How underwhelming is the Auburn hire going be to be?

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
They've whiffed on Lane (maybe for the better), Freeze would start riots over his skeletons on full display, and the Cadillac broke down early today. I just don't see them making a good hire.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
There are some good coaches out there. From places like App.State, Tulane, or some good directional school. Not sure there will be that many from other D1 schools. They need a Beamer type coach....young, energetic, etc. Whatever they do, they need to vet very well if they circle in on one. Their big problem is letting their big cigar boys control the decision, like Lowder, Rane, and others. That alone could scare off some good prospects.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
If they pulled Chip Kelly from UCLA, would it be considered a big splash or mediocre?

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
It was really dumb of us to all think Cohen was actually going to get Kiffin. It’s probably a name not being mentioned because remember, Cohen has to be the smartest in the room. The auburn 247 site is now reporting that there is a mystery candidate they do not know. I’m going to say it’s that one

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
It was really dumb of us to all think Cohen was actually going to get Kiffin. It’s probably a name not being mentioned because remember, Cohen has to be the smartest in the room. The auburn 247 site is now reporting that there is a mystery candidate they do not know. I’m going to say it’s that one
He panics and pulls a Stricklin after missing his first couple of targets. Leach to Auburn.*****

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Scott Frost is available. Also has Kiffin signed and if not why? Is he waiting in the Hall hoping Auburn makes the skin better?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Is Luke Fickell ever going to leave Cincinnati? I know they have been a little down this year at 9-3, but he's done a hell of a job.

And if you are willing to leak interest in one piece of **** human being, why not go after King Turd himself?

Ohio State Football GIF

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
I think Like F is waiting on OSU, which after yesterday might be sooner than later.
But, just saw that Wisconsin is targeting him.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Brian Johnson would be a good candidate for some of the G5 openings (UAB, FAU, USF). Not enough experience to land a P5 job.

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
So if the hire is a bad one it’s Cohens fault. If the hire is a good one, Cohen had no input and did what he was told to do. Got it.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
What incredible investigative reporting. I can confirm via my sources that the mystery candidate is currently most likely. As always, this could change.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I said a month ago when the Kiffin to auburn rumors started that Cohen would never hire him - he always misses on his first target. History repeats itself again

Reactions: onewoof and patdog