KEENON CHRISTION

Georgetirebiter IV

Aug 26, 2017
USC has never been like Spurrior’s Florida teams, or some of the Miami teams. I don’t know if guys are kicked off the team on accusations alone. Being Title IX isn’t right, nor should the standard be criminally guilty. Lots of room between those two to balance things. I want the rules set where they protect both the women and the men.

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
Not sure why this is such a difficult concept.
Well, it can get complicated. Reported rumors of Bubba Bolden is the dude was an a-hole that was picking on other students and bullying (over and over). Rumors were other players tried to rein him in, but he wasn't having it. Not sure if that's true or not, but if it was, that may cross the line of shenanigans to where the dude is a liability to the team/the school/other students etc. It's also just poor discipline. Being on the team and the school scholly are privileges, not entitlements.

That's where these chat sites get into trouble...passing judgement on scarce information/hypotheticals when we don't have all the info.

And the ever popular assumption that "title ix" must once again be the culprit and the player must be innocent.

Last edited:

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
To clarify, sexual battery is not "boys will be boys." I'm referring to the daily occurrences of student life. I am not aware of any case of sexual battery, or even a guy hitting a girl after first being hit, during my years at USC. Maybe there were indigents, but I'm not aware of any.
I understood you. We have posted together long enough that I know you wouldn't make such a careless comment.
If we're talking paintball gun silliness, the occasional bar fight or the like...sure, handle it internally. If it becomes a pattern, then it's not really being handled. But yes, we shouldn't conflate "shenanigans" w/ actual crimes. Doesn't further the conversation any.
Agreed. Shenanigans for me were the small stuff and the money stuff. Everything else which is violent or a repeated pattern as you suggest, is it's own category.

dbw021

Aug 24, 2017
Can’t win Natties with that attitude.
I’m being facetious, but USC is already overly pro active on discipline IMO. Other schools are basically no blood no harm no foul, unless it isn’t MUCH blood, then you’re good to go then.

About 8-9 years ago I renovated Jon Stinchcomb’s swimming pool. He’s the greatest lineman in UGA history, played on the Saints Super Bowl Team and a gigantic human being. Very nice too.

One day I was talking to his mom and stepfather. I was wearing a USC ball cap and she asked if anyone around Athens ever gave me a hard time about it? I told her not really, mostly just stuff about us paying Reggie Bush.

Her exact words were “ If those idiots knew half of what went on at Georgia, they wouldn’t say a word”

That coming from a Top 5-10 player in Georgia History’s mother, and Mark Richt, Mr Goody Two Shoes was still coach.
Now? Sheesh, who knows?
Well, Georgia is a SEC school. Those folks are very creative supporting their football programs.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
What evidence do you have USC is clean? Their resent history of lying and cheating does not back that up.

Besides Reggie bush that’s old news.

They covered up for a serial sexual predator scum bag doctor for decades wasn’t an issue (until he got caught)

AD Pat Haden’s side charity dealings were questioned in the media.

USC got caught in an admission scandal. (Again crickets until they got caught)

People say Oregon cheats at recruiting? Ask D. Williams he was on their staff, he should know. ( Did USC hire a cheater) or is the Oregon cheating accusations Fake News? You can’t have it both ways here.

Id like to hear what Williams has to say about It. See if he will debunk that claim for us.
Where did I say I thought USC is clean?
Saying they have been harder on players who had some off the field issues compared to other teams who would never give them more than a slap on the wrist, does not mean USC is clean. At most SEC schools, after Bru McCoy wasn‘t charged, he would have been practicing two days later.

Really? Reggie Bush is old news? Thanks, but I do believe i knew that already, hence the 9 year old anecdotal story.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Where did I say I thought USC is clean?
Saying they have been harder on players who had some off the field issues compared to other teams who would never give them more than a slap on the wrist, does not mean USC is clean. At most SEC schools, after Bru McCoy wasn‘t charged, he would have been practicing two days later.

Really? Reggie Bush is old news? Thanks, but I do believe i knew that already, hence the 9 year old anecdotal story.
I'd be hard pressed seeing a situation were players accused of Title XI violations on or off the field. Get reinstated at USC no matter who the HC is or changes in rules in the program (three-strike system). There's been too much "Good ole boys" stuff happening at USC for that to change much.

Last edited:

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Well, Georgia is a SEC school. Those folks are very creative supporting their football programs.
Which was the point of my story. That wasn’t rumor, that was straight from the mouth of the mother of two of their greatest players.
We're not running a day care center, we're trying to get a winning football program. If all other schools had the same discipline standards, then it would equalize. But they don't. So USC should focus on winning and forget the self-righteous attitude about conduct.

Many people posting here went to USC before the era of cameras everywhere and cell phones. What do you think happened every night around campus? Let's not pretend that pranks and "unauthorized" conduct didn't happen. And that's just the regular students.

How about the football players? Coke machine out the upper floor window? Cadaver? Never happened, right?

Boys will be boys in the good old days. Like Sgt. Schultz, the administration looked the other way then.

If the police get involved, that's between the player and the law. As far as the fans go, just win. If you need a blow off a little steam like every other student, give the kids the benefit of the doubt.
Never heard the cadaver story, but please tell me there was no gang bang involved. Short of that, I can handle pretty much anything

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
So is Notre Dame and Oklahoma and Ohio State and Miami at one time. That's not unique to the SEC. If you want to know where the real grift is right now, IMO it's College Station.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

Trojack

Aug 24, 2017
Did Bru's incident happen on campus or off? Does that matter in these situations?

Nope. Especially if it involved another student. USC's policy for at least the last 20 years has been that when the players do **** off the field, they belong to the university to do with as they please, and they often do. Every year, we lose at least one player because of that office; you would think the players would be paying attention to that.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Nope. Especially if it involved another student. USC's policy for at least the last 20 years has been that when the players do **** off the field, they belong to the university to do with as they please, and they often do. Every year, we lose at least one player because of that office; you would think the players would be paying attention to that.
I do think it was off campus but I don't believe the girl is a student at USC. No idea how that plays in the outcome.

Latest posts