Heinrich Haarberg is he worse than Purdy/Smothers?

Husker80

Sep 18, 2022
Things been quiet about Heinrich Haarberg. I see he doesn't travel for road games. Looks good in spring games. Anyone hear anything about his chances of seeing the field?

NikkiSixx

May 31, 2022
Someone I believe asked MJ about HH & Masker, and he said something to the effect of 'oh no'.. those guys will eventually be good qbs, but right now, we have to focus on Logan and Chubba. He then went on to talk about how they needed to calm Chubba down and that he was trying too hard. It made it sound to me, like there is an even worse drop off, but during the spring games, we haven't seen this drop off, so who really knows.

Reactions: Husker80

MCompton1973

Nov 2, 2022
From the press conference. Mickey shut down them getting to the field this year. I think its a matter of protecting red shirts....but if that was the case, there are only 4 games left....so They should be OK. Maybe we really do just miss something that happens in practice?

Reactions: Husker80

Husker80

Sep 18, 2022
I can see protecting Torres redshirt but HH already took his last year. HH is in 2nd year Luke Purdy so not a huge difference of games played.

Red Sun Rising

Jun 3, 2022
It's been said that HH is not even on the travel squad. And that's usually an indicator that the guy's not ready or...

Nuts McClanahan

Jul 3, 2022
Things been quiet about Heinrich Haarberg. I see he doesn't travel for road games. Looks good in spring games. Anyone hear anything about his chances of seeing the field?
Neither Mickey nor Whipple recruited him. I get the sense that they don't think he's ready and that he's not even on their radar. He's probably not getting any practice reps with the offense. The trouble is Purdy is playing like horrible football and he's clearly not ready to play. He has zero confidence and he's playing behind a horrible offensive line.

Husker80

Sep 18, 2022
Yes, I have noticed Masker is the 4th QB traveling for roads games. Joseph mentioned HH is young and not ready. Disappointing because other teams have a 2nd year QB ready to see the field. Maybe, he will get there but have a feeling other recruits will pass him on the depth chart.

Hard4Corn

May 3, 2022
I’ve always thought HH is the best combination of size, speed/athleticism and arm strength of anyone on our roster. To bad we don’t have a coach that can get him ready to go.

Nuts McClanahan

Jul 3, 2022
HH just got passed by a walk on…

some players just don’t want it.
How exactly did he get passed by a walk-on when all they get to do in practice is warm up drills and stand on the side with their helmet under their arm? It's possible that the walk-on is a backup holder for field goals or something like that. Bottom line is HH never had a shot with Scott Frost because Scott needed to win now and simply wasn't interested in developing QBs. And Whipple had "his guy" in Purdy who was sitting in the transfer portal for two months before Whipple rescued him.