I Was Planning to Call Recruits After the Game

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
NOTHING is funny to me just now. NOTHING! I hope we can still land a big fish for our new head coach after last night. Hope springs eternal, I suppose, but it ain't springing with much vigor right now in my particular breast and in fact seems to be on life support...or even code blue.

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
These recruits are not stupid. They have to see the dumpster fire going on here. I would imagine that if they were smart they would run the other way as fast as they can.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
These recruits are not stupid. They have to see the dumpster fire going on here. I would imagine that if they were smart they would run the other way as fast as they can.
If I were a recruit, I would look toward a new HC on the horizon. It’s a bit harder for those that are commits for next year, as you don’t know who the HC will be and how your skills would be utilized in his system.

But I wouldn’t look at the mess the program is currently in. This mess will pass, IF Bohn and company do their due diligence in hiring the next HC.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
But perhaps in Dart lieth hope or even some degree of salvation. He is a future Elvis. There is that to think about, at least. 45 unanswered points in the rain in hostile Pullman. Yeah, I get it, Wazzu is no great shakes, but still -- a true freshmam cool enough to do what he did with both his big time wheels and his rocket arm and willingness to take bigtime risks, and never worrying all that much after making some frosh mistake, even AFTER BEING BADLY INJURED but just forging ONWARD remorselessly. There is much to say for him and his approach in the way of offering us all some hope.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
I stopped Drake London last night and asked if he had time for a few questions from the media pool.

“What do you want me to say?”

Same applies to recruits I could call. Some were at this game and Stanford. Wtf do you now sell other than early playing time and the USC experience/education etc.?

That’s what Ed Orgeron sold after the 2001 season. Better start talking nice to Plan C and D recruiting Targets too. This may not be rock bottom until another month from now.

SailorGabe

Aug 29, 2021
I stopped Drake London last night and asked if he had time for a few questions from the media pool.

Same applies to recruits I could call. Some were at this game and Stanford. Wtf do you now sell other than early playing time and the USC experience/education etc.?

That’s what Ed Orgeron sold after the 2001 season. Better start talking nice to Plan C and D recruiting Targets too. This may not be rock bottom until another month from now.
And you thought I was crazy….it’s ok we will be back.

ILOVEFOOTBALL

Aug 30, 2021

Time to sh*tcan the fancy game introduction ceremony!

CoronaTrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
If I were a recruit, I would look toward a new HC on the horizon. It’s a bit harder for those that are commits for next year, as you don’t know who the HC will be and how your skills would be utilized in his system.

But I wouldn’t look at the mess the program is currently in. This mess will pass, IF Bohn and company do their due diligence in hiring the next HC.
I get what Medic is saying - but I wonder if such a sophisticated mature reflective perspective is something that teenage athletes who are concerned about ESPN highlights and fancy unis and the CFP would be able to muster when a coach from a current top 25 school comes calling - adults have the benefits of experience when making decisions about things that have long-term decisions and with the situation at USC being so clearly one of instability and chaos those with a short-term perspective would most likely want to run from the situation.

On the other hand, there may be some recruits who are predisposed to USC for whatever reason and let's hope they will have the maturity and patience to wait out things and see who the new head coach will be and make their decision at that point rather than in the midst of the smoke of the current dumpster fire.

SOTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Losing to Colorado and Dorrell would be sheet-icing on the cake.
Losing to a formerly fired UCLA coach would be a new low.
Get the feeling we haven't seen nothing yet.
We lost to him when he was not yet formerly-fired.

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Scott I don’t know you and I wasn’t a scoop subscriber but reading your stuff here. I like the way your mind works. You’re not one of these media halfwits that paint a rosy picture all the time. Plus you have a great sense of humor. When things are bad you call it! We can trust a writer like this.

I’ve been posting here under Cardinal&gold. I had them change my name because this is what I used on YouTube.

Keep up the good work. Good idea not reaching out to recruits what’s the use? You will just put them in an awkward position to try and come up with something positive to say when they are probably wondering WTF happed to USC.

trojan.champ

Aug 24, 2017

Is it that bad for recruiting? I would imagine Donte Williams can talk about fixing this mess. There will be playing time available. Also, a new head coach will help get attention.

How was Campbell’s visit?

Reactions: ScottSchrader

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
Is it that bad for recruiting? I would imagine Donte Williams can talk about fixing this mess. There will be playing time available. Also, a new head coach will help get attention.

How was Campbell’s visit?

I forgot to ask Devon. Hard to believe, I know 🤥

Donte’s a great recruiter and kids trust him, but they don’t even know what the future has in store for him at USC.

He’s probably not a miracle worker and that’s USC’s only hope after Saturday.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

Trojans 67

Sep 25, 2021
Hi Scott , my son and I met you at a recruiting dinner at a Mexican restaurant when you were at TOS . Got your deal and signed up yesterday.

Reactions: ScottSchrader

sctrojan2006

Aug 24, 2017

This ^^ Many of these local recruits still want to play at home, so their friends and family can watch them play. We need to get a solid hire announced before they commit, or we need to beat the bRuins to keep the upcoming year's recruits, because UCLA is very much our competition for the local talent. Competing for the next year's talent that is looking at Alabama or UGA is going to be far more difficult, even with a homerun hire of a head coach.

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018

Let’s see how many hit the transfer portal. I can see Korey hitting the portal due to lack of playing time

Socrates

Aug 29, 2021
London's play speaks volumes on the type of player he is.
I wouldn't care if he did not say a thing all the way up to Draft Day.

Latest posts