Beyond excited.

Fight on.

Reactions: Troy70

Latest posts