Not a good look for Kliavkoff or PAC12

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017

EDITOR'S PICKS​

The Pac-12 should just stop playing football (except Oregon)​

Let's look back at what transpired in the first three weeks on the West Coast: The league's most visible program, USC, fired its coach, Clay Helton, after two games. Washington, ranked No. 20 in the preseason, lost to FCS program Montana in its opener. BYU went 3-0 against Pac-12 foes, taking down Arizona, Utah and Arizona State. Half of the league's 12 teams already have two or more losses, and No. 3 Oregon is the lone unbeaten team left and the only hope for the College Football Playoff. The Ducks might want to ask the Big 12 if it still has room.

What happened Saturday night was inexcusable, even for a league that has struggled to remain relevant in the CFP era. UCLA, which looked so good against LSU, surrendered two 75-yard touchdown drives in the final 7½ minutes to blow a pair of leads in a 40-37 loss against Fresno State at the Rose Bowl. The Bulldogs needed only 40 seconds within the game's final minute to score the winning touchdown. Meanwhile, Arizona State had four turnovers and 16 penalties in its 27-17 loss at BYU.

And those weren't even the worst performances by Pac-12 schools. Colorado had 63 yards of offense in an ugly 30-0 loss at home to Minnesota. The Buffaloes had 82 passing yards and minus-19 rushing. They had nearly as many three-and-outs (five) as first downs (six). Their leading rusher was backup quarterback Drew Carter, who had 9 yards on two carries.

"Offensively, we're struggling in a number of areas," Buffaloes coach Karl Dorrell said. "And it's not just the quarterback. It's protection, it's the run game, it's receivers, it's backs, it's everything."

Arizona dropped its 15th straight game, the longest losing streak in the FBS, this time against FCS program Northern Arizona, 21-19 at home. Afterward, according to The Associated Press, a Lumberjacks coach in the press box shouted, "We [expletive] run this state!" Hard to argue with that.

Article from ESPN!
Fight On!

SC2015Lev

Jun 1, 2019
Wasn't a good week for the P12 but that's your classic ESPN article. They were juicing UCLA so hard after beating LSU and now they've done a 180 on UCLA. They must have forgotten that Colorado almost beat A&M the week before. ESPN was negative on almost every team in every conference except the SEC. Their power ranking write ups are laughable, it's doom and gloom for everyone but the SEC teams.

Like I said it was a terrible week for the P12 but let's be honest Fresno State and BYU would give some of the mid-to-bottom tier SEC teams issues. Problem is most of their conference are only willing to schedule local FCS schools.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Wasn't a good week for the P12 but that's your classic ESPN article. They were juicing UCLA so hard after beating LSU and now they've done a 180 on UCLA. They must have forgotten that Colorado almost beat A&M the week before. ESPN was negative on almost every team in every conference except the SEC. Their power ranking write ups are laughable, it's doom and gloom for everyone but the SEC teams.

Like I said it was a terrible week for the P12 but let's be honest Fresno State and BYU would give some of the mid-to-bottom tier SEC teams issues. Problem is most of their conference are only willing to schedule local FCS schools.
They don’t like it when their darlings cuck them.
Typical bandwagoners…

Reactions: SC2015Lev

TheTrojanKnight

Aug 24, 2017
Pretty much anyone USC hires will be better than Clay Helton and even he messed around and got us a Pac-12 title, Rose Bowl, and NY6 appearance. Should be USC v. Oregon in a very competitive battle going forward without Clay handicapping us. PAC-12 will still be trash most years but at least it'll have more than 1 nationally relevant team.

Reactions: KeenObserver

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
I do think they could at the very least hang with half of the teams in the SEC tho lol
In 2019, Washington coach, Chris Peterson, decided not to name Jake Haener as his starting quarterback. The next day Haener left Washington. Eleven days later he transferred to Fresno St. An ominous warning about not starting the best quarterback. Hello! Can you hear me now?

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
The PAC has issues, and part of it has to do with how ESPN spins the stories (your OP is exhibit A).

They have a financial interest in making sure that the conference they are in bed with fairs much better than any other conference.

At some point, you should decide that they are foe, not friend, and stop giving them your business and stop trumpeting what they say.

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017

Meanwhile, Arizona State had four turnovers and 16 penalties in its 27-17 loss at BYU.​

Where have I seen a performance like that before??? What are they doing over there...the refs must be met with a whole Mormon harem when they check into their hotels.

Reactions: Pudly76

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Why would Kilavkoff have anything to do with it? he just got the freaking job...what is this title.

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
The PAC has issues, and part of it has to do with how ESPN spins the stories (your OP is exhibit A).

They have a financial interest in making sure that the conference they are in bed with fairs much better than any other conference.

At some point, you should decide that they are foe, not friend, and stop giving them your business and stop trumpeting what they say.
What am I spinning? I am just letting fellow posters know what others are reporting about our conference. I am not writing the article. Should we go back and pretend the results did not happen? We are the worst of the Power 5 conferences or are you putting on your Helton shaded glasses again?
Fight On!

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
Why would Kilavkoff have anything to do with it? he just got the freaking job...what is this title.
Probably bad title, but he is so desperately looking to change the perception of our conference. Apparently he can’t play games for our conference! His biggest accomplishment so far was Helton getting fired!
Fight On!

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
What am I spinning? I am just letting fellow posters know what others are reporting about our conference. I am not writing the article. Should we go back and pretend the results did not happen? We are the worst of the Power 5 conferences or are you putting on your Helton shaded glasses again?
Fight On!
Not you, but the article and the source.

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018

EDITOR'S PICKS​

The Pac-12 should just stop playing football (except Oregon)​

Let's look back at what transpired in the first three weeks on the West Coast: The league's most visible program, USC, fired its coach, Clay Helton, after two games. Washington, ranked No. 20 in the preseason, lost to FCS program Montana in its opener. BYU went 3-0 against Pac-12 foes, taking down Arizona, Utah and Arizona State. Half of the league's 12 teams already have two or more losses, and No. 3 Oregon is the lone unbeaten team left and the only hope for the College Football Playoff. The Ducks might want to ask the Big 12 if it still has room.

What happened Saturday night was inexcusable, even for a league that has struggled to remain relevant in the CFP era. UCLA, which looked so good against LSU, surrendered two 75-yard touchdown drives in the final 7½ minutes to blow a pair of leads in a 40-37 loss against Fresno State at the Rose Bowl. The Bulldogs needed only 40 seconds within the game's final minute to score the winning touchdown. Meanwhile, Arizona State had four turnovers and 16 penalties in its 27-17 loss at BYU.

And those weren't even the worst performances by Pac-12 schools. Colorado had 63 yards of offense in an ugly 30-0 loss at home to Minnesota. The Buffaloes had 82 passing yards and minus-19 rushing. They had nearly as many three-and-outs (five) as first downs (six). Their leading rusher was backup quarterback Drew Carter, who had 9 yards on two carries.

"Offensively, we're struggling in a number of areas," Buffaloes coach Karl Dorrell said. "And it's not just the quarterback. It's protection, it's the run game, it's receivers, it's backs, it's everything."

Arizona dropped its 15th straight game, the longest losing streak in the FBS, this time against FCS program Northern Arizona, 21-19 at home. Afterward, according to The Associated Press, a Lumberjacks coach in the press box shouted, "We [expletive] run this state!" Hard to argue with that.

Article from ESPN!
Fight On!
Let’s not forget San Diego State beat AZ and Utah

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
Who gives a rats *** about whether Blem Blam or August West is butt hurt or not? Take this crap private already. Be great if the moderators would step in and end this rant.

Let’s not forget San Diego State beat AZ and Utah
Can we trade Arizona, Oregon State, Colorado, and Washington State for San Diego State, Fresno State, BYU, and Boise State? All four of those programs are a major upgrade over those four slugs. Remember when Arizona was an up-and-coming program? Or when the Beavs gave USC all they could handle?

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
Actually this is a good thing for the next head coach. Urban saw this two years ago. He could make the adjustments and own the PAC12 including Whoregon! All this while cleaning up Helton’s mess! Donte is the New Beginning! He is doing the small things that we all griped about for years, but his one major problem, he cannot change our offense in midseason. We need to chuck Harrell’s offense and go back to a balanced offense. I was posting that his main priority should be to recruit elite Oline. That currently is our weakest link. If he can successfully recruit them it will be a faster path to recovery for him or the next head coach. Granted he has only been the head coach for one week, but he is the beginning of culture change - hard practices and discipline.
Fight On Donte!

Reactions: AMLTrojan

TheTrojanKnight

Aug 24, 2017
In 2019, Washington coach, Chris Peterson, decided not to name Jake Haener as his starting quarterback. The next day Haener left Washington. Eleven days later he transferred to Fresno St. An ominous warning about not starting the best quarterback. Hello! Can you hear me now?
what does that have to do with what I said?

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
what does that have to do with what I said?
I agree with you and one of the reasons I do is Jake Haener and I thought not everyone knew he was at Washington before transferring to Fresno. Also Chris Peterson has been mentioned once or twice about USC coaching spot. Also Jake Haener left Washington when he wasn’t named the starter, the very next day and we had a bit of a quarterback competition going after WSU game and some here even mentioned the possibility of either Slovis or Dart transferring if they were not named the starter. So a few nonessential comments to your post where you commented on my joke about Fresno beating Alabama.

Reactions: TheTrojanKnight