I knew... but I didn't expect

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
I know how Florida State feels
I felt like this three years ago, in 2018, we went 5-7. We lost to a two win UCLA team and we kept our coach.

Florida St? It doesn’t have our tradition and success in college football.

We have to hope Bohn makes up for his mistake of keeping a coach who lead to this night. (Swann first)

Incomprehensible humiliation.

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
I felt like this three years ago, in 2018, we went 5-7. We lost to a two win UCLA team and we kept our coach.

We have to hope Bohn makes up for his mistake of keeping a coach who lead to this night.

I agree, at this point he needs to be held accountable for this b*******. It's not about the fans. It's about the fact that he wasted an entire year of these kids career. He screwed over an entire class of kids opportunity to be developed for the NFL.

Reactions: uscjrl98

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
I agree, at this point he needs to be held accountable for this b*******. It's not about the fans. It's about the fact that he wasted an entire year of these kids career. He screwed over an entire class of kids opportunity to be developed for the NFL.
He is our only hope right now. He better make the right decision. I can’t take much more!

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Wolfpack4SC

May 31, 2019
I think coach DW definitely felt a bit overwhelmed with this one. He was definitely out coached. He will be good when he gets back to being a recruiter and DB coach. He just had no juice on the sidelines. It’s a good thing.

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
That is assuming Bohn had the ability to make that decision 2 years ago. I suspect that his hands were tied until a few weeks ago, when he was given the green light to act.
Yeah that's possible. The fact that he hired a bunch of recruiters to sign kids up to play under this s*** regime doesn't say much good about him.

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
Well that’s what happens when you fire a coach mid season! To make matters worse Donte has no Offensive experience! Harrell’s offense is not innovative and very predictable. Yes, Donte can try to press pushing the rock, but that is not who Harrell is, he will do it, but unwillingly! This is becoming a total cess pool. I just want to fast forward to the end of the season, where we can get a new proven coach and get rid of the majority of the staff!
Fight On!

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
This loss was not Donte’s fault, nor is it an indicator of how he might be as an HC someday. This is not his staff nor his offensive/defensive schemes. He inherited it all and is very limited as to what he can change.

However, Donte is not ready to take over as USC’s HC. He is doing what he can to get us through until the new HC is hired. That’s all we can ask.

USC needs to make the right hire.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017

We have to hope Bohn makes up for his mistake of keeping a coach who lead to this night. (Swann first)

Yup.

We should have covered this ground in 2018. We’d have a new coach in his 3rd year now, instead of looking down the barrel of 6(?) more losses.

PS I’ve been waiting for four years for #8 on defense to play up to his billing. I’m still waiting.

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Unfortunately it looks like just about every game going forward could go either way.

I’m kinda sad to see it but I was expecting it. What did Bohn really do? He hired Williams but Williams is still using the same Offense and Same defense that failed Helton. How do you expect a difference result?

Orlando, Harrell have to go…. I hope then next coach let’s them walk on day one.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
This loss was not Donte’s fault, nor is it an indicator of how he might be as an HC someday. This is not his staff nor his offensive/defensive schemes. He inherited it all and is very limited as to what he can change.

However, Donte is not ready to take over as USC’s HC. He is doing what he can to get us through until the new HC is hired. That’s all we can ask.

USC needs to make the right hire.

Spin it any way you want, but this is 100% Donte’s team now and they got chit-stomped at home by the lowly Corvallis Platypus. I wanted this to be a successful audition for DW, but he’s shown he’s not ready for Prime Time. He looked confused, paralyzed and listless; totally out of it all night. No adjustments anywhere, but hands down the worse unit performance of the game was Donte’s DBS. Turrible.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
The team is the team is the team is the team. They are what we thought they were and that's all there is to it. No reason to feel much and look to the future.

Spin it any way you want, but this is 100% Donte’s team now and they got chit-stomped at home by the lowly Corvallis Platypus. I wanted this to be a successful audition for DW, but he’s shown he’s not ready for Prime Time. He looked confused, paralyzed and listless; totally out of it all night. No adjustments anywhere, but hands down the worse unit perf of the game was Donte’s DBS. Turrible.
This makes no sense at all. How it is 100% his team? are you foolish to think that a coach that has never been a HC was going to turn it around? lol
Get real. Only atlus could put this team on his shoulders and change it in two weeks. Let alone a year. The hissy fit you guys are having is a sight to see...I really hope you guys didn't delude yourself thinking that things would change with this team....

Last edited:

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
I was apprehensive about this game especially knowing Slovis was going to be back. I was trying to be optimistic. After all OSU is not a very good team and we were an 11 point favorite....What could go wrong??? LOL. If we continue to play like this I can see us get beaten a lot more. I imagine CO and UT are licking their chops.....and OMG UCLA and ND with no doubt will curb stomp this weak a$$ team.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
I was apprehensive about this game especially knowing Slovis was going to be back. I was trying to be optimistic. After all OSU is not a very good team and we were an 11 point favorite....What could go wrong??? LOL. If we continue to play like this I can see us get beaten a lot more. I imagine CO and UT are licking their chops.....and OMG UCLA and ND with no doubt will curb stomp this weak a$$ team.
How could it go so wrong. Did ppl forget Stanford? that's how. lol

Lets enjoy the season lol

Reactions: TroyBill

Jpltrojan

Aug 24, 2017
I feel for Donte…Gomer was dismissed relieving him of the responsibility of having to face the players and asst coaches, not to mention a weak-sister group of reporters after a dismal showing like tonight’s. Now a rookie, frankly not up to the task, is going to have to try to pull this team together for the rest of the year.

It’s going to be ugly and there will be blood. Donte has to face it. Harrell and Orlando will now hide behind his skirt with little accountability. This whole thing is a **** show.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Oh please cut the fuc kin shi t. Non sensical response from an intelligent person that is chasing an indefensible position. Clay Helton is your Kobiyashi Maru. You aren't going to win. The facts and people are against you.

Hahahaha.

I know you’re emotional, *****, but your boogie man is gone. Cant fire his butt twice.

You’re going to have to expand your peanut intellect and come up with new solutions to new problems, not blame Helton’s ghost.

Reactions: Alfa1

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
You will implode. You will get so boxed in on this ridiculous hill, you will never regain your credibility on any topic. I know you are a moral person that made their money the right way, so why you'd go so far out of your way to defend an obvious fraud is beyond me. Helton is a piece of crap. It's time to accept it. Yes he's gone, but his damage isn't. I dont know what you are defending at this point except board protocol. You cant possibly be defending a multi millionaire that completely sucked at all of our expense

You’re obsessed with your boogeyman, angry, unbalanced and full of empty, ridiculous threats that are laughable.

No one is defending Helton, you loon, but he’s gone and trying to hang this total abortion today on him won’t get us 3 inches or 5 seconds closer to fixing anything. You’re so blinded by unbridled hatred of Helton, you can’t think straigh. You’re over emotional and seeing things that aren’t there.
I’m “boxed in on a hill and will lose my credibility “? Hahahahaha

Dude, see a shrink.

One thing that’s really clear is that you should change your handle to”Blind Observer.”

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
I hate it when USC loses. But remember, we will have a new HC soon and we have good reason for optimism regardless of what happens the remainder of this season.
It’s going to take a lot to turn around the players’ defeated mindset and salvage any kind of recruiting class. It’s clear that the front seven except for Tuli need to be upgraded. There’s a lot to undo.

LDIABootney

Aug 24, 2017
Unfortunately it looks like just about every game going forward could go either way.

I’m kinda sad to see it but I was expecting it. What did Bohn really do? He hired Williams but Williams is still using the same Offense and Same defense that failed Helton. How do you expect a difference result?

Orlando, Harrell have to go…. I hope then next coach let’s them walk on day one.
So let me get this straight....... The interim HC who takes over after 2 games in the season, is supposed to fire both coordinators? Then hire new ones and install a new offense and defense?

White Flash

Jan 22, 2018
I hate it when USC loses. But remember, we will have a new HC soon and we have good reason for optimism regardless of what happens the remainder of this season.
would be a great time to pull together. this whole season is like playing with house money.

Fight On!

AMLTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
So let me get this straight....... The interim HC who takes over after 2 games in the season, is supposed to fire both coordinators? Then hire new ones and install a new offense and defense?
Correct, the rot is fully set in. A quick paint job isn't hiding the fact that this jalopy is held together by rust.

The least Donte can do is not sound exactly like Clay after getting his as$ whupped. He should've spoken and acted like he was legit embarrassed to be the coach of that train wreck last night.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
I had hoped for a salvaged season after last week. Now, I just want to beat the Domers and the Bruins. Fight on!

PAVAROTTI

Jan 19, 2019
USC’s new coach is going to disappoint many of us I’m afraid. Bohn can pump those tires as much as he wants.

MongoSlade

Aug 24, 2017
I’m reality, what the hell was Dante really going to accomplish? Could he force TO and GH to implement new schemes that are executed perfectly in under two weeks? Can the personnel here magically fit the new schemes? Can our linemen somehow grow and have complete mental shifts that soon?
I’m the biggest GH detractor there is but last night seemed to shine the light in Kedon’s weaknesses more than GH’s offense. His has zero inclination to run the ball and was a predictable as can be.
TO’s defense is a HUGE problem. How can they not adjust to stop the run game of these guys? WTF is going to happen when they run up against some real talent and more intricate schemes like ND and Chippy’s O? Not sure who can turn this around in a single season considering the rebuild that is needed.

Reactions: Refhater

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
I mean, yes, you make quite a point, which makes my face more purple than Kelly's on a very bad Kelly day.

Reactions: aimeedee

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Spin it any way you want, but this is 100% Donte’s team now and they got chit-stomped at home by the lowly Corvallis Platypus. I wanted this to be a successful audition for DW, but he’s shown he’s not ready for Prime Time. He looked confused, paralyzed and listless; totally out of it all night. No adjustments anywhere, but hands down the worse unit performance of the game was Donte’s DBS. Turrible.
Not sure what you were referring to as “spin”, but you then proceeded to agree with what I had just said. Donte is not ready to be HC at USC.

Reactions: Wolfpack4SC

TrojanMoondoggie

Aug 24, 2017
USC’s new coach is going to disappoint many of us I’m afraid. Bohn can pump those tires as much as he wants.
I'm not one who likes to eat my own words, but in this case I'm willing to give it a go.
Does anyone actually think that USC has it in them to hire the right coach considering what we've seen In the past? We might want to think they will, feeling as frustrated as we do. We want to assume that we have finally reached that catalyst moment when something will finally be done.
But how many times have we said that?
Again, thinking that USC will finally wake up and do the right thing is a pipe dream.
There I said it.
Now, I hope I can come back and say I was wrong.
And I'll be more than happy to!

Wolfpack4SC

May 31, 2019
Humility for a head coach is not a bad thing. I think if Orgeron had a little more he might still be with USC, but then Orgeron’s brashness is part of what makes him a good coach. Let’s see how Donte regroups. Every new coach has a honeymoon. Donte’s just didn’t last that long.

Reactions: MarkR