Musings from Arledge: Improving college football

gubo&palanka

Sep 23, 2017
"...NBC and the corporate advertisers who are usually so outspoken on American political issues suddenly get very quiet about real, mass, criminal activity to protect their earnings."

Isn't this the truth!

1969Trojan

Aug 24, 2017
Good article and funny: "punting is winning", "the X's and O's -the schematic advantage", "the coach speaking in native Cajun" and Dr. Matt Grootegoed in his Lamborghini. Why duckies need so many different uniforms?

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Bilbo.usc

Jan 9, 2020
Did you used to write for Jay Leno ...
I know you do not live is So Cal but you need to do a comedy set at the Ice House in Pasadena
... what a fun read

deleted_00002

Aug 24, 2017
I was with you until you proposed doing away with Halftime and the marching bands - wrong on so many levels.

Turning College Football into the junior NFL with be the death of it... losing the strong connection with the student body, the reason that the college/university exist in the first place, is going in the wrong direction.

The NFL (or any professional sports league) is all about; making money, making more money, and not losing money. This has never been the model for college sports.

Last edited:

Helen of Troy

Aug 24, 2017
“Speaking of firing, all Pac 12 officials will be terminated immediately. NFL officials will take their place. If they are not available, a random selection of people off the street will do.”

Get out of my head! 🤣🤣

Great read ✌️

Maranello

Sep 4, 2021
Chris, re: the requirement to have Gomer succeed Saban at Bama---I thought the 8th Amendment prohibited cruel and unusual punishment way back in 1791--:LOL:. Some very funny comments---I had to actually clean my diet cola drink off the laptop screen on reading the Claydo comment.

SCnAZ

Aug 24, 2017
I hesitate to say it because I get emotional, but I wish GP were still alive to see this brilliant transformation that SC has/is going through these last few months and hear him comment about it. RIP my beautiful Trojan, I will always love you and what you mean/meant to SC football and SC in general.😇😇🙏🏼🙏🏼 Thank you for those memories

agent13

Dec 16, 2019
Great article. The only thing I disagree with is the 12 team playoff... No team deserves a bye... So the playoff should be 8 or 16 teams with the P5 Conference winners automatically getting in [agree that there is a max limit of 2 teams from any one conference].