I pray that Fickle does NOT whup the Domers.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
Three games ago I would not have said this. But if we keep playing the swashbuckling, fearless Jaxson Dart, I want those wicked Domers something fierce and I want them undefeated. Before the season started I deemed it impossible that we could ever handle the Domers this year because of the high quality of the Domer O line and how our skinny nose tackles would be whupped to a frazzle by blue and gold Irish O linemen. But I like our chances now, not that I actually expect no huge problems from the so highly talented ND squad, but I still like our chances, even in that accursed South Bend.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: J4SC75

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

Aug 24, 2017
Dart looks like the 2nd coming of Sam Darnold. But lets be real for a moment- this team has a lot of issues. We can't run the ball. Defensively, we are weak up the middle. We are soft. The culture( set by Gomer) is terrible, and won't evaporate for quite some time. The idea of whipping an undefeated Irish squad next month looks like a real pipe dream. I am hoping we can beat the Beavers.
GO BEARCATS

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Dart looks like the 2nd coming of Sam Darnold. But lets be real for a moment- this team has a lot of issues. We can't run the ball. Defensively, we are weak up the middle. We are soft. The culture( set by Gomer) is terrible, and won't evaporate for quite some time. The idea of whipping an undefeated Irish squad next month looks like a real pipe dream. I am hoping we can beat the Beavers.
GO BEARCATS
I didn’t see their last game, but the two previous showed me nothing that can’t be overcome by the domers.. fsu is winless with a loss to a D2 team, and the rockets? Really.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
I don't want to give them any excuses for firing Brian Kelly, which would complicate our coaching search radically, for we would be competing with the Domer head coach search team everywhere we went to look. I don't want them nailing off a coach we dearly want ourselves. I am thinking long term now. Urban Meyer might even change his mind concerning staying in the pros if the Domer job suddenly opened up. Do we want THAT? Urban is inscrutable and you never know with him. I try to think outsside of the box. Hopefully I am just plane nuts. FIGHT ON!

Gr8ythunter

Aug 24, 2017
Three games ago I would not have said this. But if we keep playing the swashbuckling, fearless Jaxson Dart, I want those wicked Domers something fierce and I want them undefeated. Before the season started I deemed it impossible that we could ever handle the Domers this year because of the high quality of the Domer O line and how our skinny nose tackles would be whupped to a frazzle by blue and gold Irish O linemen. But I like our chances now, not that I actually expect no huge problems from the so highly talented ND squad, but I still like our chances, even in that accursed South Bend.
It's not the domers oline you should worry about.
SC will have about 1 to 1 1/2 seconds (from the snap) to get the ball out of the QB's hands, longer than that ........ smushed

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
Well yes of course. That always worries me with our AIR GUMBO geared O line. We have to axe Harrell, and start a huge reclamation project on our O at large and our O line in particular. We have to find O lineman that can actually fire out fiercely and control the LOS. We need to run the rock with vim, vigor and violence.

Reactions: Cherokee55

CoronaTrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
I'm a big fan of Pete Arbogast's old comment on what a "Perfect Day" is for a USC fan - (1) a USC win (2) ND loss and (3) UCLA loss - of course the best version of that day is when USC plays and beats one of those two teams and the other loses

No love lost for either ND or UCLA - period

AnArchitect

Sep 3, 2017
I couldn't disagree more.
If there were anyone - ANYONE in the world - that I would want to see lose - groveling, sniveling, begging for mercy with no dignity left and no friends to defend them... it would be fucla.

But a VERY CLOSE second would be those sanctimonious pr!cks from South Bend.
If they could lose games they're not even playing in, I'd be all for it.

TrojanHoss

Aug 24, 2017
I couldn't disagree more.
If there were anyone - ANYONE in the world - that I would want to see lose - groveling, sniveling, begging for mercy with no dignity left and no friends to defend them... it would be fucla.

But a VERY CLOSE second would be those sanctimonious pr!cks from South Bend.
If they could lose games they're not even playing in, I'd be all for it.
I'm going to add anOhio State to this list. They have become my most hated team (and fanbase). I would pull for UGLY and the Domers to beat them, that's how much I despise them. And that's saying something.

jjg4sc

Aug 24, 2017
fUcla vs ND. I’m holding my nose and going for ND. Same with Stanford. Man I hate those two. Was almost going to go up to Stanford to see ND. I know that damn tree would trigger me.😂🤮🪓🌲

Troy Dad 2016

Aug 30, 2021
Go
I don't want to give them any excuses for firing Brian Kelly, which would complicate our coaching search radically, for we would be competing with the Domer head coach search team everywhere we went to look. I don't want them nailing off a coach we dearly want ourselves. I am thinking long term now. Urban Meyer might even change his mind concerning staying in the pros if the Domer job suddenly opened up. Do we want THAT? Urban is inscrutable and you never know with him. I try to think outsside of the box. Hopefully I am just plane nuts. FIGHT ON!
Good point about Kelly. And if Fickell is indeed at or near the top of USC’s list, then I could easily see Notre Dame making a run at him, too.

AnArchitect

Sep 3, 2017
I'm going to add anOhio State to this list. They have become my most hated team (and fanbase). I would pull for UGLY and the Domers to beat them, that's how much I despise them. And that's saying something.
Absolutely.
I'm from Southern Indiana, near Cincinnati.
Before their Tressel natty, there was ZERO love for anOsu in the area.
Now it's huge even there.

I had a friend who went to Miami U in Oxford, he was up for a game in Columbus and a bucks fan pulled a gun on him just for getting too close to his tailgate on his way in to the game.

If they were a rival, I'd hate them on a level with fucla.
But I hate them as much as one can hate a non-rival.

An Aunt got a grad degree there.
And people did the stupid arm waving spelling thing when singing the alma mater AT A GRADUATION.

Reactions: August West

denali15

Aug 28, 2017
I'm a big fan of Pete Arbogast's old comment on what a "Perfect Day" is for a USC fan - (1) a USC win (2) ND loss and (3) UCLA loss - of course the best version of that day is when USC plays and beats one of those two teams and the other loses

No love lost for either ND or UCLA - period
And free donuts at the next game.

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
This is not a great ND team they are just begging of an @$$whoopin.

Luke Fickle needs this win. I actually think Cindy has the advantage in several key areas. QB is one. I’m taking Cincinnati here by 10pts

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018

Luke Fickle needs this win. I actually think Cindy has the advantage in several key areas. QB is one. I’m taking Cincinnati here by 10pts
We gotta hit em now against Wisconsin, when ND is undefeated and #12. Wisconsin has one win against EMU (it did lose to P. state ). Wisconsin has climbed to a six-point favorite Saturday. Wagering on football is risky. A lot can go wrong including turnovers and bad officiating, however, I think laying the six is a good move.

Arhedge

Staff member
Aug 24, 2017
There have been times when I’ve wanted ND to win to benefit the Trojans. But as soon as the game starts, the emotions trump the logic and I inevitably start rooting for bad things to happen to the Irish.

But this year, when USC is in turmoil and has giant holes in the roster? SC isn’t doing anything this year anyway, so how does a Notre Dame win against anybody help us? I won’t even attempt to pull for the Irish this year. I wish them nothing but pain and humiliation every week.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
There have been times when I’ve wanted ND to win to benefit the Trojans. But as soon as the game starts, the emotions trump the logic and I inevitably start rooting for bad things to happen to the Irish.

But this year, when USC is in turmoil and has giant holes in the roster? SC isn’t doing anything this year anyway, so how does a Notre Dame win against anybody help us? I won’t even attempt to pull for the Irish this year. I wish them nothing but pain and humiliation every week.
Them winning more games does not help us, especially not against ranked opponents. They've been suspect for two games now and someone needs to knock them out. I think Cincy has the team to do it.

J4SC75

Aug 24, 2017
Fickell is how you spell his name. Fickle is what some SC fans are.

J4SC75

Aug 24, 2017
Don't think you have to worry about ND firing Kelly. He does just enough to hang on and recently that has been good enough to get to the playoffs.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

J4SC75

Aug 24, 2017

Totally disagree on the QB. Did you watch the Bearcats last weekend? Cinci QB almost cost them the game because of his up and down play while Coan is looking quite good for ND. Wisconsin QB also meh. Wish ND would lose to both Wisconsin and Cinci, but ND has the talent to pick up steam. Want them to lose, but guessing they will win both.

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
Totally disagree on the QB. Did you watch the Bearcats last weekend? Cinci QB almost cost them the game because of his up and down play while Coan is looking quite good for ND. Wisconsin QB also meh. Wish ND would lose to both Wisconsin and Cinci, but ND has the talent to pick up steam. Want them to lose, but guessing they will win both.
So you think ND will get it together this week at Wisconsin? It struggled pretty badly in its first three games but I know it has talent. Bettors are hammering the Badgers. It opened at -3 and is up to -6.5. By game time if should be over a touchdown. I never really like following the crowd so I am starting to get cold feet. My first inclination was Wisconsin by three touchdowns but I have a morbid aversion to the Irish. I sure miss beating them, though.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017

As much as I enjoy seeing the Suckeyes die a slow, unnatural Saturday death, I couldn't ever bring myself to root for fCLA or NoD. I suppose it's a DNA thing.

But yes, there's a long list of personally despised programs bouncing around my cranium, and right at the very tip-top of that list, year-in and year-out and without exception, are our hereditary arch-rivals; the hated sissified baby-blues and the murdering Leprechauns from South Bendover.

Being an equal-opportunity hater, such as I am, I would almost always add Oregon, Florida, tOSU and Texas near the top of my personal list. Where it become hard is when, for example, Florida plays tOSU, Oregon plays Tejas or when fCLA plays NoD. Then conflicting emotions will invariably erupt.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
As much as I enjoy seeing the Suckeyes die a slow, unnatural Saturday death, I couldn't ever bring myself to root for fCLA or NoD. I suppose it's a DNA thing.
I could root for ND over Ohio St. if it helped USC somehow. I just don’t like Ohio St, they are down there with ND. UCLA is below both of them.

Reactions: HectorSpectre

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
I could root for ND over Ohio St. if it helped USC somehow. I just don’t like Ohio St, they are down there with ND. UCLA is below both of them.

If I ever had to pick to win between tOSU & NoD, I'd put a brown bag over my head and accept being a mini-bucknut for a bit.

I actually used to like the Buckeyes when Woody Hayes was there. Certainly not like USC, but I still enjoyed watching those Hayes Buckeye teams. With guys like Stillwagon, Otis, Brockington & Hayden, Rex Kern, Jankoski & White, Jack Tatum and Mike Sensibaugh; they were stacked. Woodrow had some epically stacked rosters.

Remember when Michigan/tOSU were great battles, with consequences, almost every year? Hayes vs. Schembechler; that's a great match-up, even on replay.

And Nebraska vs. Oklahoma, when they were playing for the Big 8 title every year, and possibly a Natty. And how about Texas vs. Arky, when the Hogs had Bambi (Lance A.) and were also in the Big8 ... when it was a terrific conference.

And USC vs. fCLA, back when the bRUINS could still rep'.

So much good football back there ... and why I still love this sport above all others.

Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Hockey10

Aug 24, 2017
My first reaction was HC motivated. If we are interested in Fickle and he wins this game, then wins out he may not be interested in leaving to be our HC. On the other hand if he is going to become our HC he might as well get really good at beating ND.

Latest posts