Inflation hits new 40 year high

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
You are just making up stuff. Disposable income didn’t go due to minimum wages increases, it went up because of covid relief checks.
Disposable income did increase from 2021 over 2020...

You know why? 2020 was the COVID SHUTDOWN....lots of people didnt work, esp the restaurant/hotels/tourism folks....

I myself was guaranteed 75% of my wage for like 3 months, then had do some partial unenemployment latter part of 2020...so I had to make do with less in 2020..

January 2021 came and I was doing 40+ hours of billables...as companies needed help due to all the people that left various companies during the shutdown....2021 was one of my best years in awhile.

But only IDIOTS would claim that as a fantastic economic performance, coming off the 2020 shutdown....

Last edited:

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
Disposable income did increase from 2021 over 2020...

You know why? 2020 was the COVID SHUTDOWN....lots of people didnt work, esp the restaurant/hotels/tourism folks....

I myself was guaranteed 75% of my wage for like 3 months, then had do some partial unenemployment latter part of 2020...so I had to make do with less in 2020..

January 2021 came and I was doing 40+ hours of billables...as companies needed help due to all the people that left various companies during the shutdown....2021 was one of my best years in awhile.

But only IDIOTS would claim that as a fantastic economic performance, coming off the 2020 shutdown....
I completely lost my marketing business during shutdown. All gone.

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
Economy is strong according to old joe and inflation only "moved up an inch." The idiot in chief is arguing numbers while mothers forage for baby formula because the supply line debacle hasn't been resolved - seven months! If you're a mother or father in these depressed economic times and you can't feed or clothe your baby then you're another idiot if you vote for democrats and for old joe. The layoffs have started and will get worse. To quote old joe from last year, "It's going to be a dark winter." Yeah, a dark, cold, and hungry winter for millions and millions of Americans.

• Sad
Reactions: Rodgarnay51

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
Foreign government officials in the US Capital actively lobbying our elected officials.

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
Guy who says "her father already works for us" is Bank of America CEO. Isn't freedom and democracy great!

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
FINALLY! The end of Modern Monetary Theory has collapsed into the dust bin of history. Rick Santelli of Market Watch called MMT a "stupid idea." The theory that the US could continue to indefinitely print money with no consequences was pie in the sky thinking - a ponzi scheme. DOW crashes below 30,000 today and the real pain begins. The biden economic policies have failed miserably and because of biden America is a higher risk borrower, which means higher lending rates. 10-year bonds hit a staggering and sobering 3.83%, under President Trump I believe it was it was under 1%. It's the bonds that run your life. Now the work can begin to crush this damaged MMT economy and get back to sound fiscal policies and the will to create a structurally sound economy. Much like Gustave Courbet's painting The Burial at Ornans represented the funeral for the Renaissance and the ushering in of Realism; so it is today that Modern Monetary Theory has its own funeral. GaryB is in mourning. Welcome to the world of REALISM.

BOOM...MKJ-OT has won the economic argument. Burn in hell, MMT.

Last edited:

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
Unvetted.

Ukraine, the best lobbyists in the known universe. Or, America, the dumbest collection of political officials in that same universe.

"Half a dozen representatives of the neo-Nazi-led Azov movement in Ukraine are currently visiting the United States, taking meetings in Washington and reaching out to Ukrainian Americans."

• Wow
Reactions: Rodgarnay51

GaryB

Aug 24, 2017
The theory that the US could continue to indefinitely print money with no consequences was pie in the sky thinking - a ponzi scheme. DOW crashes below 30,000 today and the real pain begins.
N8 - Hold it! Aren’t you the guy that wants Trump and his $8 trillion in deficit spending back in office? Even funnier is you use the US equity market as your proxy for the health of our economy.

The total value of your proxy (US equity markets) is $24 trillion. The total value of the US credit markets is $1 quadrillion. In your teaspoon of wisdom, why don’t you explain to me the effect that Trump’s deficits had on the credit markets?

Let’s make this discussion simpler. In 1934, the US pegged the exchanged value of the exchange ratio for the USD at $20.67 per ounce of pure gold.; and prohibited the public from holding gold. Then, FDR increased the exchange rate from $20 to $35 an oz. What just happened and why is that action credited with ending the Depression?

You spend your time searching for sound bites that support your political agenda. In the meantime, the Globe has the challenge of digging out of a hole caused by a pandemic, exaggerated by military aggression and trade tension.

38 central banks raised rates this past week. The US is quickly approaching terminal rate (if not already there), with the globe (excluding Turkey) aligned. If you really believe that MMT is the culprit; then, why are emerging markets that denominate their currency in USD raising rates? Same question for pegged currencies?

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
Is this invasion month or what?

Freedom and democracy but we have tools if things go in a difficult direction.

"If things go in a difficult direction...we have tools,"

Gold Trojan

Aug 27, 2017
Markets implode as recession fears are reality.

Gold Trojan

Aug 27, 2017
Inflation remains historically high, placing low and moderate income households in the biggest pinch.

Gold Trojan

Aug 27, 2017
And yet some on here (caught up in their own dreams of grandeur and sense of narcissism) will try and convince everyone that all is well.

Naked Gun Panic GIF

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
"The average American has lost $4,200 in income due to soaring inflation and rising interest rates, according to an analysis by the Heritage Foundation.

Experts at the right-leaning think tank analyzed consumer prices data and the Federal Reserve's interest rates. Consumer prices have risen 12.7 percent since 2021, far outpacing wages and Heritage experts believe this has cost Americans about $3,000 each in purchasing power.

As the Fed pushes interest rates to a range of 3-3.25 percent, higher borrowing costs are squeezing Americans on mortgages, vehicle loans and credit cards, costing another $1,200 per year."

Yay biden.

Reactions: SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
Markets implode as recession fears are reality.
Remarkable they can't concede we're already in a recession. Stagflation is already happening. Next Quarter will be ( -1) according to the Atlanta Fed report. Forget recession, one more blow and this country will be in Great Depression II.

Lock_Him_Up

Aug 12, 2022
I‘m not giving Biden a pass on inflation, but inflation is a global phenomena; we didn’t drag the entire globe into an inflationary period. I won’t go into what caused this as I think it will go over most of your heads (and I don’t feel like typing that much), but Biden is a convenient scapegoat, as all presidents are for the economy they oversee.

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
Definitely another act of inflation reduction.

https://www.state.gov/457-5-million-in-new-u-s-civilian-security-assistance-for-ukraine/

"The United States today committed an additional $457.5 million in civilian security assistance to enhance the efforts of Ukrainian law enforcement and criminal justice agencies to improve their operational capacity and save lives as they continue to help defend the Ukrainian people, their freedom, and their democracy from the Kremlin’s brutal war of aggression."

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
I‘m not giving Biden a pass on inflation, but inflation is a global phenomena; we didn’t drag the entire globe into an inflationary period. I won’t go into what caused this as I think it will go over most of your heads (and I don’t feel like typing that much), but Biden is a convenient scapegoat, as all presidents are for the economy they oversee.

Actually, Biden was very much responsible for a huge portion of the inflation. The spending, the war on the fossil fuel industry, etc. all these things added up to a very predictable result.

And inflation is not out of control around the world. Europe has a problem because of their idiotic energy policies.

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
And inflation is not out of control around the world. Europe has a problem because of their idiotic energy policies.
Correct. The United States is dead last among all industrialized countries for highest inflation. Dead last. In fact, the US is in the company of third world countries. It's dispicable what the biden regime has done to this country.

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
Hmm, this is a very informative economic analysis. I couldn't agree more!

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
The real problem we have now is Powell. Ask any Wall Street guy. Rates were too low for too long and now he is raising more then required. Inflation was due to many reasons but the 2% mortgage last summer was a big part of it. Everyone I know did a cash out refi. It also made house prices go crazy. And no he was not appointed by Biden. It was president juice the economy Trump

Oldschoolrock

Aug 24, 2017
the real issue is the dollar is blowing up cross trades on other currencies and currency crisis is here.....Either the Fed jawbones the dollar down this week or expect at least 351 SPY....we have some really bad folks in politics on both sides, more so with the unhinged left
...Taxpayers are the ones who feel it most

Funny were sending so much money to NATO and Ukraine thru the Biden Obama criminal syndicate.........its exactly why someone was trying to disband that over used organization of weapons sales

• Angry

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
With high inflation the dollar should be weaker but it’s never been stronger. With a recession unemployment should be high not record lows. That’s why this is not your standard recession. The problem is the fed doing a horrible job

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
the real issue is the dollar is blowing up cross trades on other currencies and currency crisis is here.....Either the Fed jawbones the dollar down this week or expect at least 351 SPY....we have some really bad folks in politics on both sides, more so with the unhinged left
...Taxpayers are the ones who feel it most

Funny were sending so much money to NATO and Ukraine thru the Biden Obama criminal syndicate.........its exactly why someone was trying to disband that over used organization of weapons sales
Biden's energy policies and pushing that Ukraine border conflict with Russia has sent the world into a tailspin. He is responsible for a global economic collapse. He refuses to take responsibility for ruining an American economy on the rise again after the Covid shutdown. Worst ever to occupy the Oval Office. The clown knows nothing about running a country.

GaryB

Aug 24, 2017
Biden's energy policies and pushing that Ukraine border conflict with Russia has sent the world into a tailspin.
N8: perhaps you will share the changes that Biden could make to energy policies to fix whatever problems you blame on him?

The US has 141 oil refiners with the last one coming online in January 2022. Currently, the US is operating at max capacity, eclipsing the 2019 production record. Other refining nations have substantial excess capacity, with China’s lockdown idling refiners in both China and Russia.

The strong dollar and distribution of oil from the strategic reserve have contributed to global prices falling, along with the decline in China demand.

outside of dropping sanctions on Iran and Russian oil exports, what policies could this administration implement to reduce oil prices?

Gold Trojan

Aug 27, 2017
  • Angry

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
With high inflation the dollar should be weaker but it’s never been stronger. With a recession unemployment should be high not record lows. That’s why this is not your standard recession. The problem is the fed doing a horrible job
Because America needs to take the economic advise from…

xuscx

ROTGLMAO!

xuscx; you know nothing, of which you type.

• Haha

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017

Latest posts