KEENON CHRISTION

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
In the same position as Mccoy
Wait, what??

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
If Donte does one thing may it be to explain to our players if they exhibit poor judgment and bad behavior away from the team there is no place for them on the team or in our school.
Can’t win Natties with that attitude.
I’m being facetious, but USC is already overly pro active on discipline IMO. Other schools are basically no blood no harm no foul, unless it isn’t MUCH blood, then you’re good to go even then.

About 8-9 years ago I renovated Jon Stinchcomb’s swimming pool. He’s the greatest lineman (IMO)in UGA history, played on the Saints Super Bowl Team and a gigantic human being. Very nice too.

One day I was talking to his mom and stepfather. I was wearing a USC ball cap and she asked if anyone around Athens ever gave me a hard time about it? I told her not really, mostly just stuff about us paying Reggie Bush.

Her exact words were “ If those idiots knew half of what went on at Georgia, they wouldn’t say a word”

That coming from a Top 5-10 player in Georgia History’s mother, and Mark Richt, Mr Goody Two Shoes was still coach.
Now? Sheesh, who knows?

Last edited:

Petey Rob

Aug 24, 2017
We're not running a day care center, we're trying to get a winning football program. If all other schools had the same discipline standards, then it would equalize. But they don't. So USC should focus on winning and forget the self-righteous attitude about conduct.

Many people posting here went to USC before the era of cameras everywhere and cell phones. What do you think happened every night around campus? Let's not pretend that pranks and "unauthorized" conduct didn't happen. And that's just the regular students.

How about the football players? Coke machine out the upper floor window? Cadaver? Never happened, right?

Boys will be boys in the good old days. Like Sgt. Schultz, the administration looked the other way then.

If the police get involved, that's between the player and the law. As far as the fans go, just win. If you need a blow off a little steam like every other student, give the kids the benefit of the doubt.
I hope you don't have kids.

You do know that it's possible to be a good athlete and a good person, right? Why would the standard be anything less than that?

Boys will be boys...gtfoh. This is the type of guidance that will get a kid locked up or fked up nowadays.

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018

You do know that it's possible to be a good athlete and a good person, right? Why would the standard be anything less than that?

Boys will be boys...gtfoh. This is the type of guidance that will get a kid locked up or fked up nowadays.
I guess they took it the wrong way and I guess my post was ambiguous and left too much room for interpretation. I really meant if you get in a heated fight with your girlfriend walk away before things get out of hand and stuff like that but I know where they are coming from, too. Anyway we are down two good football players.

SCnAZ

Aug 24, 2017
You could have a young Bo Jackson in the backfield, with out online he would be crushed

Trojack

Aug 24, 2017
We're not running a day care center, we're trying to get a winning football program. If all other schools had the same discipline standards, then it would equalize. But they don't. So USC should focus on winning and forget the self-righteous attitude about conduct.

Many people posting here went to USC before the era of cameras everywhere and cell phones. What do you think happened every night around campus? Let's not pretend that pranks and "unauthorized" conduct didn't happen. And that's just the regular students.

How about the football players? Coke machine out the upper floor window? Cadaver? Never happened, right?

Boys will be boys in the good old days. Like Sgt. Schultz, the administration looked the other way then.

If the police get involved, that's between the player and the law. As far as the fans go, just win. If you need a blow off a little steam like every other student, give the kids the benefit of the doubt.

If they can't follow simple directions to stay invisible to the Office of Equity, Equal Opportunity, and Title IX, that's on them. It's like some of them have a death wish.

big_pete

Nov 19, 2017
Did Bru's incident happen on campus or off? Does that matter in these situations?

SCMD13

Aug 24, 2017

To be clear, sexual assault allegations, whether legit or not, are not instances of "boys being boys".

CurtC

Aug 24, 2017
Not to change the subject, but a bigger question for me is, Where's our running game in general??

Reactions: AMLTrojan

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
ALLEGATIONS are NOT proof, except for the title nine folks. Does the accused get to face his accuser like our Constitution says he must have the right to. Can he cross examine his accuser? Allegations are easy to make. Proof is harder to establish. The D.A dropped all charges against Bru because, evidently, they know about Constitutional guarantees, which the Title Nine woke geniuses themselves care nothing about.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Would be great if we could get their names right. It's Kenan Christon.

One day I was talking to his mom and stepfather. I was wearing a USC ball cap and she asked if anyone around Athens ever gave me a hard time about it? I told her not really, mostly just stuff about us paying Reggie Bush.

Her exact words were “ If those idiots knew half of what went on at Georgia, they wouldn’t say a word”

That coming from a Top 5-10 player in Georgia History’s mother, and Mark Richt, Mr Goody Two Shoes was still coach.
Now? Sheesh, who knows?
Any top team, or contending team, then and now, had and has shenanigans. Nobody should pretend otherwise.
Boys were boys for 4 years at USC. Maybe you and I differ on what that means. In the good old days, pranks were daily occurrences. Pranks help kids learn to be creative. Sometimes people take things too far. I know lots of very successful people that did lots of stuff back in the day.

You're statement is accurate that kids need to be more careful today. Today's world is a camera filled, finger pointed hell compared to our youth.

I know plenty of people you might think are successful that acted like kids when they were kids, starting with our chairman.
A couple thoughts....yes, I think things were different once upon a time. I don't know how we went from what most would consider "mostly innocent" stuff, to sexual assault, physical altercations, etc. That's for another thread on the OT.

I also think the omnipresence of cameras, both building-mounted and cell phones have changed the game for sure. It's not just youth that is being watched and judged on an hourly basis. Heck, people's past from 20 years ago is being trotted out today and somebody gets fired over it.

That said, USC had unofficial legal protection for decades in the form of Ed Hookstratten. Hook would and could make things go away and quietly. What he did never made the papers but it was well-known that if you were a USC athlete and had issues with the law, a phone call would be made. So there was that system where it was between athlete and law enforcement and then we have the Title IX nonsense of today. One likely led to the other.

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
There are no perfect answers/responses/punishments when it comes to "He said/She said" allegations of assault (sexual or otherwise). You can take the "Constitutional" approach of burden of proof on the accuser and the litmus test of the DA having enough proof to charge. Sure, that seems logical, as long as you're cool w/ plenty of assaults on young women that will go unpunished. Besides a player giving his gf a black eye, bruises or choke marks on her neck...gonna be pretty tough to prove. Same goes on the sexual front...try proving something wasn't consensual. Not to mention, asking the assaulted young lady to fight against the player/fb program/school/city/classmates when the accusation would cause a prominent player to not play .

As we learned w/ the "Famous Jameis" case in Tallahassee, forcing the woman to "face her accuser" in a town like Tallahassee where the police were owned by the school, pretty much meant that women had to leave town. No one is interested in taking down a prominent player in those southern college towns...so they "Let boys be boys".

Talking about the "Good Ole Days" is silly. You have no idea what became of those people being "pranked" and claiming no men assaulted women is just ignorant...of course it happened, you just didn't hear about it. Male students assaulting young women isn't a new phenomenon...the reporting and wanting to prosecute is.

I've seen "Revenge Of The Nerds", in real life, the nerds don't get their revenge...they just remain damaged.

Having said all that, kangaroo courts and enacting non judicial punishment on males solely on accusations will lead to false accusations on occasion. And we're back to square one...which would you rather accept? Assaults on young ladies going unpunished or the occasional false accusation against males/players? Our justice system suggest the former. I don't disagree, but I'm a realist enough to know it doesn't come w/out a cost and requires a culture that will try to discourage/punish these assaults when provable to compensate for the unproveable occasions...rather than perpetuate this "Boys will be boys" culture.

Last edited:

denali15

Aug 28, 2017

John McKay respectfully disagrees.

Petey Rob

Aug 24, 2017
John McKay respectfully disagrees.

Cool. I'm not really concerned with your hypothetical disagreement, from a coach that last ran a college program 46 years ago. That was the world he lived in and I'm not trying to go back and change history.

The world has changed since then though. "boys will be boys" is no longer an acceptable response to young men trampling over everyone else to have their "fun".

Being a good person is easy and it costs nothing. Why lower the bar for good football players?

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
Cool. I'm not really concerned with your hypothetical disagreement, from a coach that last ran a college program 46 years ago. That was the world he lived in and I'm not trying to go back and change history.

The world has changed since then though. "boys will be boys" is no longer an acceptable response to young men trampling over everyone else to have their "fun".

Being a good person is easy and it costs nothing. Why lower the bar for good football players?
Haven't you seen the movie "The Program"? The QB had to keep his "edge", so he'd play chicken w/ an oncoming train. Come on man, get on board! Boys will be boys, you're welcome for the entertainment!

Don't make me quote some "Top Gun" on you...

Reactions: Petey Rob

Petey Rob

Aug 24, 2017
Oddly, there were less problems with that culture, reported or not, because times were just different. You can't ignore that.
Oddly, there were less problems reported with that culture, because times were just different. You can't ignore that.

FIFY

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Can’t win Natties with that attitude.
I’m being facetious, but USC is already overly pro active on discipline IMO. Other schools are basically no blood no harm no foul, unless it isn’t MUCH blood, then you’re good to go then.

About 8-9 years ago I renovated Jon Stinchcomb’s swimming pool. He’s the greatest lineman in UGA history, played on the Saints Super Bowl Team and a gigantic human being. Very nice too.

Now? Sheesh, who knows?
What evidence do you have USC is clean? Their resent history of lying and cheating does not back that up.

Besides Reggie bush that’s old news.

They covered up for a serial sexual predator scum bag doctor for decades wasn’t an issue (until he got caught)

AD Pat Haden’s side charity dealings were questioned in the media.

USC got caught in an admission scandal. (Again crickets until they got caught)

People say Oregon cheats at recruiting? Ask D. Williams he was on their staff, he should know. ( Did USC hire a cheater) or is the Oregon cheating accusations Fake News? You can’t have it both ways here.

Id like to hear what Williams has to say about It. See if he will debunk that claim for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: August West

denali15

Aug 28, 2017

Sarcasm isn't your strength, is it?

Name any NC coach who is squeaky clean and meets your standard. Even John Wooden cheated, although he preferred to look the other way. It isn't possible.

Cue the crickets...

Petey Rob

Aug 24, 2017
Sarcasm isn't your strength, is it?

Name any NC coach who is squeaky clean and meets your standard. Even John Wooden cheated, although he preferred to look the other way. It isn't possible.

Cue the crickets...
Unfortunately, sarcasm is difficult to detect on this topic, unless you make it very clear. Your tone was similar to some people who are being 100% serious on the topic.

I'm not saying anyone needs to be perfect. All I'm saying that is that glossing over major issues, using an outdated mindset, should not be accepted as normal anymore, as some here would like it to be. People make mistakes, but there is no need to facilitate that BS as they did in the past.

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
To clarify, sexual battery is not "boys will be boys." I'm referring to the daily occurrences of student life. I am not aware of any case of sexual battery, or even a guy hitting a girl after first being hit, during my years at USC. Maybe there were indigents, but I'm not aware of any.
If we're talking paintball gun silliness, the occasional bar fight or the like...sure, handle it internally. If it becomes a pattern, then it's not really being handled. But yes, we shouldn't conflate "shenanigans" w/ actual crimes. Doesn't further the conversation any.

Latest posts