I go on record with this. I want Michigan to beat the Ohio State.

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
Go Buckeyes.
Very seldom, if ever, have I wanted ohowihate to win. (I believe in 2016 OS needed to beat UM for PS to get to CCG. We cheered for Michigan to lose, but NOT for OS to win😉). Watching them yesterday, I would like to see them against Georgia.
They are -6 for this game and I’m thinking about mortgaging the house and taking suckeyes.
@DaytonBuck are you seeing this? 😁

OL

Reactions: Dailybuck778

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
This is true but is not a factor in my choice of OSU. I simply want Harbaugh to go another year of not beating the Buckeyes. I like kicking a man when he’s down, I guess.
I'm more so with your thoughts on this , i knew before the season started the SEC would have 2 teams in the playoffs at this point and they do.

To a lesser degree the Big 10 has Mich and OSU set up the same way. Not beating a dead horse but if we had a prepared capable back up, or Will Levis we'd have one loss or be undefeated at this time.

I would love in my lifetime to see OSU hit the Tennessee or Texas level. Michigan could regress shortly, and i could care less.

Reactions: LionJim

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
Rather have Meatchicken win by a point. I doubt Meatchicken will get into the playoffs.

danvillenit

Oct 30, 2021
We don’t need Michigan getting more traction. If they lose to OSO yet again it will take the shine off their season

Reactions: ODShowtime

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Rather have Meatchicken win by a point. I doubt Meatchicken will get into the playoffs.
With one loss, on what is seen as a bad call against Michigan State, I think they’d get in.

Grass

Oct 28, 2021
You would think one of these years that Michigan will beat them, but I doubt it’s this year.

NEPA Lion

Nov 2, 2021
What makes me even more nauseous is the fact Notre Dame is probably going to back into the playoffs without playing in a championship game again.

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
I'm in the minority and I want Michigan to win. In this game, I always root for structural failure. Given that is highly unlikely, I root against the team that has the most to gain by winning. Plus, OSU fans are some of the most insufferable in all of sports and it would be nice if they could get swatted down a peg. It's so damn petty how they crossed out all of the M's on their precious, witty signs on Gameday. Besides, I'm holding a Wisconsin win the Big Ten ticket and I think I have a better shot at that vs. Michigan than I do vs. OSU.

Reactions: Mr. Potter

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I can argue pros and cons for both tOSU or Michigan winning. I think the biggest impact to Penn State would be tOSU winning. They are already perceived as better than us, but if Michigan wins they would potentially move ahead of us in perception assuming Penn State and Michigan programs are perceived as roughly equal now (not saying our 2021 team is equal to Michigan).

That said, my dream is that one day Penn State can routinely beat Michigan and tOSU in the same season (have we done it just in 1994 and 2008?) so that the “Big Game” is completely irrelevant outside of those two states.

Shepdogg

Nov 1, 2021
Thank God OP does not not have any impact on the game. OSU will kill them. Mark this post.

Joof

Nov 8, 2021
My days of hoping for other teams to win/ lose for Penn states sake are over. We just need to win and eventually we’ll get a national championship.

Reactions: Got GSPs

fastlax16

Aug 24, 2017
I'm in the minority and I want Michigan to win. In this game, I always root for structural failure. Given that is highly unlikely, I root against the team that has the most to gain by winning. Plus, OSU fans are some of the most insufferable in all of sports and it would be nice if they could get swatted down a peg. It's so damn petty how they crossed out all of the M's on their precious, witty signs on Gameday. Besides, I'm holding a Wisconsin win the Big Ten ticket and I think I have a better shot at that vs. Michigan than I do vs. OSU.

michigan has significantly more to gain than osu. OSU wins and its status quo. Same old same old. Michigan wins and it gives them a chance to completely change the narrative. They’ve finally arrived under Harbaugh, etc etc. especially if they win the big and have a cfp appearance. they lose and it’s another failure. Best Michigan team in years still can’t beat a (relatively speaking) down OSU. Even more doubts about Harbaugh ever getting over the hump.

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
I agree with you. Mr. Potter. I am no Michigan fan, but I like tOSU even less. It would be great to see them lose, fall out of the CFB Playoff picture, and have Stroud fall out of the Heisman race.

Last edited:

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah, I am with Potter on this. I could care less about who beats the SEC and who doesn't. I want Michigan to win, although I don't think they will. And I want the Big Ten West team to win the CCG, although I don't think that will happen either.

I don't care how it affects where PSU goes bowling.

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
I like the chaos that a Weaselrine win would bring, as I think the 4-team invitational needs to be blown to smithereens, and that would help bring some degree of chaos this season.
But, once the game starts, I cannot make myself cheer for them damn Weasels. My college "cheering" wrt any specific teams is 97.3% moderately positive or neutral, but when it comes to the Weaselrines, I want all their varsity and club teams to lose every game they play, and I want all their intramural games to end in scoreless ties. I don't cheer for Ohio State, but I have far less passion about them losing than I do with the Weasels, so I find myself cheering for them in any game vs. M Go Weasels.
That said, I think this year's game has a chance to be a little closer than most have been lately. For a half, anyway. Maybe the 2nd half, but for a half.

Early vibe:
Buckeyes 37
Weaselrines 20

fastlax16

Aug 24, 2017
I like the chaos that a Weaselrine win would bring, as I think the 4-team invitational needs to be blown to smithereens, and that would help bring some degree of chaos this season.
But, once the game starts, I cannot make myself cheer for them damn Weasels. My college "cheering" wrt any specific teams is 97.3% moderately positive or neutral, but when it comes to the Weaselrines, I want all their varsity and club teams to lose every game they play, and I want all their intramural games to end in scoreless ties. I don't cheer for Ohio State, but I have far less passion about them losing than I do with the Weasels, so I find myself cheering for them in any game vs. M Go Weasels.
That said, I think this year's game has a chance to be a little closer than most have been lately. For a half, anyway. Maybe the 2nd half, but for a half.

Early vibe:
Buckeyes 37
Weaselrines 20

a Michigan win creates no chaos this year as they’re both 1 loss teams. All it does is remove OSU from this years little bracket and adds Michigan. It’s not like they’re knocking osu out and opening the slot for a G5 team. (All of this assuming they win the ccg).

I’d argue it helps the 4 team playoff to get some new blood in the form of a blue blood program like Michigan. More of the same is what’s eventually going to lead to quicker expansion (or Cincinnati winning it all) A Michigan is back narrative isn’t one that helps us.

Last edited:

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
I’m rooting for an entertaining, close and injury free game with a phantom 2 seconds added to the clock and the buckeyes winning. But regardless of who wins I hope whoever wins the west wins the CCG unless it’s Iowa.

Reactions: Ten Years After