Musings from Arledge: The fall of Carthage

FightonOC

Nov 5, 2017
Yep, much prefer Foie Gras
Well...that is a better metaphor. The ducks have become so Phat on the how bad USC has been. It is time to harvest the foie gras and feast!! We can only hope we get a coach ready to be great, ready to embrace USC family, and ready to bring back what makes USC better than any Ivy.

FFO

Reactions: Daphantom99

Bogey Bud

Sep 3, 2021
Well, looks like I’m in a grouping of one. I thought that tortured metaphor would NEVER end. My advice: DON’T quit your day job. Love the underlying sentiment, but sometimes writers try to get too cute.

Bet you’re a great lawyer though - you know, that thing they pay you to do.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Well, looks like I’m in a grouping of one. I thought that tortured metaphor would NEVER end. My advice: DON’T quit your day job. Love the underlying sentiment, but sometimes writers try to get too cute.

I doubt he has any intention of quitting his day job. But this board's name's sake, Garry P, personally selected Arhedge to be a contributing writer. That's good enough for me and always will be.

SCnAZ

Aug 24, 2017
Chris, you ol’ cuss you, lol what a write-up! I love every darn line!! Instagram I want to say, “ding dong the witch is dead” second, it’s a new toy err day in town.
No matter when the trigger was pulled, you and I as well as all of SC fans know there still would be criticism on the AD. I won’t mention him by name yet until we know who the new HC will be. There are going to be coaches getting NEW bigger deals if their offered by SC, good for them.
Let’s make SC great again, really , I mean GGREAT!
Fight on Chris, I love your humor and especially you being on the best college team in the whole of California.

God bless you buddy and God bless America and SC

Arhedge

Staff member
Aug 24, 2017
Chris: You need to immediately resign from your legal practice. You are wasting your talent.
You are capable of great literature, along side Gulliver's Travels and Animal Farm. Your works are destined to be required reading in any college English program, which is interested in great literature.

Any college that assigns something I write should lose its accreditation. But I will consider immediately quitting my job. That part sounds promising.

Arhedge

Staff member
Aug 24, 2017
Well done Chris! I have to admit I was looking forward to this article. Lot of directions you could have gone with it (meaning, before you settled on the toy breaker). But that was very fitting.

I was pleased to see your comments on Bohn. I similarly felt that his hands were tied from day one (IMHO, the overall situation that existed at USC when he was hired was nothing short of a dumpster fire for the new school administration to act in a more or less serial fashion doesn't surprise me). Point is, that Bohn operated as a successful AD prior to coming to USC and he has hired a damm good HC before. Let him to his job. I think he knows very well that this hire will define his legacy.

If I may (from the movie Tombstone):

Wyatt: (referring to Stilwell, laying dead) “Take a good look at him, Ike… ‘cause that’s how you’re gonna end up. The Cowboys (replace w/ Notre Dame or Oregon) are finished, you understand? I see a red sash (replace w/Blue/Gold jersey or ugly Duck jersey), I kill the man wearin’ it! So, run. Run, your cur, RUN! Tell all the other curs the law’s (replace w/ USC F'ing Football) comin’. You tell ‘em I’m coming, and hell’s coming with me, you hear? Hell’s coming with me!”
Well done. I'm disappointed I didn't think of the Tombstone quote myself.

Reactions: Rainman44

Arhedge

Staff member
Aug 24, 2017

Then you'll love the Director's Cut: 2,500 more words about Helton and toys.

I'm still not sure you're right about the career advice, however. I'm thinking this is the perfect time to resign and dedicate my entire professional life to writing articles about Clay Helton.

AMLTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
I hate to say it, but Graham Harrell is still here, and he's still breaking the toys. If Clay Helton was Lennie, Harrell is Andrea De Crasheris.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

Latest posts