Lots of chatter on Twitter about Mullen as OC

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
no idea at all, but multiple folks on Twitter dropping big hints about it. I’d have mixed feelings about it if true.

Lots of posts in general hinting about a big move, with most broadly suggesting Mullen.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I don’t see why Mullen would take an OC job. He’s shown he can really coach football. He was a really good coach at Mississippi State. He probably just doesn’t have the personality for a blue blood type of team, which he showed at Florida.

I’d love to see Mullen in the ACC. If Clawson bolts for Stanford, I wonder if Mullen would consider Wake Forest? I just don’t see why Mullen would be an OC if he wants to continue coaching. He can definitely land a quality HC position. He would’ve been a great hire for Georgia Tech.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I don’t see why Mullen would take an OC job. He’s shown he can really coach football. He was a really good coach at Mississippi State. He probably just doesn’t have the personality for a blue blood type of team, which he showed at Florida.

I’d love to see Mullen in the ACC. If Clawson bolts for Stanford, I wonder if Mullen would consider Wake Forest? I just don’t see why Mullen would be an OC if he wants to continue coaching. He can definitely land a quality HC position. He would’ve been a great hire for Georgia Tech.
I think he'll be hoping for a head job. I think he has a well-paying TV gig and a nice buyout from UF. He'll be choosy. I know Chizik is at UNC but I'm thinking he's actually head coach-in-waiting there.

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
no idea at all, but multiple folks on Twitter dropping big hints about it. I’d have mixed feelings about it if true.

Lots of posts in general hinting about a big move, with most broadly suggesting Mullen.
Your first mistake is believing anything on Twitter. Your second mistake is believing a 2-time P5 HC who is still relatively young would come to SC as its OC.

This isn’t rocket science.

• Sad
Reactions: Senior Rooster

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
Great rapport with his players. 😲
Don't think he's a Beamer guy.

dan mullen dancing GIF by Florida Gators

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Your first mistake is believing anything on Twitter. Your second mistake is believing a 2-time P5 HC who is still relatively young would come to SC as its OC.

This isn’t rocket science.
Where did I say I believed it?

Your first mistake was not reading my post thoroughly.

Your second mistake was thinking I said something that I didn’t.

Your third mistake was actually posting to show how bad you are at reading comprehension.

Seriously, can you even read?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dod Rangerfield

TheRev

Jan 22, 2022

Your third mistake was actually posting to show how bad you are at reading comprehension.

Always enjoy reading your posts as they are well thought out. Are you Steve Taneyhill???

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022

Speaking of comprehension. You relayed something you saw on Twitter. Why did you post it if you didn’t believe it? I observed no mocking tone to your post, so you weren’t joking. You posted something that you either think is true, could be true, or you hope it’s true. Either way, your source was Twitter.

SirSpur

Joined Jan 10, 2014
Jan 31, 2022
Speaking of comprehension. You relayed something you saw on Twitter. Why did you post it if you didn’t believe it? I observed no mocking tone to your post, so you weren’t joking. You posted something that you either think is true, could be true, or you hope it’s true. Either way, your source was Twitter.
This time of year I think it's fair to post rumors if they get a life. Even it their outrageous. It's entertainment. If you take things too seriously that would be a personal issue. Sticking ones head in the sand and pretending rumors don't exist? I'm not sure if that's right either. Either way, this time of year you can't get hyper serious and all emotionally worked up and involved in every name or rumor floating around. Again, it's fun. The speculation, it's entertainment. enjoy it or ignore it but it's not going away. We will know soon enough and then we can get mad because 'our' guy didn't get it and the guy they hired isn't going to work. :ROFLMAO:

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Probably because it is about USC and our open OC position. I'd post it whether I actually believed it or not....the rumor was obviously out there and it involved us, so why not post it and get everyone's reaction to it?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

My posted started with "no idea at all" and said "...if true". That little two letter word "if" tells you I had didn't know whether it was true or not.

Twitter being the source of the rumor is immaterial.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
This time of year I think it's fair to post rumors if they get a life. Even it their outrageous. It's entertainment. If you take things too seriously that would be a personal issue. Sticking ones head in the sand and pretending rumors don't exist? I'm not sure if that's right either. Either way, this time of year you can't get hyper serious and all emotionally worked up and involved in every name or rumor floating around. Again, it's fun. The speculation, it's entertainment. enjoy it or ignore it but it's not going away. We will know soon enough and then we can get mad because 'our' guy didn't get it and the guy they hired isn't going to work. :ROFLMAO:
Right. It's not like my journalistic integrity is at stake here.

Nov 28, 2022

I'd be a hard NO on this if true. Mullen couldn't recruit at Florida. His offense is still based around Tim Tebow. He is a miserable human being. I hope this is internet trolls.

Also, if true. Spencer Rattler goes somewhere else if he doesn't go pro. Mullen offers NOTHING.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'd be a hard NO on this if true. Mullen couldn't recruit at Florida. His offense is still based around Tim Tebow. He is a miserable human being. I hope this is internet trolls.

Also, if true. Spencer Rattler goes somewhere else if he doesn't go pro. Mullen offers NOTHING.

I still don't see it as very likely, but it's one of those rumors that won't go away. Not sure why. Lots of folks are saying it would be a home run hire, but it doesn't seem so to me. I want a guy who is running an innovative offense NOW. Mullen was great as an OC, but that was 14 years go...and with a generational QB in Tebow.

Reactions: VidaliaGamecock

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
If these rumors are true, I'm not pleased with this prospect. Perhaps in the short term he would be a benefit, but I get the feeling in the long term this will not bode well for the program.
Mullen has shown tendencies to alienate his own players, and administrative personnel due to his arrogance (not my words)

( I can tell you that before he was at MSU, he interviewed for another major program, after the interview was done, one of the staff from the AD's office stated "He didn't get it, one of the most arrogant bastards I ever met, he thinks he invented the game")

Reactions: Go Gamecocks

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
If these rumors are true, I'm not pleased with this prospect. Perhaps in the short term he would be a benefit, but I get the feeling in the long term this will not bode well for the program.
Mullen has shown tendencies to alienate his own players, and administrative personnel due to his arrogance (not my words)

( I can tell you that before he was at MSU, he interviewed for another major program, after the interview was done, one of the staff from the AD's office stated "He didn't get it, one of the most arrogant bastards I ever met, he thinks he invented the game")
I could be wrong...but this ^ is what I was referring to about Mullen possibly not being a Beamer guy.

Reactions: Prestonyte

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
No…no…and no!

I don’t want a coordinator that every team has seen over and over for years and is now easy to predict. Unless he’s been studying and updating his offensive scheme while out of coaching, I prefer someone else younger and more innovative. His offensive scheme at Florida and Mississippi State was nothing spectacular. Players make his offense. However if he can recruit that does help.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
LOL. Huge downgrade. Not just a tired retread. A tired *** Florida retread that we outscored by 3 TDs last time we played him with the guy we ran off.

Not just no, hell no.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Had to look it up, and we'd have to give him credit as OC:

2020 9th rated offense and averaged 40 points a game.

The wheels came off in 2021 and they ended with the 15th ranked offense, and 31 points a game.

So this guy's failures compare favorably to our last guys "success".

Definitely step up, but I still would prefer someone else. A step up from the last guy is a very low bar, and shouldn't be the only consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Cock

TopHook

Jan 18, 2022
More like a belly flop. We can do better by promoting from within, which I don't suggest at all.
Way better candidates out there than another FL cast off.
He went to state and got in trouble.
Went to flurduh as a head coach
, talked
, and as an OC(?) John gruden situation.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Mullen in 2021: 30.7 points per game with 6 five stars and 50 four stars
Satt in 2022: 31.7 points per game with 3 five stars and 21 four stars.

So, yeah, if you want somebody that scored fewer points with FAR more talent, then hire Mullen.

Hell to the No.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Its certainly an odd stance to call an offense ranked 77th a success while calling the 15th ranked offense a failure. But people often let emotions cloud their judgement when college football is involved. It's especially true when you compare it to the year before when he had the 9th ranked offense scoring 40 ppg.

I still would rather hire someone else, even if he is an obvious improvement over the guy Beamer got rid of. Being an improvement over Satterfield is no real accomplishment.

Last edited:

Latest posts