Never had Coli looked so empty & dead Saturday nite

usc1011

Aug 24, 2017
i have not missed a home game since 1968. Been going since 1955. I have never left a game early, win or lose. 51-0, you name it. This time was a first. The team quit after the pick 6. i could no longer bear to watch it.
Sad......but hopefully the sun will shine again soon.

conquest4ever81

Sep 2, 2017
Those who left early missed an excellent example of our players and coaches demonstrate a never say die spirit to score 2 quick touchdowns when all seemed lost to close within 14 points. Hopefully, under new leadership our players maintain that same fortitude.

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
Long time Alum & booster told me never had seen so few fans in 4 Q ending. Think this was a powerful message that fans had given up to Bohn.
I have been to Trojan games for 70 years. I remember when there was close to 100K people in the coliseum. At the end of the 3rd quarter the coliseum emptied like it was on fire. Even before it emptied I would bet there was only around 50K fans if that.....at a Stanford game???

Socrates

Aug 29, 2021
Ha, think she was referring to mass exits in3-4 Q. Recall in Pete era many alums stayed after game to cheer along with TMB & Song Girls ,lasted another 20minutes
And came to the games early for Trojan Walk and watching warmups. Special times. . .

Trojanmack909

Aug 24, 2017
It started with so much energy in the building, the dark out was a great touch but that energy quickly fizzled. From the opening kickoff where our kicker gets ejected for targeting, everything from there just seemed off and you got the feeling that it was going to be a bad night for the Trojans as it turned out to be.

The play of the team literally sucked the life right out of the Coli. I was sitting in the player's family section and watched the look on the faces of Bohn and the rest of the administration as they walked passed in the fourth quarter, it was like they already knew what was going to be done.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Ha, think she was referring to mass exits in3-4 Q. Recall in Pete era many alums stayed after game to cheer along with TMB & Song Girls ,lasted another 20minutes
No. I was referring to the "lights out" entrance before the game started. Gimmicky. Didn't exactly do anything to boost performance on the field.

Latest posts