Not sure I've ever seen a worse Carolina basketball team

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Yikes, not watching the game but seeing comments online, we must be playing really, really bad. Someone said they’ve seen better ball at the Y.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
Halftime.

Mighty George Washington-40
Worst Team in School History-20

TheBaker47

Feb 1, 2022
Yikes, not watching the game but seeing comments online, we must be playing really, really bad. Someone said they’ve seen better ball at the Y.
It's astounding to watch basketball this bad at the colligate level... randomly shooting from 6 feet behind the arch

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
He's not. He'll need time.
The problem is Martin is a good basketball coach. It makes me wonder what it’ll take to actually win here. I know the deck was stacked against Paris this season, but they just don’t play defense at all.

I think we’re all happy to not deal with the yelling and the early season losses. But it’s going to be a tall task for Paris to match Martin’s record in SEC play in the time he was here. It wasn’t spectacular, but it was better than any Coach we’ve had since joining the conference. I was all for parting ways with Martin and I thought it was best for both parties. But I also knew we got rid of a better coach than what we’d replace him with.

We were just in a tough spot and this is just a really tough job. It won’t help us if GG plays here and his draft stock plummets.

mavcock

Jan 21, 2022
How in the holy hell did we beat Clemson. But we beat Clemson.

I was concerned when his best player at UTC transferred somewhere else instead of following his coach. Malachi Smith? That's a bad look.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
The problem is Martin is a good basketball coach. It makes me wonder what it’ll take to actually win here. I know the deck was stacked against Paris this season, but they just don’t play defense at all.

I think we’re all happy to not deal with the yelling and the early season losses. But it’s going to be a tall task for Paris to match Martin’s record in SEC play in the time he was here. It wasn’t spectacular, but it was better than any Coach we’ve had since joining the conference. I was all for parting ways with Martin and I thought it was best for both parties. But I also knew we got rid of a better coach than what we’d replace him with.

We were just in a tough spot and this is just a really tough job. It won’t help us if GG plays here and his draft stock plummets.
Martin is an average coach, a below average recruiter. He excels at being an arrogant jack a$$.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022

By the way, GG's draft stock is not going to plummet. He's doing just fine.

CockofEarle

Jan 31, 2022
How in the holy hell did we beat Clemson. But we beat Clemson.

I was concerned when his best player at UTC transferred somewhere else instead of following his coach. Malachi Smith? That's a bad look.
No, a bad look is when u go down to eat @ the y.

• Haha
Reactions: MrCockStrong

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Martin is an average coach, a below average recruiter. He excels at being an arrogant jack a$$.
Well, the fact is he did take us to a Final Four. And the fact is he had more success in the SEC than any coach we’ve ever had.

His UMass team is 5-1 with a tournament trophy to show for it. They’ve beaten teams far better than teams we’ve lost to.

Again, I was ready to part ways with him. It was getting old. Somebody else deserved a shot. I don’t think this was a good fit for him. I think our job is tough and you need a really good recruiter him to have success. But Lamont Paris isn’t anywhere near the Coach Frank Martin is…yet.

You may not like Frank. And that’s fine. But he’s a solid coach. A unique one for sure. But he’ll do well at UMass because he’ll be able to get the kind of player he needs there. We’re going to find out a lot of Martins issues weren’t him, but this job and how unfit he was for it. It’s the same thing Dave Odom basically said on the way out. We’re far behind in basketball. Worst job in the SEC. Football school. Big time in Baseball. Successful Women’s Program. Not that attractive for young men looking to be the stud on campus.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
By the way, GG's draft stock is not going to plummet. He's doing just fine.
It shouldn’t because it’s all based on potential for the most part. But it still won’t help if we don’t get a lot out of him. He’s done fine so far. But him being here and playing decent does highlight just how bad everything else is right now.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Blowing something up is never pretty. Hopefully Paris can turn things around quickly!

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
At least we can be that Thor's Hammer of an anchor on Clemson's NET all season long. You have to find those silver linings. Even if it's dusty polluted fog, in reality......

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I was skeptical of the Paris hire from the outset, and posted as such. But by the time he was hired, I figured it was worth giving him a shot. It’s always a risk taking these guys on the basis of a single NCAAT bid.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
It has been a very long time since I have witnessed a MBB as bad as this. The most galling was allowing uncontested drives to the basket.
Unless I was looking at a mirage, I just did not see much talent on this team.

t.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
At this point, looking at the SEC slate, who can you say we're better than?

1982cock

Jan 22, 2022
While I certainly didn’t like Martins sideline antics, I was in favor of going at least another year given what we had coming back and with GG coming in. Seems like we would’ve been pretty strong. Would’ve been interesting to see how they competed. Paris seems like a nice guy. Hope he can do well. Quite a mountain to climb though.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
I was skeptical of the Paris hire from the outset, and posted as such. But by the time he was hired, I figured it was worth giving him a shot. It’s always a risk taking these guys on the basis of a single NCAAT bid.
He is 3-4 with a win over Clemson. Zero returning starters and only several players that were on the team last year. A point guard that is out. An undersized forward.

I'm guessing you folks thought we would put a winning product on the court from day 1. Tough crowd for sure. Give him a couple years before we run him out of town. I'm fairly certain that Mike K. wouldn't win out of the gate with Paris's situation.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
He is 3-4 with a win over Clemson. Zero returning starters and only several players that were on the team last year. A point guard that is out. An undersized forward.

I'm guessing you folks thought we would put a winning product on the court from day 1. Tough crowd for sure. Give him a couple years before we run him out of town. I'm fairly certain that Mike K. wouldn't win out of the gate with Paris's situation.

Nobody expected us to win this year. Not winning is one thing. Playing ugly, ugly, ugly basketball is another.

Patriot321

Jan 29, 2022
Dude, the season just started. Relax and find some joy.
Agree, the huge majority of fans were thrilled Martin left, including myself! And I still am. It is impossible to get a top name coach in here with the way Martin left it and with our history. Give Paris a chance before destroying him, he has to build a team. If we don't see improvement in the team in the next couple of years, then we can question Paris.

Last edited:

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Lets get real people. Coming into this year we ALL knew it wasnt going to be good, even with GG. We lost almost all of our team from last year and as usual, USC takes forever to hire a coach and generally is left picking whats leftover. This threw Paris into a quick fix stage of trying to get transfers and many of the good ones were already taken or at least were talking with other schools. He had to throw a team together and had no time to recruit at all really but getting GG shows he CAN recruit. It will take at least three years before we start seeing anything good coming with Mens basketball so we better get used to it and celebrate the wins and help the coach push the players through the bad. The transfer portal is usually full of players who are "me first" players that go elsewhere to be the me first guy. This means many teams are becoming full of Me First guys. That takes time for coaches to break those habits. If you take one or two transfers, other leaders can help break that but if you have to do like Paris and take 8-9, then it is very hard because any and all leadership left. I am disappointed in what I am seeing as well but if we are honest, EVERYONE saw this coming. Just take the win over Clemson and be happy for now. Heck, maybe we beat Kentucky also because goodness knows I cant stand Calipari.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Lets get real people. Coming into this year we ALL knew it wasnt going to be good, even with GG. We lost almost all of our team from last year and as usual, USC takes forever to hire a coach and generally is left picking whats leftover. This threw Paris into a quick fix stage of trying to get transfers and many of the good ones were already taken or at least were talking with other schools. He had to throw a team together and had no time to recruit at all really but getting GG shows he CAN recruit. It will take at least three years before we start seeing anything good coming with Mens basketball so we better get used to it and celebrate the wins and help the coach push the players through the bad. The transfer portal is usually full of players who are "me first" players that go elsewhere to be the me first guy. This means many teams are becoming full of Me First guys. That takes time for coaches to break those habits. If you take one or two transfers, other leaders can help break that but if you have to do like Paris and take 8-9, then it is very hard because any and all leadership left. I am disappointed in what I am seeing as well but if we are honest, EVERYONE saw this coming. Just take the win over Clemson and be happy for now. Heck, maybe we beat Kentucky also because goodness knows I cant stand Calipari.
Thank you!

Patriot321

Jan 29, 2022
Was this a woke hire?
I think it was a hire of the best coach we could get, it just isn't a job most coaches want, it has been a career-ending job for as long as I can remember, at least for the most part. It could be a woke hire, we don't know, but we will never know that. At this point none of it matters, he either produces or he doesn't.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
At this point, looking at the SEC slate, who can you say we're better than?
SEC ?
This team just got smoked by George Washington. Perhaps the better question may be is there anyone in D1 that we could say we're better than.
(Don't ask if you think you may not like the answer)