Hugh Freeze is Exactly Who You Think He Is

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I he going to be gone before he even get's there?

Not likely. Back in 2017 Vols fans managed to veto the hiring of Greg Schiano under the guise of whatever loose connection he may have had to Jerry Sundusky's crimes. In reality, they just thought he was underwhelming hire and had their hearts set, at the time, on landing Jon Gruden. The Sandusky scandal merely provided a convenient excuse, even though nobody thinks Schiano had anything whatsoever to do with Sanudsky's personal actions.

In this case, Freeze is being viewed a great hire in terms of on-field production. Auburn fans just want to win at this point. So, unlike UT fans, they have no reason to invent objections to the hire (though in Freeze's case there are actual reasons. None need to be invented.).

The Auburn AD wasn't even made available for questions at Freeze's introductory presser. They don't want to talk about the hire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Cock

TopHook

Jan 18, 2022
The Auburn AD wasn't even made available for questions at Freeze's introductory presser. They don't want to talk about the hire.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I think that will be established - one way or the other - in the crucible of time.
Desperate moves usually lead to more desperation. Not sure what the attraction was for Auburn to move so quickly on this particular choice.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Desperate moves usually lead to more desperation. Not sure what the attraction was for Auburn to move so quickly on this particular choice.
Yes, I agree. It's more obvious now than the day they hired him. Their necks are waaaaaay out.

Reactions: Prestonyte

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Eh! Not exactly....there are rules that must be followed and he doesn't seem to like rules....especially those that constrain him.

Agreed on that. Let's just say I think he can hide his transgressions a lot easier now. At least the ones dealing with buying players.

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
Eh! Not exactly....there are rules that must be followed and he doesn't seem to like rules....especially those that constrain him.
Uh. Rules have never applied to Auburn. They just had a way to break the rules and keep it hidden in some accounting fashion no one could break through. The banker in Montgomery ruled the roost. Why he called up the Auburn President and had him get the plane ready. They flew to Lousiville to interview another scum bag, the mother of all scum bags, Bobby Petrino when Tommy T. was their current coach. Tommy T. knew nothing of it. They did it behind his back. That's Auburn for you so Freeze will be Auburn's kind of man, if he wins.

Latest posts