How many division 1 college football teams (FBS) have you seen play in person?

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
I'm at 49. Looks like the Cocks bowl opponent, should I go, would make 50. I've never personally seen Notre Dame nor Purdue.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I'm at 49. Looks like the Cocks bowl opponent, should I go, would make 50. I've never personally seen Notre Dame nor Purdue.
Going back to 1965, it would make my head hurt to try not to overlook any. I don't think it would be as many as you have seen, however. It's a lot of 'em, though.

Reactions: StillH8FATBRAD

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'd guess in the 30s. Most have involved USC, so that counts as 1. And have seen us play several SEC teams multiple times. Been to a couple PSU games and even a few Clemson games.

DrMickeySC

Jan 23, 2022
Wow. Going back to 1980 for me and that's a lot. Would take me a while to even figure it out.

Maybe part two, if you don't mind Mr. Dangerfield: How many college football stadiums (plus bowl destinations) have you guys been to? I only go to the occasional away game, but I'm sure some on here have been to a bunch. I'll list mine if anyone is interested in playing along:

Stadiums:
Willy B
Upstate Tiggers
Athens
Georgia Tech (for a Furman game when I was in the band there - lost on a last second field goal)
App St (same)
Vandy
Bama in Tuscaloosa (married a Bama grad so that game was Bama vs UK - I've got a kid who is a Freshman there right now but didn't get to go this fall, and I wanted to see Bryce Young float around the field)
Miami stadium for the Carquest Bowl (I'm old)
Tampa
Georgia Dome for one of the many SEC champs we were not invited to.

I'm sure I'm missing something. Reminds me of playing the MLB stadium game. I'm at about 10 on those as well. And I swear, at half of them, Montreal was the away team. We were like unsuspecting groupies.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
Wow. Going back to 1980 for me and that's a lot. Would take me a while to even figure it out.

Maybe part two, if you don't mind Mr. Dangerfield: How many college football stadiums (plus bowl destinations) have you guys been to? I only go to the occasional away game, but I'm sure some on here have been to a bunch. I'll list mine if anyone is interested in playing along:

Stadiums:
Willy B
Upstate Tiggers
Athens
Georgia Tech (for a Furman game when I was in the band there - lost on a last second field goal)
App St (same)
Vandy
Bama in Tuscaloosa (married a Bama grad so that game was Bama vs UK - I've got a kid who is a Freshman there right now but didn't get to go this fall, and I wanted to see Bryce Young float around the field)
Miami stadium for the Carquest Bowl (I'm old)
Tampa
Georgia Dome for one of the many SEC champs we were not invited to.

I'm sure I'm missing something. Reminds me of playing the MLB stadium game. I'm at about 10 on those as well. And I swear, at half of them, Montreal was the away team. We were like unsuspecting groupies.
Not a ton of stadiums for me

Williams-Brice
Raymond James (Outback Bowl)
Big Sombrero (whatever the old stadium in Tampa was called)
Citrus Bowl
Gator Bowl
Doak Campbell
Sanford
Bobby Dodd
Georgia Dome
Memorial Stadium at Tillman

That's it for visiting stadiums to see a major college football game.

Reactions: DrMickeySC

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
From pre-expansion.....all the ACC, SEC and Big 10 teams.....and a few others that either USC, Clemson, or TOSU played during the time I was attending their games.

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
Lord, please let it be Purdue. I can't even stomach the thought of losing to Noodle Lame.

I can stomach the thought of losing to all the SEC teams and even the cupcakes like Charlotte. Clemson? Fine. Noodle lame is where I draw the line. If Noodle Lame played the Taliban, I'd pull for the Taliban to win 100 - 0. I seriously can't stand them. I've said it before and I will say it until I die.... Noodle Lame could lose 100 straight games and I promise you they'd still be ranked in the pre-season top 25. It's laughable. To answer your question, I can't list them all but the standouts are - Southern Cal in WB in 84'. FSU at WB in 84' and a loss, but good(ish) game against Nebraska at WB (don't recall the year) < Afternoon game. PA announcer thanked them for the "corn" and I laughed because I was a kid but it wasn't a joke and I quickly realized that. Osbourne was still their coach then I'm pretty sure. Other forgettables were ECU @ ECU, NC. State @nc. State when the refs kept throwing PI flags on us with 0:00 on the clock in the 4th qtr when they needed a hail marry to win. Refs made sure they got it. I believe they got 3 chances at that Hail marry. History will forget but on the final play when NC. State cored, the ref actually threw a flag and had *THAT* one been enforced, it would have been PI on NC. State and ballgame. Instead, the excited fans rushed the field, the ref picked up the flag and walked off. Complete BS. Nothing else pops out in my mind.

BTW - Raynard's knee was down. We got lucky. <grin>

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
22 different teams.

Williams-Brice
Memorial
The Real Death Valley
Paulson
Jordan-Hare
Sanford
Neyland
The Swamp
Bank of America - not college, but I've been to multiple college games there
Georgia Dome 2010

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
Hell, I'll post mine!

1-Carolina
2-Florida Atlantic
3-USF
4-UCF
5-Florida
6-Florida St.
7-Georgia
8-Georgia Tech
9-Tillman
10-unCarolina
11-NC Hate
12-Duke
13-Wake Forest
14-East Carolina
15-Appalachian St.
16-Virginia
17-Virginia Tech
18-West Virginia
19-Marshall
20-Maryland
21-Temple
22-Syracuse
23-Alabama
24-Auburn
25-UAB
26-Troy
27-Ole Miss
28-Miss State
29-Tennessee
30-Vanderbilt
31-Middle Tennessee St.
32-Kentucky
33-LSU
34-Louisiana Lafayette
35-Louisiana Tech
36-Arkansas
37-Missouri
38-Ohio St.
39-Ohio
40-Eastern Michigan
41-Ball St.
42-Illinois
43-UTEP
44-Oklahoma
45-New Mexico St.
46-UNLV
47-Boise St.
48-California
49-Long Beach St.

Hobcawcreekcock

Joined Dec 10, 2000 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
Hard to recall since I started attending USC football games at 10 years old and I’m 65 now…

Stadiums:

Lane Stadium - VT
Wake Forest - twice
UNC - three times
East Carolina
Clempsun - at least seven or eight times
Sanford Stadium -UGA - at least three times
The Swamp - four or five times
NCST - at least four times - worst fans in AMERICA
Liberty Bowl
Raymond James - three times
Joe Robbie - changed names since then (Miami)
Grant Field - Atlanta
Bank of America - Carolina Panthers Stadium - several times
Gator Bowl - several times
Legion Field - Twice

I think that’s it???

Reactions: MrCockStrong