Lane Kiff as HC

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
I see talking heads like Finebaum and others are touting Lane Kiffin as a viable candidate to come back as HC...

Im not sure about that though...

Thoughts everyone?

Reactions: Cardinal&Gold

AMLTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
I am more than happy to acknowledge his growth as a coach and person since being fired and going through the Saban coaching rehab program. That said, I want to see him win an SEC championship and/or a big-time bowl game first, as well as sustain that success through a QB transition (i.e. after Corrall moves on to the NFL).

trojan raul

Aug 24, 2017
Only if he always wears the Unabomber outfit. At practice, games, talking with media, at Salute to Troy, going to the grocery store, while showering...

Peete2Affholter

Aug 24, 2017
Kiffin is probably a better coach and person than the one that got tarmacked 8 years ago, but I still don't believe he is an elite-level coach that would routinely be mentioned in the same breath with Saban, Meyer, Swinney, etc.

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
Kiffin could probably pick up the HC spots at either AZ or CO if he wanted.

What becomes of Wittingham when Utah drops 5 games this season? Seems like things have gotten stale there...reminds me a little of Coach Mike Riley at the Beavs way back when. Just time to do something else for Whittingham.

Reactions: SC93er

beezenants

Aug 24, 2017
Kiffin's ego again, no thanks. It is nice to see him grow as a coach, but he kind of wears on you pretty quickly.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
I see talking heads like Finebaum and others are touting Lane Kiffin as a viable candidate to come back as HC...

Im not sure about that though...

Thoughts everyone?

I'm in as a 3rd choice and option. Kiffin is one the best offensive minds and best recruiters in the country. QB's Dart & Brown would thrive under Kiffin's O. Lane would bring in top 10 recruiting classes, land top OL & DL in the country. Nah, Lane Kiffin grew up, matured, BAMA's C.Saban shaped him up real good. Lane is not the same knuckle head when he was here 10 yrs ago...

1. Luke Fickell

2. Urban Meyer

3. Lane Kiffin

Last edited:

Arthur Jury

Oct 31, 2018
Same answer as to Eric "Public" Bienemy No. 1 as HC: No !, Hell no !!, F F F -ing No way !!!!

I realize he is probably a different more mature guy than when he was at SC (and good for him!~) but we've been there done that, cannot go back ...

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
I'm in as a 3rd choice and option. Kiffin is one the best offensive minds and best recruiters. He would bring in top 10 classes, land top OL & DL in the country.

1. Luke Fickell

2. Urban Meyer

3. Lane Kiffin
Maybe so, but the only person Lane Kiffin cares about is Lane Kiffin. No way do we want him in our program and in charge of our young men. We have a certain amount of class at SC and there's no need to hire a trailer park coach.

Reactions: August West

AnArchitect

Sep 3, 2017
Now being affiliated with Mississippi State, I would help chip in if we could entice Kiffin to leave The University of Mississippi Oxford Campus, only to tarmac him again as soon as he gets to LAX.

They burned couches when he left Knoxville.

In Oxford, they'll burn crosses.

I just wanna see those pricks suffer.

Hail State and Fight On.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
I am more than happy to acknowledge his growth as a coach and person since being fired and going through the Saban coaching rehab program. That said, I want to see him win an SEC championship and/or a big-time bowl game first, as well as sustain that success through a QB transition (i.e. after Corrall moves on to the NFL).
And yet, his team is undefeated right now and ranked #13. Ole Piss had no defense last year but they took Bama to the wire and put up 48 points in a losing effort. The only other team that played Bama to that extent last year was Florida in the SEC championship.

Pretty tough for that program, and others not named Florida, LSU, or Georgia, to win an SEC championship. But your point on his next QB is a good one.

sc/pacx

Nov 18, 2018
I'm in as a 3rd choice and option. Kiffin is one the best offensive minds and best recruiters. QB's Dart & Brown would thrive under Kiffin's O. Lane would bring in top 10 recruiting classes, land top OL & DL in the country. Nah, Lane Kiffin grew up, matured and not the same knuckle head when he was here, 10 yrs ago...

1. Luke Fickell

2. Urban Meyer

3. Lane Kiffin
I was at Kiffs last game in Arizona, yikes, it was so bad

Reactions: Canyon.usc

sc69er

Aug 31, 2021
I'm in as a 3rd choice and option. Kiffin is one the best offensive minds and best recruiters. QB's Dart & Brown would thrive under Kiffin's O. Lane would bring in top 10 recruiting classes, land top OL & DL in the country. Nah, Lane Kiffin grew up, matured and not the same knuckle head when he was here, 10 yrs ago...

1. Luke Fickell

2. Urban Meyer

3. Lane Kiffin
Kiffin never had much of a chance here after taking over from Pete. He absorbed all of the scholarship pain after following a Trojan ledgend. He took a bunch of B.S. from the Norm Chow fans and had to much to soon at the Raiders and Tennessee. He was rehabed under Saban who credits Kif with restructuring the Alabama offense. Now having said all of that we could do much worse but hopfully we will do a lot better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canyon.usc

SC93er

Aug 24, 2017
Under Kiff, Dart would throw for a million miles. Unfortunately, most of that air mileage would be sideways.

TrojanHoss

Aug 24, 2017
In honor of Norm Macdonald - can you imagine the heads that would explode if we brought Kiffin back? Outrage, indignation, consternation, anger…imagine the fun to just screw with the talking heads from sea to shining sea. For that reason alone it’s amusing to talk about.

But a resounding NO.

Reactions: DaFireMedic

IETrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
No. No, no, no, no, no.

And just in case you missed it, no again.

No tired retreads, no previous coaches no matter how much they've grown, just no. I wouldn't want CPC back even if he wanted to come. Move on. That era is done. Time to start another era.

Reactions: August West

qqqqqqqman

Aug 24, 2017
Anyone here who wants to return to a strong running game ain’t gonna get it with Kiffin.

He’s a video game, wide-open offense guy…..he’ll throw it as much as Air Harrell.

Entertaining, but when the going gets rough and physical, we’ll falter.

old scotty

Aug 24, 2017
I have been all Trojan since 1954. If they brought back that arrogant, humorless, petty, obnoxious jerk with all the the personality of a turnip ....my USC fan career would be over.

Last edited:

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
The worst idea in history. Finebaum must not be playing with a full deck.. We suffered like hell under Goat Boy, who got the job soley because he was Pete's precious godson. He started and set the tone for what the hideous gang of three, Goat Boy, Cutty Sark and Gomer all were guilty of, all O lifers both as players and coaches with no innate sense of the importance of HITTING, no grasp about what it took to shove THE OTHER GUY around and bully the world as King Pete before them did and as Donte, for one game so far at least, also did. To me it is so conspicuous why we should NEVER remotely consider Kiff again. Never never never never. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on US. Yup, no worse decision is even conceivable, and would put us straight back to square one, behind the old eight ball again, with a very wrong headed loser as head coach yet once more. Noooooooooooooooo.

That would be the death of me. I think I'd leap from the nearest tall building. I thought about it his FIRST time around here.

Jpltrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Couldn’t care less about his personality or his attitude. The media created much of it anyhow. But, holy crap that goal line stance against ND was a horrible thing to watch. IMO it was the worst 4-down series of play-calling I’ve ever seen.

He made a bunch of bad decisions that I doubt he’d make today. Hiring his Dad was bonehead mistake #1 because when he failed he wasn’t fireable.

SC would have to be pretty hard up to consider him. After 6 years of Gomer SC is pretty hard up.

deleted_00002

Aug 24, 2017
Oh Helllllll NO!

This team and program clearly needs a sane coach that is tough on accountability, which is not Kiffin.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Understanding yours is a simple question and not deserving of the insulting and minimizing responses you've gotten from some (above), I'll reply here that I'm not in favor of Kiffin returning.

I have no issue with you asking the question though, especially since you were only seeking the thoughts of others, not proposing Kiffin as your desired "solution".

Kiffin has grown a lot and may end up winning big somewhere, but that somewhere won't likely be USC.

That said, I might enjoy watching certain heads explode, if they were to not get one of their own preferred candidates installed.

Owned- Exploding Head.gif

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
There is a **** load of FAR more deserving coaches out there without the brutal baggage of incompetence Kiff was addicted to the first time around. You say he's improved. Yo say he is better now. But Lord Almighty, why not FINALLY try something totally DIFFERENT for once, and wipe the slate clean of all those old failure nepotism/cronyism coaches from the Pete Carroll tree, something new and wholesomely fresh, instead of returning robotically to to an old exhausted but still lethal flame like a fleet of suicidal moths.

Now is our magnificent chance to FINALLY go in a totally different direction. Kff is NOT GOOD for dear old Troy. No good at all, but would be only a highly depressing return to square one from 12 wretched years ago, and we beaten up, exhausted fans yet once again behind a gigantic eight ball, our team second or third rate seemingly forevermore. The world would however get a gigantic horse laugh at Troy yet once again, and maybe pity us a few seconds, then dismiss us as irrelevant for at least another decade. Is that what anyone wishes to risk around here? TRY SOMETHING NEW FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! Why stumble back lazily to a poisonous well when we don't have to? No, we don't have to at all. We have just gloriously swashed down a bad guy who nearly had HIS boot on our neck. We rose to our feet heroically and impaled the SOBS with remarkable lightening-like thunder darts. We want to keep this dashing NEWNESS. We do not want Dart the Killer to regress or our new found momentum to be swindled from us by nore lazy hires. Goat Boy, stray ELSEWHERE, and deflate for us no more footballs. Not next year, not evermore down through the eons. Your time here is long since past. You had your chance and got justifiably tarmacked. STAY tarmacked please. No room for your sort here again. Stay right where you are.

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
Understanding yours is a simple question and not deserving of the insulting and minimizing responses you've gotten from some (above), I'll reply here that I'm not in favor of Kiffin returning.

I have no issue with you asking the question though, especially since you were only seeking the thoughts of others, not proposing Kiffin as your desired "solution".

Kiffin has grown a lot and may end up winning big somewhere, but that somewhere won't likely be USC.

That said, I might enjoy watching certain heads explode, if they were to not get one of their own preferred candidates installed.

View attachment 153685
Yup...saw a bunch of talking heads putting it out there....Im not a fan of the idea myself....

Hell, Id rather have Donte than him....LOL

Latest posts